Chapter Seventeen

Sunshine

The word is out; BTS is on vacation, somewhere in South Korea, and A.R.M.Y. is on the lookout— we have to be a bit more careful.— The boys decided to do a quick V app video and confirm the rumors were true, that they were indeed on a small vacation. Idiots. We still had another day left, so we were taking our time to have fun on our way back to Seoul. They played games and goofed off with each other, answered questions from the fans in the comments, but refused to say where they were— no matter how many begging comments they received. 

 

Again, I stayed in the back lounging deep in the seat so no one could see me. Jimin was holding the camera, pointing it away from me. I'm nervous, of course— this is a terrible idea— Hoseok must have sensed my tension because he grabs my hand lacing them together and smiles. I return the smile and nod. I quickly grab a book and put in my headphones trying to distract myself from their goofy ways, hoping I won't burst out laughing.  

 

Easier said than done, but I made it. 

 

As soon as Jimin turned off the camera I explode with giggles, which made the guys snicker. The whole car was swarmed with laughter and giggles, as if there was a leak of laughing gas from the dentist's office somewhere. Eventually, we all calm down and continue driving.

 

Boring.

 

***

 

We're now somewhere near Daejeon, "Hyung! I'm bored," V whines, "let's go do something."

 

"And what do you suppose we do?"

 

There's a slight pause, "Arcade!" V shouts. 

 

"What? Where?" Jin shouts eagerly. When it comes to video games, he goes nuts.

 

"There!" V points towards an outdoor mall or market place, coming into view, with a big arcade on the side. 

 

The others cry in excitement. "Daebak!"

 

"Let's go!" 

 

Jin quickly turns the car, and we head towards the arcade. I was kind of uncomfortable though. "Uhm..guys?"

 

Everyone's attention turn towards me. "I-I don't know if this is a good idea," I stutter. 

 

They all look at me, down and confused. "Wae?" Jimin complains. 

 

"Aigoo. C'mon noona, it'll be fun!" The maknae plead with a bunny face.

 

My stomach turns when I'm put on the spot like this. There is so much that could go wrong. "Well, everyone knows you're out on vacation now— A.R.M.Y. are looking all over the place to get a glimpse of you. If anyone saw me rumors will form, and scandals could start and—" 

 

"It's okay, jagi," Hoseok interrupts trying to assure me, "look, the place is disserted." He did have a point, and I was dying of boredom. 

 

"I don't know, Hobi..."

 

The other members start to persuade me. "Oh, c'mon Ollie-ssi! Pleeease?"

 

"Yeah, you worry too much. You need to let loose," says RM.

 

"Hyung is right. Now, lets have fun!"

 

"Well.. alright," I reluctantly sigh. 

 

"Daebak!" They all cheered, the ones closest, giving me hugs like I saved their lives. It cracks me up how excited they get over games, especially video games. They're such children.

 

Jin parks the van, and we all walked around the area. The market wasn't very crowded and it was filled with older people, ahjumma and ahjussi, buying and trading different goods, surprisingly the arcade really was disserted. There were only maybe two or three people here, all extreme gamers, who were too focused on the screen in front of them to even notice us, and the place was huge. BTS scatter around like kids in a candy store, trying to get to every game in the whole arcade. I'm not very big on video games, but I played a few rounds of air hockey with V. Undefeated

 

"Okay, best 3 out of 5!" He demands.

 

"Again? Aw, come on, Tae-Tae." Wow, I thought Hoseok was competitive. Jungkook began to tease the singer. 

 

"Aigoo, hyung!" he laughs, "You really at this game."

 

"Yah! Shut up!" V exclaimed, "Respect your elders, punk!" He's really starting to get annoyed as the youngest member continues. "How could you lose? This game is easy." Jungkook said with a cocky smile.

 

V huffs getting frustrated, "Okay, then why don't you play? Since it's so easy," he suggests. 

 

"Andwae. I wouldn't wanna embarrass you even more," he ventured. V looked at me for some help. 

 

I smirk, "'Cmon, bunny. You're just playing against me; it should be no problem."

 

"Hm... okay. Sure," he smirked. "Best 2 out of 3."

 

I won. 

 

"Victory!" I shout. 

 

"Whatever, I went easy on you," he grumbled. 

 

"Okay, let's play another round, and don't go easy." My competitiveness is out. I won again, then it was 3 out of 5, which turned into 5 out of 8, etc. The members gathered around, loving at how the "Golden Maknae" was finally losing at something...and to a girl. How ist.

 

"Admit it, you lost!" I smiled proudly. 

 

His lips pressed into a thin straight line, while the other members kept giving him crap. He jerked up to his feet and turned around and walked away. I could see the tension in his back muscles. He was pissed. The guys continued to snicker. "Ok guys, show is over," I announce. "Now, go have fun and play some more games." 

 

I sound like a mother. I walk over to Jungkook, who was still sulking. 

 

"Hey." 

 

"Are you that mad?" I look at him with a sheepish smile, but he stayed silent. "Kookie, it's just a game." 

 

He sighs, "I know, it's just the hyungs." He nods toward BTS, who were all huddled up, intensively, watching Jin play pinball. "They don't let things go very easily."

 

I roll my eyes. "How pathetic and I must say ist."

 

"Pabos," he grumbles. 

 

I chuckle and wrap an arm over his shoulder. "Come on, Mr. Golden Maknae, lets go shut them up and beat those pabos in more games," I grin. His face finally lit up, showing off his adorable bunny smile. We gave each other a high-five and ran back to the others.