Chapter Twenty

Sunshine

After dinner, we get back in the car and finish our ride back to Seoul. It was quiet a ride, everyone was doing their own little thing. I'm in the back with Hoseok and Jungkook, they're playing around while I stare out the window watching the passing scenery. We're almost home now— right outside of Seoul. A smile plastered on my face. 

 

"Somebody sure looks happy." Someone says, bringing me out of my peaceful state. 

 

I look up to find the evil 95-liners, Jimin and V, staring at me with smug and cheesy smiles. They lean against the seats holding their heads up in their palms lazily, Jimin slightly bobs his eyebrows. I roll my eyes, "After this?" I look down. My smile grew as I let my thoughts overflow through my mind. "How could I not be?"

 

The boys kept staring at me, intrigued. I let out a deep sigh and lightly chuckle to myself. "You know, I thought I'd be stuck inside my dorm all summer working on school assignments." I started rambling on completely forgetting the boys were next to me listening. "That only, maybe, I'd get a text from Hoseok occasionally— two if lucky."

 

"And look at you now," Jimin burst in happily. 

 

"Yeah," V quickly adds, "you sure weren't expecting any of this, huh?" 

 

I look up at the two vocalists and shook my head smiling; I lightly squeeze Hoseok's hand, "Not at all."

 

So much has happened in so little time. I'm sad that it has to end, but time and reality is creeping up on us. I still can't believe it. I was given the chance to travel around South Korea, and I was with BTS— I was with my best friend. I feel like I've become so much closer with the guys than I ever have before, and then Hoseok and I are actually together. Everything was perfect. 

 

For the moment...

 

***

 

As we drove up to Big Hit Ent. a massive crowd of fans waited outside the gates. The boys were excited and touched they came to greet them, of course, but something was off. As we passed the fans, some didn't look very happy, at all, and it wasn't very safe for me to be with them when they get out of the van.

 

So we drive around back where nobody would see us. There must have been a nervous expression on my face because Hoseok grabs my hand, making me flinch. He gently squeezes it, "Relax."

 

"Just remember what I said, I'll always be here," he whispered against my cheek, pressing his lips against my temple. "It'll be okay."

 

"Aw, c'mon guys! You should really cut the lovey-dovey stuff out," Suga said in a disgusted tone, there was a hint of concern in his voice. 

 

"Oh, hush," Hoseok pushes Suga's words away and stays next to me. 

 

"Yah! Respect your hyungs!" Suga exclaimed. 

 

"He's right Hobi-yah, the fans will go insane, and not all in a good way," RM warns, stepping into the conversation. 

 

"Yeah, I doubt the manager-hyungs will be very pleased either," Jimin adds. "You should really keep your goo-goo eyes in the van. Hidden."

 

Hoseok knew they were right and sighs in defeat, looking at me with lightly sad eyes. He looked like he was about to say something. 

 

"It's fine, Hobi," I quickly said, before he spoke, with a smile and I put on my mask. 

 

Jin parked the van then everyone climbs out, and we start to unload everything. The managers are waiting for us at the back entrance. The taller one greeted us happily, "Annyeonghasaeyo, boys." Then he looks towards me, "Ollie-yah." I smile and nod, giving them a silent hello. "We are so glad you had a safe trip." 

 

"Gamsahabnida, manager-hyungs," BTS replied, and we all bow. Everyone started to unload the van and clean up everything.

 

"Ollie-yah," one of the managers called me. 

 

"N-nae?" I reply. 

 

"Can you come with me for a moment?"

 

Taken by surprise I slowly nod, "Of course." I follow the manager.  

 

"Ollie? Where are you going?" Hoseok asked curiously with a hint of security or protectiveness in his tone.

 

I smile in his direction, "I'll be right back." I turn back and continue following the manager. My stomach started to feel uneasy as we head towards the top of the building. We turn into another hallway on the top floor. He suddenly stops, the expression on his face looked serious.

