Chapter Four

Sunshine

"Ahem!—" *cough* *cough* *cough!

 

Someone throws a coughing fit. I turn around to see the tall, beautiful young man whom I've been waiting to reunite with for months— his hair was fluffed out in slight messy waves and was now a nice shade of copper, his cheerful, brown eyes gleamed with happiness, while a smile as bright as the sun laid on his face— staring right back at me. My cheeks heat up. He wore a light green, oversized Michael Jackson T-shirt loosely tucked into his dark jeans, that ripped at the knees, with a pair of sneakers. I can't take my eyes off him; my knees felt weak, and my mind goes foggy. I nervously chew the inside of my cheek and stay quiet. 

 

"Did you forget something?" Hoseok queried impatiently. When I didn't answer, he rolled his eyes and scoffs at what was happening, or not happening. His eyebrow is cocked up, arms crossed, and was  tapping his foot with an annoyed expression on his face.

 

"Hug him." Jungkook hints at me. I mentally slap myself.

 

I look up at Hoseok shyly, while he stared back at me with a poker face, serious and stern. "Uh..ha— hi?" I manage a small, sheepish grin. His face suddenly broke into a wide, bright smile stretching from ear to ear. My heart is racing, and my legs start to shake.

 

Hoseok opens his arms inviting me in, "Yeah, you better 'hi' me, punk," he sasses. "Now hurry up and get over here. My arms are getting tired."

 

I ignore his silly little complaint and run up to him. Throwing my arms around his neck, I hug him as if my life depended on it. His hugs were everything.

 

He wraps his arms around me, and picks me up, twirling me around, like in a cheesy romance movie. Burying his face into my shoulder, "I missed you, Ollie," he mumbled. I can't stop smiling from his words. "I missed you too, jerkface," I whisper back, flustered. I could feel the rumble of his chest as he chuckles lightly in my ear, low and husky. Tears stung my eyes threatening to come out. I missed him so much.

 

Finally, I loosen my grip from around him to see his face. Immediately, I run my fingers through his soft  hair, "Look at you, turning into a redhead. Guess that means you have no soul," I giggle. 

 

"Yah. This is dyed. You on the other hand were born soulless," he shot back, implying to the natural auburn tint of my hair. 

 

Someone obnoxiously clears their throat. "Ahem."

 

*moment ruined*

 

Immediately we let go of each other, blushing madly. I can see the other BTS members watching us, smirking, muffling in their laughter, and giving us mischievous looks and grins. Hoseok laughs awkwardly and scratches the back of his neck. 

 

"Dude, we know you like her, but we don't want to watch you her neck," Suga complains. 

 

The amount of shock and embarrassment was overwhelming. We both gasp and go wide-eyed; I look down trying to hide my face, completely flushed. "Hyung!" Hoseok cries. He looks like he could explode out of rage or embarrassment, I can't tell. 

 

V continues to taunt him. "Yeah, you're going to give her hickeys."

 

"YAH!" Hoseok darts after him and the fellow member runs away giggling like it's a game of tag. Jin then steps in trying to keep the peace, "Calm down Hobi-yah, they were just kidding." The oldest member assures him, and gives the boys a stern look. "Arrasso, Yoongi-yah? Taehyung-ah?" They both nod still trying to hold in their laughter.

 

An awkward silence fell upon us. 

 

"Um, well... let's get going then..." I try changing the subject, as my voice starts to trail off. I grab my things and head towards the door, but stop and look back at them sheepishly, "Uh, where are we going anyway?"

 

RM mutters to himself and chuckles lightly, "You're always in such a rush."

 

BTS look at each other like they have a big secret, "To the beach!" they all shout in unison. Hoseok comes up to me, and takes my hands into his, jumping up and down with excitement. "We're going to Busan!" He says gleefully and starts dancing around like an idiot.

 

Excitement rushes over me, I've always wanted to go to the beach. I live in the central part of the United States, and the closest beach would take, at least, half a day's drive, maybe longer, and I could never afford to take a plane. I squeal with joy, "Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go-go-go!" The guys laugh at my eagerness.

 

"Libby-ssi, you are so cute," V says pinching my cheek. "Ah! Stop it!" I laugh as I rub my cheek and look down lightly blushing. Hoseok smacked the singer in the back of the head, I couldn't read the emotion on his face: playful, annoyed, jealous?—scratch that last one. 

 

"Ouch! Yah!" he complains. "Why is it always me?" V whines, then quickly gives me a thumbs up and flashes me one of his rectangular box smiles as he rubs his head. Idiot.

 

This is gonna be a long weekend.

 

"It's not even 7:00 a.m. and you're already causing a ruckus out here. Hm...?" We turn around to see CEO Hitman Bang and BTS' managers standing by the information desk with their arms crossed.

 

All the boys stop mid-step, and in the blink of an eye stand up straight and proper. "Annyeonghasaeyo, Bang PD-nim and manager-hyungs," RM greets first as the leader. "Annyeonghasaeyo," the others say in chorus; they all bow together. I bow along with them, feeling shy and out of place.

 

"Why do you look so surprised?" Bang PD-nim said with a laugh, "You didn't think I would give you a vacation and not send you off now, did you?"

 

"Aniyo! Aniyo— of course not, sir!" BTS said all at once. The CEO notices me, and smiled gently, "Well, hello dear," he spoke in boken English. "Is been while. You doing good, yes?"

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo sir, it has been awhile. And yes, I am doing well, thank you." I smile back and bow again.

 

"You go on trip with BTS, right?" I nod. "Take care of boys," he gives them a quick glance, especially V." I nod again and bit my bottom lip, trying to hold in my laugh. While the boys snicker behind me. V pursed his lips not looking very amused. "Have a good time and be careful."

 

"And please don't get into trouble, one of the managers pled.

 

"Gamsahabnida, Bang PD-nim." We bow again. "And don't worry, manager-hyungs. We'll be fine," Jimin adds.

 

Everyone waved goodbye.

 

The taller manager quickly came up to me giving me a mask and glasses. "Just in case," he said with an uneasy smile. I can see the concern in his eyes, obviously worried about paparazzi drama and not trusting the boys 100%. I can understand that; these goofs can be troublemakers. 

 

I took the mask and glasses. "I'll keep them out of trouble," I reassure the manager. "And I'll be very careful, and not cause any trouble for them," I bow to him, and he smiles back.

 

"Okay, let's get going," Jin announces. We throw our things in the trunk and scramble into the van. Jin is driving with RM in the front with him. The middle: Suga, Jimin, and Jungkook, and the last row: V, J-hope, and me. Hoseok and I kept fighting over the window seat. I won.

 

We all wave goodbye, "Anneonggasaeyo." The CEO and the managers waved back as we began to leave.

 

And our journey begins.