Chapter Twenty-six

Sunshine

"Ollie?..."

 

Hoseok spoke in a quiet voice, looking at me like I was a bloody ghost. 

 

Everyone's eyes bulge out, especially Charlie's. "W-wait a minute— wait a minute— wait a minute..." She shook her head, baffled. "Have you met before?"

 

BTS tense up, exchanging quiet glances between each other, not sure what to do.

 

"Uh..yeah." I let out a humorless laugh. I knew this day would've come sooner or later— kinda hoping it would have been later or even better never. "Remember my exchange student friend, back in high school, that I told you about? You know, the one I was really close with...?"

 

Charlie remained confused for a few moments, then it hit her, "You mean, the guy you fell in love with?!"

 

The guys watch us blankly, since we spoke in English, having no idea what we were saying. Except for RM and Hoseok, whose eyes widen as she continued. 

 

"Y-yeah, that one," I blush. Her eyes look as if they could pop out of her head. 

 

She aimlessly points towards BTS, they all point toward Hoseok. drops, "You mean to tell me that you went out with J-hope?" I lightly nod with a guilty, awkward smile. There was a long pause, "And when were you planning to tell me this?!"

 

My stomach turned a little. "I remember hearing those words..."

 

"Um...ha, surprise?"

 

 She rolls her eyes shaking her head. "I told you how it ended," I mutter sharply. "Remember?"

 

"Oh, yeah." She lightly gasped, "! That's why you were trying to get out of coming tonight wasn't it?" I nod. 

 

"Aww, chica," she tried to reassure, "you should have told me."

 

I raise my eyebrows and scoff. "After the way you acted?" I laugh humorlessly. "Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. My bad." Charlie elbows my side. "Ow," I hiss. 

 

"Ok— ok, fine, maybe I overreacted a little—"

 

"A little?"

 

"Well, this is huge!" she sighs. I notice she kept looking back at something..nervously? I'm not sure. "What?" I mouth at her. She nods over, I slowly look towards what she was hinting. My eyes immediately met Hoseok's; I quickly look away. 

 

The room was dead silent. Everyone's gaze shot between the two of us. V suddenly chimes in, "Hello, Libby-ssi!" Pulling me into a death squeezing hug, "We missed you!"

 

Typical Taehyung; I missed him— I missed them all. One by one the rest of BTS join in greeting me with hugs, waves, and hi-fives. I may not have wanted to come tonight and see the guys, especially not Hoseok, but I'm so glad I did. I notice Charlie still standing by the door, not sure what to do. 

 

I skip over to her and drag her towards the others. "Guys, I'd like you to meet someone," I sang, leading their attention to us. "This is my best friend and your contest winner, Charlie."

 

"Charlie, this is BTS." I push her toward them. She was blushing madly with a big cheeky smile on her face. "She's a really big fan," I softly spoke to RM, who let out a huge grin showing off his dimples. They all greet and talk to her, thanking her for supporting the group so much. Charlie's eyes beamed with happiness.

 

I accidentally make eye contact with Hoseok again, who stood away from everyone trying to keep his distance. Everyone slowly goes silent, again, after noticing the tension between us. The air in the room felt thick; it was awkward. 

 

"Okay!" Jin clapped his hands, announcing in his broken English, "Time for us to go ot an sho Chahlie-yah the staj and get sum food—"

 

"But hyung," V cluelessly interrupts, and in Korean, "we're supposed to wait for another half hour before we can go anyw—mmph!"

 

Jin covers his mouth, "Shut up!" he hissed. "You just can't catch on to anything can you, pabo." The singer glanced at Charlie for help. 

 

"Oh! Yeah, I'd love to see the stage!" She cries excitedly, "Let's go!" Jin starts to shoo everyone out of the room to give us privacy. 

 

Gomawoyo, Jin-oppa.

 

The rest of the guy's faces drop, and they start to whine, "Wae?" Suga an eyebrow just not wanting to get up. 

 

"But I wanna see them get back together," V whines. I glare at him, as he shrugs it off giving me an innocent smile. Charlie snickers also earning a death glare. 

 

"Mwo?" Jimin pouts, realizing he was going to miss the show. 

 

"Aww c'mon, hyung!" Jungkook also starts to protest, wanting to watch. 

 

I can't believe what I'm seeing. They are so damn nosy! It's rude enough how they were acting...but this is ridiculous, and in the end, it just made me laugh. 

 

Idiots. 

 

Eventually, everyone is pushed out of the room; it was just me and Hoseok left. I cross my arms hugging myself awkwardly, my mouth stayed shut into a thin line. It was quiet between the two of us; the only thing I heard was the ticking of the clock. 

 

"Well, what is it?" I sigh, finally breaking the silence. I could feel his eyes on me. "Tch, what am I even doing here?" I quietly mutter to myself.

 

He kept a straight face the whole time; I couldn't read him.

 

"By the way, thanks for the . He was a charmer." I said sarcastically. 

 

He chuckled, a small grin laid across his lips, "When Taehyung said you were here, I didn't think he was serious. I thought he was just trying to piss me off."

 

The corners of my mouth curl into a small smile. "That does sound like Tae-Tae," I said. "So, what is it?" I repeat again and look at him. 

 

He crossed his arms, "I should be asking the same question." I look at him confused. "I mean, what are you doing here— of all places?"

 

"Yeah, nice to see you too, Hoseok," I mutter placing my hands on my hips and an eyebrow up. So many emotions and thoughts are going through me right now.

 

He huffed and quickly shook his head, "That's not what I meant."

 

"Well, isn't it obvious?" I state, "My friend won your stupid contest and she brought me."

 

"I just..." Hoseok trailed off, he let out a big sigh, "didn't expect to see you."

 

I look away as a long pause came between us. "You look good, Ollie."

 

No one has really called me that since Korea, it was weird hearing that name. I missed hearing it. "Thanks," I mumble. "So do you, H-Hoseok. The concert was great too."

 

"Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it." He lightly smiles, quickly looking down, I notice his ears turn pink. The way his voice sounded so soft and gentle made me want to melt or hide in another room. But I can't crumble down now, I have to stay tough. 

 

"So how have you been?" Idiot. What kind of lame question is that?

 

He stayed quiet for a few moments and tilted his head observing me, trying to figure out what to do. In just a few quick strides he was in front me; the next thing I know I'm basically in his chest. He was so close. 

 

Hoseok slowly and gently brought his hand up to my face. "I see you cut your hair," he softly spoke while he played with the ends, completely ignoring my question, "and colored it?"

 

"Yeah, I needed a change." I look down, as my cheeks began to heat up.

 

I sneak a glance back at Hoseok noticing the strange expression on his face. I furrow my eyebrows and give him a straight face. Trying to show him that I was serious— that I'm not affected by him. When inside I'm going out of my mind; I just can't take much more of it. 

 

"What?" I ask. 

 

His other hand came toward me— I immediately tense up— touching the pendant around my neck. A small smile grew on his lips, "I'm glad you still wear this," his voice soft, low. 

 

I never take it off.  I felt tears sting the corners of my eyes, but I held them back. I will not show any weakness.