Chapter Eleven

Sunshine

As the ride home went on, my conversation with Jin kept playing in my head over, and over again. We had to stop at a nearby hotel, poor Jin could barely keep his eyes open and everyone else was just plain exhausted. RM checks us in and came back with the room keys. "Okay, Jin-hyung and I are in room 305. J-hope and Suga-hyung 303. Jimin, Tae, and Jungkookie have 300, and Ollie you're in room 306."

 

"Aw, lucky. How come Libby-ssi gets a room to herself?" V pouts. 

 

Jin whacks him in the back of the head. 

 

"Yah!"

 

"Because she's a girl, pabo."

 

"She's still lucky," V mutters. "Doesn't have to listen to Jiminie talk in his sleep."

 

"Well at least you don't have to listen to Namjoon-ah snore," Suga comments. 

 

RM's cheeks went pink, "Yah! You're not even in the same room as me."

 

"I don't have to be. You sound like a bear," he adds. The maknae line snicker.

 

The leader shot daggers at the younger members, while handing everyone their room keys. As I take mine, I felt my chest tighten a little, not wanting to be in a room by myself.

 

We all head up to our floor, I said goodnight to BTS and went into my room for bed. It was cozy, nothing too big or fancy. A lot of times you can tell when a hotel tries too hard to get that warm, homely feel to it and looks tacky. I quickly change into my pajamas, then jump into bed wrapping myself in the blankets, but I can't sleep.

 

"Oh, come on." I groan. "Sleep already!" 

 

I frustratedly sigh, blowing a strand of hair out of my face. "If you have to deal with those hooligans tomorrow than you need sleep." 

 

I put Hoseoks jacket back on. It was so warm, and the scent of his cologne still lingered; it helped me relax. I laid back in bed tossing and turning. I don't know why, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I know they were being respectful, with me being the only female and all, but I really wish I was with the others. I hate being alone. 

 

I grew up being the only girl in the neighborhood, and I was shy and quiet, so all of the kids were my brother's friends. And because of work my dad was never home; my mom was my go-to person, my best friend. After she died, my brother soon moved out for college, so I was always alone, which caused anxiety and my depression to grow. Alone time is okay once in a while, but it was not my cup of tea. 

 

I decided to text Hoseok.

 

ME: Hi Hobi 

You asleep?

 

HOBI: Not anymore... 😑😓😐

 

ME: Oh...sorry! 🙊😨

 

HOBI: It's ok 😙

So what's up? Everything ok over there??

 

ME: Um yeah but can you come over? 

I know it's late and all, but I just hate being here alone so can you come over...please?

 

HOBI: Ohh does somebody miss me? 😜💋

 

ME: Shut up.

 

HOBI: Lol

 

ME: So will you?? Pretty please Hobi?🥺🙏🏻

 

HOBI: Fine but only cause you said please 😏

I'll be right over 😁👌🏻🕺🏻

 

ME: Thank you Hobi! ❤☺❤

 

HOBI: No probs babe, see you in a bit 😘😘😘

 

ME: Don't call me babe. That's not right lol

 

I sat on the bed hugging my knees. I knew Hoseok was coming, but I was fidgety and my heart was racing. All I wanted to do was cry. 

 

*knock* *knock* *knock* 

 

I rush to the door, throwing myself into his arms as soon as it opened. The first thing I saw was his smile. He was in a white t-shirt that hugged his chest with a pair of navy blue basketball shorts and sandals. His eyes reflected how tired he was, but even at this hour, at this late of night, he still shines with his sunshine bright smile. "Long time no see," he chuckled hugging me back. His voice was soft, full of concern, "Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, just some small anxiety issues," I spoke in a small voice, as I head back into the room; Hoseok was right behind me. "Hm, sure it's anxiety, and not you just being scared of the dark, wimp?" he teases trying make me smile. 

 

"Oh-ho-ho look who's talking, mister 'I hate snakeu'."

 

Hoseoks face reddens. "Yah! That thing was HUGE!" 

