#122 You, Idiot (Minhyuk - Monsta X)

Idol x You Drabble Game Masterlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: #122 for anon – “Promise me, that you won’t tell anyone.”
Pairing: Lee Minhyuk x reader
Genre: best friends to lovers / angst / fluff
Warnings: none
Word count: 1063

 

“Promise me, that you won’t tell anyone.”

Nodding eagerly, Minhyuk leaned forward towards you, and you looked both ways before grinning. “Hoseok kissed me!”

Blinking slowly, Minhyuk attempted to wrestle with the immediate reaction he had. If you had told him this two years ago, he would have openly shuddered and proclaimed that was gross. But Minhyuk was twelve now and he had a better understanding of what kissing meant.

Especially since you had been his first kiss a few months ago.

“Oh, did he? Where on your cheek?”

“No silly!” you giggled, slapping his forearm playfully. Your face was flushed with happiness. He knew what you had meant.

Still, for the sake of his boyish feelings, he wanted to drag this out. It would hopefully hide the disappointment he was facing inwardly.

“On your nose?”

“Minhyuk!”

“Okay, so he kissed you. Why does it have to be a secret?”

You stopped then, shrugging your shoulders and he watched the action. You were a year older than him, and puberty wasn’t delayed in its approach. Maybe that was why you had kissed Hoseok just now.

He was older too and Minhyuk was still a baby compared.

The thought made him bitter and he folded his arms across his chest, a barrier to protect himself from his confusing emotions.

“Just don’t tell anyone, okay?!”

“Why would I? It’s not a big deal,” Minhyuk bristled, moving past you and into his house.

 

 

 

Minhyuk sighed heavily. “I won’t tell anyone so tell me what’s wrong, Y/N?”

Shaking your head, your hair floated around you before falling over your lowered head, shrouding your emotions from his. He could tell you were crying though, your body was shaking with the action. Sitting down, Minhyuk pulled you towards him, your tears falling onto his new shirt.

He had brought it in hopes it would catch the eye of Mimi at the party tonight. Instead, you were using it as an enlarged handkerchief.

“I saw… and then… I just want to go home.”

“Brody cheated on you?” Minhyuk concluded softly, and you nodded into his chest, clinging to him tightly. He patted your back, trying to hold back the response he had to this news. He had already caught your boyfriend behind the school campus with a girl last week. And you had blown up on Minhyuk for telling you, saying he was jealous.

You were right but Minhyuk wasn’t going to let you know that. He had genuinely told you because he knew Brody was a jerk and you deserved better.

Like hi

Please log in to read the full chapter