Chapter Twenty-two

Sunshine

"But seriously, call or something next time..." I finally spoke, ruining the moment we just had.  

 

He looked at me sheepishly and chuckled. "To be honest...I got my phone taken away."

 

I raised an eyebrow and back away, staying silent for a few moments, "Really?..." I trail off. "You were grounded..from your phone?...." I cover my mouth as a muffled snicker manages to escape. He looked at me sheepishly and nodded his head hard and urgently. It was funny watching him try to be so serious; it really doesn't suit him. He acted more like an innocent child trying to prove he didn't knock over the vase in the living room. 

 

"Pabo," I mutter and sigh with a laugh. "What did you and Tae-Tae do this time?"

 

"Aish, I like how you just automatically assume that I did something..." he grumbled, slightly puffing out his cheeks and crosses his arms over his chest. "And for your information, it was Taehyung and Jungkook's fault."

 

"Little brats," he added under his breath, "using my phone for their silly prank calls." I giggle thinking about the two youngest members pulling off their childish pranks. 

 

Wiggling out of his grip I walk past him and head back towards the playground to help clear my head. I was still a little mad.  

 

"W-wait, where are you going?" I heard Hoseok shout behind me. Maybe I can have some fun with this. I refuse to answer him and continue walking around the park. Out of nowhere, he jumps from above on the jungle gym, in front of me scaring the out of me.

 

"You have to believe me," he said worriedly. "Please."

 

He really thinks I'm still upset with him.  

 

I glare up at him with an annoyed expression as if I'm about to blow up, while he looks like a terrified puppy.

 

"Oh, I do." I smile.

 

Hoseok stood up straight with a jerk, his head cocked to the side, "Huh?"

 

"I do," I repeat myself. "I believe you." I lightly snicker. He takes a big step towards me with a serious face, "Then where were you going?"

 

"Nowhere."

 

His face went from serious and y to plain confused and cute. "Then why were you ignoring me?" he whines. 

 

I smirk, "Cause it's fun to mess with you sometimes." I pinch his pouty cheeks. 

 

"Yah!" He swats at my hand, giving me a death glare. I walk past him again, continuing to ignore him. 

 

"Y-yah!"

 

I take a quick glance back and see Hoseok running towards me. I scream and run into a full sprint laughing, trying to get away. "Yeah, you better run!" 

He cries. 

 

It turns into an intense game of tag. He catches up to me easily, taking me by surprise he wraps his arms around me, and I lose my balance causing both of us to fall down the hillside. After laughing for a while we stay there, laying in the grass for most of the night, holding hands, talking, and watching the stars. 

 

I woke up in Hoseoks arms. I must have fallen asleep... 

 

Confused, I look around trying to remember where I was, only to find  Hoseok staring down at me with a soft smile. I return the smile noticing something on my lap; a small box with a beautiful white ribbon. I look at Hoseok puzzled, his smile grew wider at my confusion, "Happy Birthday, Ollie."

 

What? 

 

It took me a moment to realize, it was my birthday. I can't believe I forgot. "Well?" He looked at me with big curious eyes, "Aren't you going to open it?"

 

I untie the ribbon and slowly open the box. I gasp, looking back at him with wide eyes, "Hoseok..."

 

Inside was a small golden pendant with a tiny jewel in the middle; on the back there was a carving of the sun with a J inside. It was simple yet elegant. I was speechless. 

 

Some people would probably think it looked boring, but I've never been much of a fan for big, flashy, or super-duper expensive kind of jewelry. I'm a simple kind of girl.

 

I finally found my voice, and it was barely above a whisper, "I-it's beautiful."

 

His arms surround me and went towards the box, picking up the necklace to put it on me. "It looks nice," he muttered in my ear. I look down feeling shy. "So you like it?"

 

"Like it?" I mumble and throw my arms around his neck tackling him with a big hug, "I love it!"

 

 Hoseok chuckles, as he wraps his arms around me returning the embrace. "Now you better not lose this, punk," he said with a solemn voice, waving his finger at me like a strict mother. "If you do, you die."

 

I sat up straight and salute him, "Yes, sir," I reply in a mocking tone. We both broke out in laughter again.

 

I stare down at the piece of jewelry around my neck and back at him— at his gorgeous, playful eyes. A small smile grew on my face, "Gomawo, oppa." His face lightened up with his bright sunshine-like smile at the sound of me calling him oppa and kisses my cheek. 

 

"Saranghae, jagiya."

 

"Saranghaeyo, Hobi," I reply circling my arms around his neck, bringing him closer till our lips met.

 

***

 

It was really getting late and as much as I didn't want to leave, Hoseok had an early practice that morning. I wouldn't want him to be too exhausted to concentrate, plus I have a big project to finish before noon. 

 

"We have to go—"

 

"No." He spoke firmly; he looked at me with pouty, puppy-like eyes. I can't help but giggle at his urgency to stay. It melted my heart. I hold his face in my hands and squish his cheeks, "You have practice, and I have homework to finish—"

 

"Noooo!" He whines like a child, interrupting me again, and wiggled around throwing a small child-like fit. Then Hoseok suddenly wraps his arms around me in a protective embrace, squeezing me. I couldn't stop laughing, "There's never a dull moment with you is there?"

 

He shrugs, giving me a wide grin. 

 

"Hobi, I have a project due in a few hours and you, mister, have practice." I stand up and wipe the grass of my pants, while Hoseok stays on the ground pursing his lips. "Now come on."

 

"No." He said with a stern yet aegyo voice. I roll my eyes and place my hands on my hips, "Oh, for goodness sake. Hobi, let's go." I huff as I try to pull him up. 

 

He looks at me with an innocent face. "I can't get up though," Hoseok complained. 

 

"What are you? An old man from one of those life-saving buttons commercials?" I dramatically place my hand to my forehead, "Help! I've fallen, and I can't get up!" I snicker and try pulling him up again, but he refuses.

 

"Hobi..." I huff out of frustration. 

 

He opens his arms, puffing out his cheeks, "Hug me," he demands. I raise an eyebrow. He still lays there waiting for me to come into his embrace. 

 

I scoff, "Oh, come on, Hoseok. We need to go. He simply stares me down with a mischievous smile and open arms waiting for me to come into his embrace. Not moving a muscle. 

 

"Ugh," I grumble and roll my eyes again, fine. I kneel down and awkwardly hug him. He clamps his arms tightly around me and turns to the side causing me to fall over. 

 

"Jerk," I snicker, punching his arm. I get on my feet and wipe grass off me, again, with Hoseok right behind me. 

 

"Hobi, we really have to go—," Unexpectedly he pulls me back into his arms and held me, resting his forehead against mine. 

 

"But I just got you back," he spoke with a soft voice. 

 

"You don't know how crazy I was going when I couldn't get ahold of you," he whispered. "I didn't know what university you went to, or where you were. I was going nuts. I just didn't know how to find you." He brought his hand to my face and brushed my cheek, "I thought I lost you."

 

The corners of my mouth lightly curl up at his words. I could feel the emotion from them. "You are such a drama queen sometimes." 

 

Hoseoks his lips pressed into a straight line; his eyes slightly narrow getting annoyed. I gently wrap my arms around his neck bring our foreheads together, noses touching, and stare into his eyes.

 

"I'm right here," I whisper, "and you're not getting rid of me that easy." 

 

The look in his eyes softens as he flashes me a bright smile and chuckles. I smile back and lightly stand on my tippy-toes bringing my lips to his.