Chapter Fourteen

Sunshine

I wake up to a bright glow from the sunlight seeping through the windows. A nice warmth consuming my back. I turn around, surprised, to find Hoseok fast asleep with his arm draped over my waist. I thought he would have gone back to his room by now. My heart melts; he stayed with me all night. 

 

His mouth is slightly parted with a clear line of saliva in the corner. "Oh, that's attractive."  The room is quiet; the faint sound of birds chirping outside, along with his even breathing and light snores as he slept. I can't help but smile at the sight. 

 

"What would I do without you?" I mumble. 

 

The corners of his mouth curl up in the smallest grin, and his grip around me tightens. He must have heard me. I can tell Hoseok was still sound asleep, he looked so peaceful. 

 

"You're really mine." I lightly chuckle to myself. My little ball of sunshine.

 

I turn myself around so that I'm entirely facing him and snuggle up against his chest, soaking up this wonderful moment. I bring my hand up to him and gently trace his face.

 

His features were always soft and perfect; a simple touch of his skin felt so delicate and smooth. The lighting from the windows made him look almost like a porcelain doll. And his skin is so beautiful, I've always been envious— of all the members' skin. 

 

I trace his forehead, moving the hair out of his eyes, and slowly bring my fingers down the sides of his long face and to his sharp jawline. His cheeks had the slightest bit of chubbiness, you could really tell when you were close up or when he smiled extremely wide, showing off his little dimples. Then I started to go over his sweet, thin, rosebud lips. They were soft, the bottom lip was more plump than the top, which had a tiny little freckle on the edge, everything about them was perfect to me. He was perfect. 

 

He started to squirm as he felt the tickle of my touch, causing his hair to fall again, but didn't wake up. I gently brush his hair out of his eyes again, combing the rogue strands under control with my fingers— the light changing its color into a sweet copper— I loved playing with his hair; it was always so soft. 

 

"Someone likes my hair." He said in a soothing, y morning voice. His eyes flutter open, immediately landing on me, and he gave me a sleepy grin and brought his hand up to my cheek. The whole side of my face is covered with the warmth of his large hand. He drew circles with his thumb on my cheekbone. 

 

"Morning, sunshine," I greet him. Hoseok sat up and stretches, letting out a big obnoxiously loud yawn, and falls back into the covers. Propping himself up with his elbow he looks down at me. After a while, I start to feel a little self-conscious and look away. "W-what?"

 

He quickly plants his lips against mine taking me by surprise. I can feel his smile against my lips as I kiss him back. "Morning, puddin'," he greets back flashing me a smile. 

 

I raise an eyebrow and sit up, "Did you just call me puddin'?" I chuckle, scrunching my nose. 

 

He smirks. "Would you rather me say—"

 

"DON'T even think about it," I warn. He looks at me cute and innocently, "Think about what?"

 

I shake my head, "You're such a dork, did you know that?" I stretch trying to rub the sleep off. 

 

Hoseok throws an arm around my shoulders with a bright smile on his face, "And you are a clumsy olive." He kisses my cheek. 

 

My eyebrows furrow, my blood began to boil, as I glare at him— an idea pops into my head. 

 

I unhook his arm from around me and turn towards him, quickly straddling him. "Ollie? W-what are you doing?" He asked, thrown off guard by my sudden actions. 

 

Ignoring his question, I wrap my arms around his neck, and gently roam my hands over his chest and shoulders. "Oh? So that's what you think of me, huh?" I spoke with a soft, low tone trying to be y, "Your little clumsy olive."

 

Honestly, I feel stupid— I'm shy and awkward; my only references on how to be y being from drama crap that I've seen in movies— but it must be working because there is a nice visible shade of pink on his cheeks. 

 

"U-um..uh— no, no! It's just— I mean, uh," he breathes out a nervous laugh.

 

"You just mean what, Hobi? You can tell me." I purr in his ear, "I won't bite."

