#169 + 173 Fundamental (Mark Tuan - GOT7)

Idol x You Drabble Game Masterlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: #169 + #173 – “Please open the door and talk to me.” + “I’m going to ruin your ing life.”

Pairing: Mark Tuan x reader

Genre: slice of life au

Warnings: Y/N’s temper lol

Word count: 1498

 

You should have expected it. The fact that you hadn’t even contemplated that this would happen today was all on you. If there was one thing you knew about being with your long-term partner Mark was that once every year you would be subjected to a day of playful hell. It was started as a joke years back when you were both fresh-faced in your budding relationship, playing little pranks on one another to make the other smile. It was generally during the exam season, lightening the otherwise serious mood and endless cramming sessions.

But you were both passed that part in your lives now. Still, it had become somewhat of a tradition.

You had just forgotten what the day was.

And instead of letting it roll off your shoulders, or you should you say, through your freshly washed hair and over your expensive tailored suit, you spun around and stormed through your apartment until you found the culprit.

“Mark!”

“Yesssss?” he replied with a snigger attached, taking a brief look in your direction to see his well-executed mixture seeping down your back. His lips twisted up with the effort of holding back his laughter. “Is something the matter, Y/N?”

“Are you kidding me right now? I’m going to ruin your ing life! Do you even know how much this outfit cost me?!”

Mark’s humour erased immediately, and his gaze widened as he looked up at you. “Oh… uh oh, did you forget what today is?”

“How many more years do we have to act like idiots for?! Is this why you’ve not proposed to me yet? Are we still too immature for adult things?!” you exclaimed, balling your hands up and then letting out a frazzled shriek before turning on your heel, rushing back to where you had just come out from. You heard Mark’s equally hurried footsteps following after you and flicked the door latch to the bathroom just in time, his hand rattling the handle repeatedly.

“Baby, I’m sorry, open the door!”

“I’m furious with you right now, go away!” you called back, removing your blazer and throwing it down on the floor. Realising the bedroom’s entrance to the bathroom was still unlocked, you hurried through the walk-in closet to lock that door as well, right as Mark reached it. He cursed loudly.

“I didn’t know you hated this day. Especially with how into it you got last year,” he told you as you moved back into the tiled space to continue removing your layers. You let out an indignant scoff. Mark was lucky you hadn’t yet put your makeup on for the day.

Slowly, you removed the goop from your body, showering for the second time this morning. You would be late for work; there was no doubt about it. Glowering at the shower wall, you couldn’t tell who you were more annoyed with. If today wasn’t an important one for your career, maybe you would have laughed and made an effort to share the mess with him. But you were already on edge from the moment you opened your eyes.

This thought alone made you sigh heavily. When had you lost your playful side? When had life become all about taxes and performance reviews? Did you even skip around or laugh heartily anymore? You still thought Mark’s prank was ridiculous and that wasn’t going to stop being annoying to you any time soon. Equally, you were mourning the loss of that carefree nature you once possessed. You had conformed to societal expectations without even realising it.

It was only one day out of each year. Why was it like that? You rack

Please log in to read the full chapter