#3 Someone Special (Mingyu - SVT)

Idol x You Drabble Game Masterlist
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: #3 – “This was my mother/father’s”

Pairing: Kim Mingyu x reader (ft. Jeon Wonwoo)

Genre: dystopian-ish au / meet cute / fluff

Warnings: not Casper, but there is definitely a friendly ghost up in here. Also, mentioning of something that affected the normal way of living – but not said in detail.

A/N: So for this story, I’m aware it could have been a good series idea, and still my brain is in two minds of whether I need to write more in this world or not. I didn’t really go into detail of what led to their predicament, rather the present moment in time to keep this story from becoming too long. I hope it makes sense, and if I feel compelled to continue it sometime, I’ll make sure to add more then!

Word count: 2223

The headlights illuminated the house up ahead and you sighed in relief, unbuckling your seatbelt. You were exhausted and the only thing on your mind was finding a bed once inside and becoming acquainted with it for many hours.

“Are you sure it’s okay to stay here?” Emmy asked from the back seat and you turned to Wonwoo on the driver’s side, waiting for clarification. Of course, you were compelled to just go up into the house anyway by this point, uncaring if the house was even a home to ghosts. You would sleep among the dead if you had to. Still, you were curious as to why he had driven you here.

Nodding slightly, Wonwoo sighed. “It will keep us safe.”

“It looks abandoned,” Emmy whined, shuddering visibly.

“It belongs to a good friend of mine, he’ll be all too happy to let us stay here,” Wonwoo confirmed, opening the car door and getting out.

You followed suit, rolling your eyes when Emmy clung onto you. “Stop being a baby, we can’t just keep driving around mindlessly, Em. We’ve left the city for good, now it’s time to find a place to settle and call home.”

“Yes but… look at it Y/N. Surely you can see how spooky it is too?!”

Glancing at the home, you wouldn’t say it was the most welcoming. It was an older-style manor and in need of some TLC to the overgrown gardens. However, the roof looked as if it would hold off the drizzle that you knew would turn to rain soon, and that’s all that mattered.

That and finding a bed.

Turning to Emmy, you shrugged and started towards the veranda, Wonwoo carrying your bags in behind you both. He stepped forward when you waited in front of the door, fishing out a key from its hiding spot. Grinning at his discovery, he then unlocked the door, which creaked open, exposing the modest interior.

“Bedrooms are upstairs, and there’s a bathroom at the end of this hallway if you need it. Kitchen is to the left, just beyond the living room.”

“And the owner?” Emmy asked and then groaned. “I guess, with times as tough as they are now, everyone is displaced.”

“I just want a bed,” you announced, stepping inside boldly, looking around yourself briefly before taking the staircase to the second floor. There were several doors and you simply chose the one at the very end, hoping it would lead you to a bed. Twisting the handle, you smiled when a four-poster bed appeared, the moonlight illuminating over it from the open-curtained windows.

“This will be more than perfect,” you breathed, shrugging your coat off and climbing up onto the mattress. Crawling to the middle of it, you then slipped under the covers, laying down and closed your eyes.

It felt as if it had been a lifetime since you had experienced such comfort, and thus, it didn’t take you long to fall asleep.

You woke to the sound of giggling, a moan leaving you at the unwelcome interruption. Blearily opening your eyes, you looked around, snapping upright and tugging the blankets along with you when you saw a woman not much older than yourself sitting at the end of the bed. Blinking away your sleep, you peered at her. “I uh… are you the owner of this house?”

“Me? No, the owner is a young man now.”

“Is this your room, am I intruding-”

“I just thought you were awake since you were talking to me before this,” she admitted with another impish giggle and you nodded slowly.

“I’m known to sleep-talk, sorry.”

“It’s quite alright, peach.”

“Oh, uh, I’m Y/N.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Y/N. Did you sleep well?”

Scratching at the side of your head, you nodded again. “I don’t think I’ve slept that deeply in weeks.”

“Then I’m relieved. We don’t need our guests here suffering from any inability to sleep!” she crooned, moving closer to inspect you. She then recoiled, tutting you repeatedly.

“What is it?”

“When did you last bathe, my dear? Your clothes too…”

“It’s a bit difficult to do those things when you’re on the road,” you confessed awkwardly, feeling a little embarrassed by the state of yourself. All three of you had been travelling nonstop to get away from the reactive area which had reached your city that survival had been at the forefront. Now, you could afford to take better care of your personal hygiene and feel more human once again.

“We can’t have you go around like this,” the woman stated, getting up from her spot to travel over to the dresser in the corner. Sifting through it, she continued to shake her head at her choices, soon moving to the wardrobe. She withdrew a black and white po

Please log in to read the full chapter