Chapter Thirteen

Sunshine

"I love you."

 

All I can do is stare. What?...

 

Hoseok whispered so softly, I'm not even sure if I heard him right. Those words I've been longing to hear, to say, for so long, but too afraid to do anything. My heart swells up, and I can feel fresh tears threaten to resurface. 

 

Did he say, I love you? 

 

We sat in the room for what feels like forever just staring at each other, speechless. My head won't stop spinning. I was so thrilled and still in disbelief on what happened. I look at him with a shy, teary smile. 

 

His expression was intense, yet his eyes were still tender and playful. I bite my bottom lip nervously, he gives me a sweet, playful smile in return and takes my hand. My eyes kept dropping to his lips, slightly parted from shock, and swollen. They look so perfect. I wanted to feel their touch again, so badly.

 

I notice his gaze traveling back down to my lips, as if also craving for that same special touch and affection as much as I did. This time I lean in first, closing the gap between us. He doesn't hesitate and smashes his warm mouth against mine in a hungry kiss. Our lips move together so perfectly. It was magic. 

 

He wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him, while his other hand cupped my cheek, deepening the kiss. Automatically, I bring my arms up hooking them around his neck and play with his hair, both of us smiling in between kisses. He had the softest of lips, softer than I could ever imagine. 

 

We lightly pull away for breath, and I look into his eyes. They were so full of love with a big smile on his face that could light up the darkest of rooms.

 

"I've wanted to do that for a long time," he said with a half laugh, still out of breath. I can't help but smile. 

 

"I'm in love with you, Ollie," he murmurs. "You can't imagine how long I've wanted to tell you that—," I press my finger to his lips stopping him. "I think I can." I chuckle. 

 

"I love you, too."

 

After saying those words, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my chest, and fresh tears began to swell up into my eyes all over again. Hoseok rests his forehead against mine, our noses touching. 

 

"You know, this is supposed to be a romantic moment, right?" he teases as he peers into my eyes. I'm such a sensitive mess right now and probably look ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. I began to laugh at myself. 

 

"Sorry, I-I just... can't believe—," I pause for a moment trying to get a hold of myself. I brought my hand to his face placing it on his cheek. "Hobi, I've been in love with you for as long as I've known you." His eyes soften, and his face lit up like the sun. As I continue, I began to speak faster and faster. "And now you're the one confessing to me. I-I'm just so happy. I can't believe it— I never thought you would have feelings like this for me, and I can't stop— ugh! These stupid tears just won't turn off, and now I'm just rambling on like an idiot—," I let out a big frustrated sigh, "I think— I think I'm gonna shut up now."

 

"Yeah, slow down motor-mouth." He chuckled at my words, and presses his lips at the top of my head and held them there for a few moments. 

 

"Will you go out with me?" He peers into my eyes. I try to answer, but nothing came out, my throat was parched, and I couldn't find my voice. I merely nod, giving him a small, shy grin.

 

He shines me that signature Hoseok smile, that I loved so much, and suddenly tackles me. Attacking me with kisses: on my lips, my cheeks, nose, jaw, neck, etc., and with tickles. More tears escape my eyes from the torture. He catches one with his lips. 

 

"Aw, don't cry Ollie. I hate to see you like this," he pled, a slight mockery in his tone. 

 

"Well, I wouldn't exactly be like this if you didn't tickle me, jerk!" I exclaim. He stops and looks at me with a sheepish face, pouting, which caused me to giggle. 

 

I huff. "Well, at least these are happy tears. Now, don't be dramatic."

 

"Says the one who almost had a mental breakdown." I laugh to myself. 

 

"Oh...well, alrighty then...," he trails off, giving me a mischievous grin and continues his torture. 

 

I groan. "Oh, come on! Haven't I suffered enough?!"

 

"Not at all," he playful smirks and continues to kiss me while I laugh, causing me to go out of breath. He finally quit, but I'm swarmed by giggles, laughing uncontrollably. 

 

Hoseok looks down at me, his expression confused, a little worried. "Hey, uh..you okay?" he chuckles awkwardly. 

 

I had to catch my breath from laughing so hard. "You, sir, are cruel." 

 

Hoseok just stares in amusement as I continue my laughing rampage. "Look, you know this is what happens when I'm tickled too much." I may be a little sleep deprived too. He snickers at my weirdness. 

 

"Hm. I wonder how the guys are gonna react when they find out," I add, speaking my thoughts out loud. 

