Chapter Sixteen

Sunshine

We took a pit stop to stretch our legs quickly, go to the bathroom, and etc. but it was a little crowded. I hope Jin realizes this might not be the best idea, but everyone's bladder was about to explode, so we didn't care. I put on my glasses and kept my mask in my pocket in case— it may not help much, but the glasses hid my blue eyes, and I always wear a hat, so you couldn't see my brown curly hair very well anyway. I know I still look like a foreigner, but it helps to be disguised. 

 

After doing my business, I took a small walk around the area and went to get a drink from a nearby vending machine when a group of girls pass me giving me weird looks, acting snobby. I heard them gossiping about BTS as they went to the restrooms. They were very loud, so it was hard not to listen. Don't judge. 

 

"Did you hear? BTS is on vacation!" one of them squealed.

 

"They went to some beach area— Jejudo? Or maybe even Busan?" They gasp.

 

"That's not far from here! Omo! Maybe they're still there?!" A girl with an extremely annoying, high pitched voice shrieked. They all start giggling and fangirling. "We should get going and try to catch them!" she suggests.

 

"Good thing we left." I thought to myself.

 

"No way!" Another one shrieks, knocking me out of my thoughts.

 

"What is it?"

 

"There's a girl with them!" They all dramatically gasp. My eyes widen. "See? Look, here's a picture of them."

 

I froze. 

 

There's a picture? Oh . Now my full attention was on the conversation. 

 

"Do you think one of them has a girlfriend?"

 

"What? No way, they can't date anyone. They're too busy, and besides, Jiminie-oppa is mine!" Squeaky chick said with slight attitude. 

 

"Look. It's even a foreigner!"

 

I could feel the blood drain from my face. This is not good. 

 

"So what, she's probably a fan, or an assistant of some sort, or something like that." One of them said. They all started agreeing with her

 

"More foreigners are starting to get jobs around here, surprisingly in the music industry now," another pointed out. "Tch. Desperate to get close."

 

"Yeah, you're right. BTS is too smart to date a foreigner," one said, saying "foreigner" with such disgust. "Besides even if they did it would, at least, be a pretty one."

 

"She's probably a westerner. Look at how fat she is." They giggle as they continue chatting along. 

 

"Yeah, they really could do so much better."

 

I know I shouldn't even think twice about what they say. They're just jealous fans. Afraid an "ugly foreigner" stole their man. That always bothered me how some fans talk about the guys, as if BTS were an object, like they belong to them. I know some fans think they just want what's best for them, but they're only thinking for themselves. And what they said still hurts though.

 

"She's probably just a crazed fan who follows BTS around everywhere," said squeaky chick. 

 

I silently laugh to myself. "Says the one who suggested they drive down to Busan to maybe get a glimpse of the guys..."

 

"C'mon, lets go," one of them announced. I heard their footsteps echo off of the tiled floors of the restrooms, and were coming my way. I quickly face towards the vending machine with my head down like I'm deciding on a snack or something. 

 

They pass me giggling, there was four of them. "Omo, you're never gonna get a date if you don't lose some weight, westerner," the short one in the middle, squeaky chick, said loud and clear thinking I couldn't understand her— it looked like she was the leader— they all muffle in their laughter.

 

I've always been the kind of person who just ignores comments like that and walk away, not caring, and kept my thoughts to myself; letting people walk all over me. But, I'm tired of being little miss pushover, and snap. Well...somewhat. 

 

"You know, you are so right." I turn around towards the girls with a cheery smile and reply with an overly happy voice. "Good thing I don't give a about what others think." 

 

She was taken back by my response. 

 

"Yeah, I prefer not to starve myself into a human skeleton, unlike some people." I look her over and scrunch my nose, "You know, guys like a little bit of , which you obviously don't have— you should really work on that." 

 

She scoffed.

 

The girls' eyes were wide as they stare at me in shock. Obviously not expecting me to have understood them, especially talk back almost fluently. "But thanks for the tip though." I gave them another sweet smile and wave goodbye. "Tootles."

 

.

 

They just stood there gaping. I might have intimidated them, a little bit. Its not every day a foreinger talks back in decent Korean. 

 

"Boo-yah!" I never do crap like this.

 

I stroll back to the van in a happy mood. "Noona! Where have you been?" I turn around to see Jungkook running towards me, V not far behind him. 

 

I was completely taken aback by the urgency in his voice. "Um— uh, what?"

 

"We've been looking all over for you," V spoke with a worried tone, "Hope-hyung is going nuts."

 

"Omo! You found her!" Jimin and Suga come to us from behind. 

 

"Guys. I-I just went...to the bathroom and..took a quick walk. I don't understand what the problem is?"

 

"We've been spotted, and we'll be crowded any moment," V stated. "It's not safe if they see you. We have to leave— now." 

 

I go pale, "Wait— where's Hoseok?"

 

"He left with Jin and Namjoon-hyungs to look for you. I can't get ahold of him," Jimin said. I quickly glance at my phone to see that I had 9 missed calls and 14 messages. All from Hoseok. 

 

Oops.

 

"Now, I hate to say this, but V is right," Suga comes in. "You should get to the van. It would be safer if people didn't see you with us." 

 

I nod in agreement, the last thing I want is to cause them trouble. I quickly fix my glasses and put my mask on, and rush to the van with Jungkook and V. "Guys, I'm fine. I'm just going to the car."

 

"Yeah, but now that some fans know we're here it's a little risky. Saesangs and reporters are dangerous," Jungkook stated. "We have to protect you, noona." 

 

I roll my eyes. "Again with the noona?" I let it go. 

 

"If anything happened to you, Hobi-hyung would kill us."

 

I an eyebrow and give a suspicious look at them. "So...the real reason you guys are here is to save your own skin, huh?" 

 

"Mwo? Andwae!" 

 

"Aniyo! Of course not! How could you say that?" V stammered.

 

"Calm down, you big babies. I was just kidding," I laugh. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, "Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Omo! Ollie!" It was Hoseok, "Where are you?! I've been worried sick!"

 

"I know. I'm sorry— I'm sorry, but I'm okay," I try to assure him. "I'm with Jungkookie and Tae. We're at the van right now waiting for everyone."

 

He sighs, "Aish, okay. Just stay there. Get in the van and out of sight. I'll be there soon, I love you," he quickly hangs up, before I can reply. 

 

"Love you, too..." I mumble into the dead line as I climb into the back of the vehicle. He was at the van with the rest of the members within minutes, along with a bunch of fans screaming behind them. 

 

As he and the others suggested, I stayed in the van, and in the farthest of the back, ducked down from the windows. After maybe 20 minutes of taking pictures and autographs with fans, they eventually all gathered in, and we drove off.

 

"Jagi!" Hoseok rushed towards the back. Smashing his lips against mine as soon as he reached me and held me securely. "Where did you go?"

 

"I'm sorry, I just had to stretch out my legs a little. We were in the car for a while." I let out an awkward laugh trying to lighten up the mood. 

 

"I was so worried. I thought, maybe, saesangs got ahold of you or something."

 

Wow, he really looked worried. I brought my hand to his face cupping his cheek. I look down feeling guilty, "I'm sorry for scaring you, and causing you guys so much trouble."

 

Hoseok let me go from his embrace. "Come on, don't talk like that," he said sternly. 

 

BTS began to interject. "Libby-ssi, this stuff happens to us all the time," said V. 

 

"Yeah, we're used to this, don't blame yourself," Suga adds, and the others agree. Pursing my lips, I nod. 

 

Hoseok pulls me into another warm hug, I happily lean into his embrace. "Whatever happens, I promise I will protect you," he says in a low voice, burying his face into the crook of my neck. 

 

"Always," he whispered tightening his grip around me.  

 

Yeah, it was only a few snobby girls, just ignore them. Things will be okay. As long as BTS is alright, and Hoseok is with me.