 

I notice we were in front of CEO Hitman Bang's office. I look at the manager confused. "It will be just moment," he said kindly leading me inside. 

 

I stood in the office, waiting. Now I'm really starting to get a little nervous. Why would the CEO want to see me?

 

 The door suddenly opens, making me jump, and in came Hitman Bang. BigHit Entertainment's CEO. 

 

"Hello, Ollie-yah," he greeted me in English. 

 

I bow and greet him back, "Hello, Bang PD-nim sir." 

 

"Did you enjoy time witeu boys?"

 

"Nae sir, very much. I never thought I'd have the chance to see any of them while I was here because of school." I give him a deep bow, "Gamsahabnida for letting me join them."

 

"Ah, that right. You ar here becauseu university."

 

"Nae, I am here for an art program." He smiled at my response; maybe he was impressed.

 

"You ar very close wit BTS, especially J-hope?" He asks.

 

I nod, "Nae sir, I've known him for years— before he was a trainee."

 

He walks over to his desk— something wasn't right. First the fans expressions out front and now the CEO wants to see me— and pulls out an iPad, handing it to me. 

 

"Have you seen this?" He asks gently. I cautiously take the iPad. I felt the blood drain from my face. 

 

"BTS Secretly Dating?!, BTS Brings Mystery Girl on Vacation!, Which BTS Member is Mystery Girl Dating?"

 

Each article had at least two or three photographs. You couldn't tell it was me because of the shades and mask. Some of the pictures were of Hoseok and I holding hands, some we were hugging, and others I was just hanging out with the guys. All I could do was stare with wide eyes, a lump caught in my throat.

 

The fan girls near Busan. They were gossiping about pictures— I can't believe I forgot about this!

 

I can feel the CEO's gaze burning into me, waiting for an answer. "S-sir...I-I don't know how this— what this.." I was speechless and didn't know what to say, "I didn't mean—"

 

He raised a hand up, stopping me mid-sentence. "I don't blame you. Paparazzi are ruthless and will do anything for a good headline." He didn't seem angry, but he was too calm, and I could tell he wasn't happy. This was the CEO, the head honcho, of BigHit Ent. who trusted us; letting the only group in his company have a break— to go out in public along with a foreigner— he knew it was risky, but he sure as hell wasn't expecting this. 

 

"Now, until this is all cleared up," he glared at me with serious eyes, "I'm going to have to ask you to keep some distance from BTS."

 

My eyes widened as I stare at the floor, my voice was completely gone. The last thing I want to do is leave. Especially, after this weekend, but Bang PD-nim was right. He continued to peer at me waiting for a reply. I took in a deep breath and slowly nod in agreement

 

"A-arrasso, sir," I managed to say.

 

I felt like I could crumble right then and there. The CEO smiles. "Good girl, I'm glad we have an understanding," he spoke in his usual happy voice. "We have your things ready in the lobby, and driver will take you home safely."

 

"U-um, excuse me, Bang PD-nim sir?" I reluctantly asked, "Ho-how long do I have to stay away?" I was afraid to hear the answer.  

 

"Just until we clear this up and the rumors die down, it shouldn't be that long," he said. 

 

My heart fluttered in slight relief and hope. That doesn't sound too bad, I can handle that. 

 

I nod, "Arraso. Gamsahabnida." I give him a quick bow and leave the CEO's office. When I returned to the lobby my luggage was there waiting for me just like he said, but no BTS in sight. I suddenly notice a small note on one of my bags. 

 

"Sorry we weren't here when you came back! The manager-hyungs made us go back to the dorms saying we had a busy day ahead and blah blah blah, they wouldn't even let me say goodbye!! :'( 

 

Don't worry I'll see you soon and I'll call you tonight, ok?? I love you! - Hobi"

 

I silently laugh to myself, "I love you too, dork." I then grab my things and went out the back, and the driver brought me back to my dorm.