 

My hands began to massage his shoulders; his muscles tensed beneath my fingers in response to my touch. I graze my lips under his ear and slowly move down his jawline stopping at the corner of his mouth. Then with the tip of my nose, I slowly drew a line up and down his neck leaving little butterfly kisses. 

 

"Uh— um," he opened his mouth but was at loss of words. I notice small beads of sweat on his forehead and goosebumps prickling his skin. Hoseok was as still as statue completely taken back by my actions, and now as red as a tomato.

 

I slowly back off; no longer straddling him. "Uh— w-what are..." He can't even finish his sentences. 

 

I lean down and press my lips softly at the base of his throat and work my way around him— neither my hands or lips left his shoulders, neck, or back. I silently chuckle for I sense a sweet victory.

 

When I turn his face towards me, I gave him a smile as I bring my finger up and trace over his lips again. Bringing my face closer to his, tilting it to the side; my eyes never left his. He closes his eyes, taking in deep breaths as if he's trying to control himself. I stop only a breath from his mouth, and push him off the bed. 

 

er.

 

"Yah!?" Hoseok yelps, tumbling over and landing on the floor in between the beds taken completely caught off guard. He laid flat on his back with his feet sticking high in the air as his legs rested against the other bed. I burst out laughing uncontrollably. The look on his face, priceless. 

 

"What the— did you just...what the hell?"

 

I hunch over and held my stomach, laughing. "Sorry, Hopesters, but that's what you get for calling me, Olive!" I say smugly. I was so not sorry. He looked up at me from the floor completely flustered and wide-eyed. I am very pleased. 

 

"You think that's funny?"

 

"Oh, I think that was gold!" I said in between laughs, and stuck my tongue at him; I drop my smile, noticing Hoseok's expression— his eyes were fierce— and back away, averting my eyes away from him. 

 

"Maybe a little funny..." I mumble. 

 

"You are so dead!" 

 

"No!" I squeal. 

 

He tackles me, before I can even make a run for it, pinning me on the bed. A mischievous grin curled his lips. "You'll be sorry for ever crossing lines with me." His voice, devious and y, sending chills down my back and causing my thinking to go all fussy. 

 

Before I could wrap my head around on what just happened a pillow is shoved into my face and his laugh fills my ears like music. A hardcore pillow fight has begun.

 

 ****

 

Eventually, I got out of bed to get ready for the day. Hoseok came from behind me and swept me off my feet, literally, holding me bridal style and spins us around. Being swarmed with giggles again, I hold onto him tightly as I became extremely dizzy. "Okay— okay! Hobi, put me down— put me down before I barf on you!" I warn him in between laughs. 

 

He finally sets me down, and I try to walk towards my bag to grab a change of clothes. Being as dizzy as I was, I almost fell into the nightstand. Hoseok quickly catches me, "Careful jagiya."

 

"Klutz," he mumbled. 

 

"I heard that," I smack his arm. "Now quit messing around, we're going to leave soon so I have to get my things." I grab my clothes out of my bag and head for the bathroom. 

 

"Where are you going?" He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulls me back towards him. "Bathroom. I need to get ready," I reply. 

 

"You know, you can always change out here," he whispered in my ear seductively.

 

My cheeks were on fire. "What?— Jung Hoseok! You ert!" I scoff, punching his arm. 

 

"Yah! Okay, I'm sorry." He lets me go, snickering, "I was just kidding. Aigoo, calm down." He couldn't stop laughing at my severely blushed out face. 

 

"Sure, you were." I said sarcastically. 

 

"You are so easy to mess with," he teases. 

 

"Byuntae." I hiss as I try hiding my face in embarrassment. He pulls my hands away holding them above my head and traps me against the wall. "Don't hide your face from me," he said capturing me with his eyes. "You're too beautiful."

 

I shake my head snicking. "Cheesy." I mumble. 

 

"Maybe, but it's true," he said and kisses me. I smile against his lips as I return the playful kiss.