 

"Omo!" Hoseok's eyes widen. 

 

"I know right? They're gonna go nuts," I laugh thinking about the faces they'll make.

 

"What? No— I'm talking about the time," he pokes my nose, "you should go to bed." 

 

Suddenly he sat up, giving me an odd expression. "Wha—? Wait a minute— why would they care?" he asked, dumbfounded.

 

I snicker and sat up to explain, "Hoseok, you are so dense. They've known about my feelings for years, and have been trying to help."

 

"Mwo?" His eyes, full of shock, turn serious in seconds. "Those sneaky bastards," he mutters. 

 

Now it was me who had a shocked expression on my face, "Whoa, H-Hobi, it's ok. They were—"

 

"They were doing the same thing with me," he blurts out. 

 

I gape. "What?"

 

"Yeah, they've been trying to get me to ask you out for years," he explained. "They'd tease me, put me in awkward situations and everything." I quietly laugh and shook my head in disbelief, thinking of all the things they also did to me. 

 

Sneaky dorks.

 

Hoseok leans back slightly annoyed, "Hmph. They think they're so clever, messing with both of us like that...well then—" 

 

I give him a quick peck. "Then we'll thank them later." He looks at me confused. "Because it worked," I said softly. 

 

A sweet smile slowly tugged his lips, and he poked me, making me squeal. "Okay...really though, you need sleep."

 

I grumble. "Fine." 

 

"But wait, why is it just me?" I whine. "What about you? Aren't you going to bed? You need your sleep too," I look at him with a pouty face. 

 

Hoseok laughs and spoke with an aegyo-voice, "You're so cute when you make that face." He pecks my cheek. "I'm fine. I'm used to short nights," he tries to assure me. 

 

"You know, that's really bad for you, dummy," I point out. "I know, it's all in the idol life and everything, but your family and A.R.M.Y want you to be healthy."

 

He opens his mouth to speak, but I lift my hand before he can say anything. "Plus, you're on vacation, so relax, enjoy yourself, sleep in," I continue. "Seriously, take a tip from Yoongi and be lazy for once." He lets out a laugh and stood up with a serious thinking expression on his face 

 

"So, you think I should be like Suga-hyung?" I can tell by the tone in his voice that he's up to something. 

 

"Fine." He lets out a sigh and drops dead weight on top of me. 

 

"AH— Hobi! What the hell? Get off!" I huff, completely crushed. Hoseok may have a slim dancer's build, but damn, this boy is heavy! 

 

"Mhh...but I don't wanna," he whines; his voice almost monotone. 

 

"You pabo! Your is crushing me!" I shriek. I can't stop laughing, even while my lungs are being crushed. "Why are you so weird?!" I cry. 

 

"I'm not weird, I'm just too comfy to get up," he explains while stretching, crushing me even more; I can tell he's enjoying himself. I can't take this much longer, "Fine, you win...jerkface," I breathe out. 

 

He shows a cocky smile, "Hm, that's what I thought."

 

Ugh! I hate it when he wins. 

 

Hoseok then rolls off me, and I exaggeratedly gasp for air. He rolls his eyes and gives me a playful smirk. "What have you been eating? Jeez, you are heavy for being such a string bean!" I hold my side. "I almost cracked a rib."

 

"You're just a weakling," he teased. 

 

"Shut up," I swat a pillow in his face then tackle him back into the pillows and blankets, and again we're swarmed with laughter. 

 

He enfolds me in his arms. "Now go to bed," he orders. I grumble in annoyance; suddenly fatigue washes over me and I yawn. 

 

I know when I wake up, he'll probably be gone, and I really wasn't looking forward to that. I didn't want him to leave, but I laid back into bed anyways, too tired to start another silly argument. 

 

Hoseok came into the sheets behind me; I immediately turn around and snuggle up against his chest. Circling his arms around my waist, he pulled me towards him, cradling me, and pulls the blankets over us.  

 

"Goodnight, Hoseok. Saranghaeyo.." my voice trails off as I start to drift off to sleep to the sound of his heartbeat, and the fall and rise of his chest as he took even breaths. 

 

"Sweet dreams, jagiya," he whispered in my ear. I smile, hearing this made my heart flutter. He whispers something else, but I was too tired to make it out. I felt something on my temple, his lips? 

 

It was so peaceful. I don't remember much from the rest of the night. All I remember was him.

 

Thank you Hoseok, you really are my angel. My hope.