Fourteen

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, I am going to be brutally honest with you. Theses past days I've been writing a lot with the idea of creating a corwfunded page. But after much thought, I 've decided against it. I've realised I don't want money to be my driving force behind writing here (and I'm not saying what other authors do is wrong; what's more, I encourage you all to support them because they deserved it. I'm just saying it's just not for me).

With that said. I have like, six chapters of this story already finished and I will publish it one at a time, whenever I feel like it. But expect a lot of content soon, from this story and from Circulos (I'm going to release two special chapters).

These are really tough times and we should all look out for each other. Sending lots of love to all of you, I hope you're not having a hard time due to corona. It's something really difficult to comprehend actually (lockdown, the lack of freedom and the feeling that we're wasting years of our lives due to this situation). But things get better, they always do.

I hope this chapter makes all of you to disconnect a little from the hard times.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moonbyul POV

“So, you slept with Wendy?” Wheein asked.

“Whein-ah...” the med student said with a warning tone.

Moonbyul was sure her head was going to explod after hearing all the questions Wheein and Hyejin were making to Yongsun. She didn't even know how Yongsun could keep up with them after, she was sure, a really rough shift.

After the hard day she had had she was sure she herself couldn't take it anymore.

Yongsun blushed.

“How do you two know that if you don't work at the hospital?” she asked.

Hyejin raised her eyebrows, as if saying that there wasn'r a gossio that could scape both of them.

“This idiot didn't shut up about it at the apartment, saying that she knew for real you were gay now.” she replied, signalling to her older friend.

“Hyejin-ah!!” Moonbyul grunted.

How did those two little monsters always achieve to make her look bad? She blinked. Maybe she WAS bad, as they were only saying the truth. She shook her head. Yongsun was looking at her with a michevious glint in her eyes, so she thought it was better to change the subject as soon as possible.

“Can't you just ask her about anything elses? Whatever that doesn't involve her life.” She said.

But once she finished the sentence and saw the look her friends were giving to her she knew she had messed up pretty badly. 

“Want us to ask you  about your life?” Wheein said, wriggling her eyebrows.

“Or the lack of it for that matter?” Hyejin added.

“Byul-ah!!! Do you tell everything to every single friend you have?” Yongsun asked with fake anger.

She knew she had made this to herself, but she couldn't think straight at the moment. Sighing, she passed one of her hands over her bangs, as if that could cure the exasperation she felt. She needed to finish this NOW.

“Okay, guys. I think that's enough questions for today.”

“But unnie!!” the two younger girls began to whine.

Yongsun put one of her hands on top of one of her thighs, sensing she was tense.

“I don't really care, Byul. I was joking...” she softly said.

The med student felt overwhelmed at first at such a affectionate gesture when they were in public but she quickly recovered. 

They had all gone to a small bar Yongsun knew. It was near to her appartment and, apparently, she often went there because it served great tteokbokki. As Moonbyul was the one driving, and the two younger girls were okay with anything that served delicious food, the decision didn't take too long, and soon they were all seated in a table, waiting for their food to come.

They had also asked for beers, but not many, since it wouldn't be a good mix to combine alcohol with their current exhaustion.

It was nice to be out with friends after all the things she had gone through today. Noone was saying it but she knew it was pretty unlikely for her grandma to recover from this. She was a little mad her father insisted in doing her all kind of tests when her body had seemed to say it was enough.

She hadn't been able to talk with her grandma as she had spent most of the day asleep, but she knew she wouldn't have liked that. She was a very religious person who thought everybody had to respect and listen to one's body, never prolonging one's life at all costs.

It was hard though, and that was way she understood her father. Despite not showing much his emotions Moonbyul knew her father loved her mother a lot, and that he would do everything he could to save her, as he always did with his patients. But he wasn't the angel of the dead. He wasn't a God.

Neither was Moonbyul, who was feeling numb at the moment. She knew what was happening but she wasn't feeling anything. It was almost as she was living her life from a third person perspective. The only two things that were gorunded her were Yongsun and the sentence she was repeating herself again and again at her head 'Focus on the moment. Focus on the moment.'.

“You're too good to your own good. They have asked enough.” She said firmly. 

And that ended whatever pity party the two younger girls were throwing for not being able to ask more questions. They knew Moonbyul well and they had learned to distinguish when she was serious and when not. And right know the med student wasn't joking.

“Don't worry Yongsun-unnie, she is just grumpy. We'll chat another day.” Hyejin smiled.

Moonbyul was too tired to fight with them at the moment.

“We'll give you our numbers! That way if our friend here messes up yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter