Chapter Twenty-one

Sunshine

2 months later... 

 

It's now mid-July, I go back home in a couple of weeks. BigHit Ent. denied the rumor and that I was just a staff member, but the public still won't let the "BTS mystery girl" rumor die down enough for me to see the boys. I haven't seen or spoken to Hoseok or anyone from BTS in weeks. I've tried visiting but was immediately denied and sent away. I miss them all so much, but there's nothing I can really do, except support them from a distance like every other foreign A.R.M.Y.

 

Things quickly went back to normal for me; like most of the times when Hoseok left, it felt as if a part of me was taken away. I just stay in my beehive of a dorm, in my shell; I get up, go to class, and back to my room to do homework. I might go out once in a while and take a walk somewhere, or do my assignments outside on a pretty day. I really shouldn't let this get to me, but it is. 

 

I'm so pathetic...it's like our trip never happened, like nothing happened between us, like it was only a dream...

 

But no, it wasn't. 

 

I traveled across South Korea, and I spent a whole weekend with BTS, with Hoseok. I became so much closer with them all, I actually confessed—no, he confessed to me—and we even became a couple. It was so much fun, so beautiful. It wasn't a dream, it was real—

 

**buzz buzz** **buzz buzz** 

 

My phone started vibrating, snapping me out of my thoughts.

 

I found myself at my desk surrounded by different sketches and projects. I look at the clock, 2:14 A.M.— I must have fallen asleep. I soon notice my cheeks are wet. Was I crying?

 

**buzz buzz** **buzz buzz**  

 

My phone vibrates again. Ugh! Who the hell would be calling at this time of night? 

 

Now I'm getting aggravated. I pick up my phone and freeze, almost dropping it. It wasn't a call, it was a message. I stare at the name on the screen. 

 

Hobi. 

 

I feel tears resurfacing, and my heart starts to beat like crazy. I'm suddenly very hesitant and a little scared to answer. Finally I open the message.

 

HOBI: Hi jagiya, I know you probably hate my guts right now...

Come to the park @ 11:30 pm tomorrow night. Please? I'll be waiting.

 

I just sat there staring at the screen. Re-reading the message over and over again, making sure I didn't misread anything. It was so random, I mean, why now? Why didn't you answer my calls or messages earlier? Leaving me in the dark like that. Why do you want to meet now? Maybe...he wants to meet up to end it—

 

**buzz buzz** **buzz buzz**

 

I suddenly received another message; immediately throwing away my negative thoughts.

 

HOBI: I love you, never forget that. ❤ 

 

***

 

The following night, after hours of talking myself into going, I'm now on my way to the park. I should be excited or happy, or I should be mad...but I'm not— I'm terrified. I feel like I could throw up any second.

 

Even though it's a humid night in the middle of summer. I'm cold; I'm shaking like a leaf. 

 

Finally, I made it to the park and it's deserted— not a person in sight. I check the time, 11:25 P.M. He should be here soon. 

 

Oh my God.

 

I walk over to the swings and sat down waiting. I was there for what felt like an hour, lightly pushing myself with my foot.

 

I've never been so anxious in my life. I recheck my phone; 11:27 P.M. You gotta be kidding me— 

 

"Ollie."

 

I hitch a quick raggedy breath and freeze. Finally building up the courage, I stood up and turn around, not realizing how close Hoseok was to me, I ran right into his chest. The protective wall I planned to keep between us, immediately, came crumbling down as I wrap my arms around his waist. His strong arms surround me, holding me in a protective embrace; I can feel the slight rumble of his chest as he chuckled, or maybe he was even tearing up, I couldn't tell.  

 

"I missed you, jagiya."

 

After hearing those words, I lightly push him away.

 

"Shut up," I said coldly as I walk past him and towards another swing. 

 

Hoseok stood there for a few moments watching me. "I'm still mad at you," I add. He slowly makes his way towards me. Behind me, he places his hands gently over mine on the ropes of the swing and began to push.  

 

It was very relaxing with the clear night sky, and the cool breeze that passed by, plus the feeling of his hand over mine and one on my back. He stopped pushing the swing and his arms suddenly wrap themselves around me; his chest consuming my entire back in a warm back hug. 

 

I'm so weak when it comes to Hoseok. I don't know how to stay strong— to stay mad at him. 

 

A small grin started to curl at the corner of my lips, I let out a light laugh and slightly look back at him. I spoke with a low voice, "I missed you too, jerkface."

 

I could feel the rumble of his chest as he chuckles in my ear, his grip tightened around me at my words. I turn my head over to look at him— at those beautiful, cheerful eyes, and smile that was literally sunshine itself. Just looking at him lifted my spirits; he was so close. I should have pushed him away, but I couldn't. I didn't want to. Slowly he brought his face towards me closing the gap between us with a soft kiss.

 

My heart skipped a beat, fluttering like crazy at the softness and warmth of his mouth against mine. He released one of my hands and gently holds my face caressing my cheeks with his thumb, wiping away the small tears that managed to escape again. I turn myself around to completely face him, while my arms fell to my sides not sure what to do. My hands ball up into tight fists and I grip his shirt to try and bring him closer to me. I missed him so much. 

 

"I'm sorry," he whispered against my lips in between kisses, "I'm so sorry."

 

"I've missed you so much," he softly said in my ear. 

 

I bury my face into Hoseok's hard chest. More tears silently rolled down my cheeks, damping his shirt. He patted my head soothing out my hair in a comforting way, while he held me tight and buried his face into the crock of my neck. We held each other for a while, it was like time could stop for us right there. 

 

"Where have you been?" I breathed out, afraid of what he might say. 

 

For a split second the grip around me tightened, loosening as his gaze lifted up and his big brown orbs met my gaze. "Look, you have every right to hate me—"

 

"Just stop." I quickly interrupt and smack his shoulder. He stared deep into my eyes trying to read me. "Hobi, I understand you're busy," I sigh and look down at my feet. "I mean, you're a k-pop idol for cryin'-out-loud."

 

I could tell he was exhausted just by looking at him. It was dark outside, and I noticed he was paler than usual, terrible bags were starting to form under his eyes, and he didn't have the usual happy glow in his eyes anymore. He should be back at the dorm getting rest, but instead, he's out here in the middle of the night meeting me. I let out a humorless laugh, "I can't hate you for following your dream."

 

I heard him let out another big sigh, "I'm sorry jagiya, so much has been going on lately with practice. Then the new album and the mixtape are about to come out," he tried to explain. I look back up at Hoseok with a small assuring smile. 

 

"Do what you must— whatever you can, at least answer one message; a-anything." I interrupt again with a more serious yet timidly tone in my voice, Instead of leaving me in the dark for so long.

 

This time he looked down at his feet, guiltily. I hesitantly start to speak again, "I— I almost thought..that maybe...— ," I let out a deep breath trying to control my tears from resurfacing (I'm an easy cryer), "that you were b-bored of me."

 

"What? No— never." he exclaimed. Hoseok looked at me with soft sad, apologetic eyes and shook his head. "Ollie," he softly spoke sounding heartbroken, "I know I screwed up, and I can't apologize enough, but..."

 

He trailed off as he presses our foreheads together, "But how could you ever think that I'd be bored with you?" I didn't know how to answer. He continues, "You're my best friend, and I love you." His gaze looked deep into my eyes. Lifting a hand up to my face he tucks a stray hair behind my ear. 

 

"You're not getting rid of me that easy." He smirks, then sweetly kisses my forehead, then lets his rest against mine.