 

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I saw the videos," I lightly snicker as I thought of the Bangtan Bomb video. "You still freaked out like a little girl," I mutter.

 

"I heard that."

 

As much as he denies it, he really is a little scaredy-cat. I don't know why I felt so depressed but having him here really helps. "I see you're wearing my jacket," he smirks. 

 

I stiffen; my cheeks heat up. "S-so?" I lightly stammered raising an eyebrow. 

 

"You really must have missed me, huh?" he said with a cocky smile and winks.

 

"Tch, shut up." I push him, playfully sticking my tongue out. "You're so full of yourself. It's just chilly in here." I purse my lips out of frustration, and sat back on the bed hugging my knees again. 

 

"You need a little ball of sunshine." Hoseok smiled. 

 

He walked over and sat down next to me when I didn't give the reaction he wanted. He didn't say anything, just put an arm around my shoulders. I automatically lean into his embrace. 

 

"Do you want to talk about it?" he softly asks. 

 

"There's nothing to talk about Hoseok. I just didn't want to be alone, okay?" I replied a little too aggressively. I bitterly laugh at myself for how ridiculous I was being. He rubbed my arm in a comforting way. 

 

"Here, let me help with that." There was something suspicious in his voice. 

 

"Hm?"

 

I felt a sudden tickle at my side; a small shriek escapes my throat as I jump away from him, quickly covering my mouth. 

 

"When it comes to cheering someone up, I am the master." Hoseok said sweetly. There was something in his tone that made me uneasy. 

 

Oh, no. I know what he's thinking. 

 

He smiles deviously. "I am the hope." 

 

I start to back away. "Don't. You. Dare." I warn him, as he slowly approaches me. His eyes peering at me like a lion who had found his prey. 

 

"Hobi, no. People are sleeping!" I hiss. 

 

Hoseok continues to come closer with a smug look on his face. "Then I suggest you be quiet," he advises in a low husky voice. 

 

He sounded so y, but I wasn't going to let that distract me. I made a quick escape jumping onto the beds with some lucky dodges, and even threw pillows at him, but my luck ran out and he caught me. Tackling me on the bed and began to tickle me.

 

It's not very pleasant when I'm being tickled; I shriek, I scream, and I am violent, very violent. I don't mean to, it just happens. I squirm trying to get away, but he's too strong. 

 

"What's the matter, Ollie? The tickle monster only wants to help." Hoseok conceded, giving me an innocent, devious face. He sat on top of me trapping my arms with his legs and continues to torture me with tickles. 

 

"No! Get off! Get— get off! Oh my God. Please!" 

 

"Are you a happy little ball of sunshine yet?" He taunts. 

 

I let out a frustrated sigh, "I'm not you." I squeal in between laughs. "Now get off me!"

 

"Hm, fine then...," he shrugs. Lifting his hands, he wiggles his fingers slowly moving them towards me, preparing for his next attack. 

 

"Okay— okay, I'm a little ball of sunshine! I'm a little ball of sunshine!" I cry. 

 

He smirks down at me, "That's what I thought." 

 

Hoseok rolls off me and lays down on his side propping himself up with his elbow, holding his head in his palm. 

 

"You sir," I huff, still out of breath from my torture, "are a cruel, cruel person." 

 

"Yeah, but you still wuv meeee!" He spoke with an aegyo voice while making kissy faces. 

 

I giggle. "Yeah, yeah, and always will," I reply in a goofy voice, squishing the lower part of his face with my hand. If only I could really say those words to you. 

 

"Yah, cut it out!" He laughs swatting my hand away. Giving me a cheerful smile, he presses our foreheads together. "Things will be okay, Ollie. I promise." I nod. He pokes my side causing me to let out another squeal. 

 

We— well, mostly me— were getting pretty tired, so we curled up in the blankets; he is always so warm. I got out my laptop, and we watched movies to pass the time. It felt like we were back at home. I didn't last very long and fell asleep snuggled up against him. I wish we could stay like this forever, but time was catching up and I know that he will probably be gone when I wake up, which made my heart ache.