Chapter Six

Sunshine

When I returned to the others, they had all changed into comfy and beach friendly clothes, like T-shirts or tank tops and basketball shorts, and were finishing unpacking our things out of the car and setting up. Jimin and Jungkook are goofing off having a water gun fight between each other.
 

I'm gonna keep my distance from them.

 

Jin is setting up the grill already, while RM hung out by the picnic area with him— looks like he's writing some lyrics. V is down by the shore playing in the sand and water. I see Suga chilling out on a foldout chair, giving off a famous aura, wearing a Chicago Bulls Jersey over an oversized white T-shirt, and jeans shorts with a pair of shades on and headphones in his ears, trying to block out the world. I head towards him. 

 

The Prince of Swag must have noticed my presence and lifts his shades up, and looks at me. "Hey, Swaggers." I greet him. He raises an eyebrow. "Whatcha doin'?" I cheerfully ask. 

 

"Well, I was enjoying a nice nap, but now..." he trails off. 

 

Suga had such a smug look on his face. I wanted to slap it off. "You're lucky you're a girl." 

 

I raise an eyebrow. "And..why's that?" 

 

"If you were one of the members, you would die," he warned me with a chuckle. 

 

"Aww, is that supposed to scare me?" I laugh, "I'm from America, I hear threats like that daily."

 

"Oh, isn't that lovely," he sarcastically mutters.

 

"Well, you wouldn't kill me," I tilt my head towards him, and batt my eyes. "You love me too much," I smile. 

 

He rolls his eyes; I can see a tiny grin that he's trying to hold.

 

"It's so beautiful out here, why don't you come and play with everyone on the beach?" I crouch down to his eye-level giving him another sweet smile. 

 

"Well, that would require me to move, and I'd prefer not to," he gives me a look that says duh written all over it. "I am on vacation you know, so I'm supposed to be relaxing." 

 

"C'mon, lazy bones, you can sleep later," I shake at his shoulder a little, and continue nagging him. It doesn't seem to be working so I go for the drastic measures— the puppy dog pout. 

 

"Come play with us, Yoongi. Please? I never see you," I give him puppy eyes. I can see his struggle as he tries to resist. 

 

He lets out a large sigh in defeat, "Fine." 

 

"Yay!" I give him a big hug and squeeze him. "Okay, okay," he laughs, swatting me away. I get up and skip towards the others. Works every time. I smirk to myself, pleased. Hm, I haven't seen Hobi in awhile. I wonder where he is? 

 

Out of nowhere, I hear a screechy cry, and Hoseok zooms past me with his arms high up in the air as he sprints down to the water. I burst out laughing at the little ball of sunshine. 

 

I then sat down in the sand and pull out my sketchbook, taking everything in— it's nothing but sunshine and fun all around. I drew the guys as they play; each of their faces beaming with happiness. It was contagious. 

 

After a couple minutes of quick sketching, I decided to join them in the water. I close my book, and quickly went to change into my swimsuit and slide on a pair of high-waisted jean shorts. But I stood in front of the exit suddenly hesitant to go back out. 

 

I'm not the skinniest girl, and I can be self-conscious about myself, especially being in South Korea— where everyone is a beautiful walking stick. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath, building up the courage, I step out of the changing room and head towards the guys. When I return, I freeze.

 

The entire BTS group is running around the beach- shirtless.

 

I don't know why I'm so surprised, I mean, they are at the beach on a real vacation. They don't have to announce to the world where they are; a camera crew following them everywhere they go and watching their every move, or are scheduled to make a V app video, unless they want to themselves. So, they don't have to swim with t-shirts on or cover themselves with towels like an exposed woman from a 50s movie. It's just them. 

 

They can do whatever they want and just be themselves. And I've gone swimming with them before, so it's not the first time I've seen them shirtless, but they're all really hot. So yeah, I have a quick fangirl, drool moment. Can you blame me? 

 

"Like what you see?"

 

I flinch, snapping out of my silent fangirl session, and turn around to find Jimin and V laughing at me. "How the hell did they get there? They were just down by the beach." Maybe I was staring longer than I thought. 

 

"Shut up." I whack at them, "Pabos! Don't do that!" They both looked at me smugly. I'm blushing like crazy. This is so embarrassing. Of all people, why did it have to be these two?  

 

Jimin throws an arm over my shoulder, "Don't worry, Ollie-yah. We won't tell J-hope-hyung about your little byuntae moment." They muffle in their laughter. V showing off a large box smile. 

 

I furrow my brows and purse my lips, "What— byuntae? I was not." 

 

"Yah! Whatever." V rolls his eyes and ruffles up my hair. "You're so cute when you blush," he pinches my cheek. Damn, he really likes to do that. 

 

"Stop it!" I smack his shoulder and let out a frustrated sigh. I know I'm going to lose this argument.

 

"Aish! Calm down, will you?" V chuckles. 

 

"Yeah, you're making it obvious," Jimin added, wiggling his eyebrows. I know what he's implying. 

 

"Making what obvious?!" I sigh frustratedly, "You know what, you two are erts, and need to stop with this shipping— playing cupid thing between me and Hobi. Okay?" I cross my arms glowering at them. 

 

Jimin and V give each other a single nod and smile. Jimin winks and gives me a quick peck on the cheek, throwing me off guard. "Wha—?" I touch my cheek flushed. "Jimin!"

 

The 95-liners make a run for it, flexing their muscles in the air. "Hwaiting!" they shout, turning back around and head towards the others. I shook my head and chuckle to myself. "Idiots."

 

"Eh! C'mon, Libby-yah, we're missing the fun!" V calls for me. I let out a large sigh, "If you can't beat'em," I quickly ran after them. "Join'em."