#119 That's It? (Changkyun - Monsta X)

Idol x You Drabble Game Masterlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: #119– “I just really need to talk to you.”
Pairing: Im Changkyun x reader

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Word count: 1198

 

There were always sentences that would provoke certain emotions in a person. Some would spark joy or excitement, others contempt and annoyance.

But there was one that was universally dubbed as anxiety-inducing.

I need to talk to you.

Changkyun swallowed, the sentence hadn’t even been spoken out loud and still he felt the immediate surge of concern. Why did you need to talk to him? What had he forgotten about or done wrong to warrant such a sentence?

He stared at the simple message on his phone for several minutes, blindly jostled by his best friend Jooheon. “Dude, you look unwell, all good?”

“Ah, well, I don’t know,” Changkyun admitted, allowing Jooheon to read your message. “This doesn’t really bode well, right?”

“That’s from Y/N?” Jooheon asked and Changkyun nodded. Jooheon dismissed the apparent anxious expression on his friend’s face. “I saw her earlier in the staff room, she seemed completely fine.”

“To you, but maybe I’ve done something?” Changkyun wondered softly, letting out a heavy sigh. He started to brood, over-analysing every aspect of his recent interactions with you. He couldn’t think of anything that he had done to warrant your need to send him such a message and dropped his head into his arms with a groan.

Jooheon patted his shoulder gently. “You know, it could be something good.”

“There’s no exclamation mark,” Changkyun replied immediately, glancing up at Jooheon. “I wonder what it is that I’ve done wrong.”

“Only one way to find out, message her back.”

“Right now? I uh, I need to get back to work. These emails aren’t going to send themselves.”

Jooheon shrugged. “The sooner you rip off the band-aid, the quicker whatever it is will be over and done with.”

 

 

 

Of course, Changkyun opted to do all his remaining work before approaching your message. When he logged off his computer, he looked to his phone, noticing the flashing notification light. Heaving in a deep breath, he unlocked the device and saw another message from you.

I just really need to talk to you.

Guilt washed over him for making you wait so long as he cowardly protected himself from whatever you had to say. Hitting the call button, he balanced the phone on his shoulder as he collected his belongings and managed to pull on his coat. You answered after the fourth ring. “Finally!”

“Sorry, I was caught up in work, is everything okay?”

“No, you made me wait all day,” you grumbled and Changkyun sighed as he walked towards the elevator.

“Well I’m free now, can you tell me over the phone or-”

Please log in to read the full chapter