Chapter 17: Mimi's POV

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He opened his bedroom door and my jaw dropped. Yoongi oppa had always been one of the neatest ones in the group; he was very minimalistic. However, his once nearly-empty bedroom now had a mini recording studio in it.

 

“Wow, this is amazing! You did this all by yourself?” I was in such awe

 

“No, the guys helped me too while you were on your dates. We figured it was time for us to become a bit more professional with our equipment, and I needed a better system for writing and editing our music.” He rubbed the back of his neck, like he always did when he was nervous or anticipating something.

 

I looked at him and smiled, “Are you going to show me some of your work?”

 

He showed me his gummy smile and pulled me to his desk. I continued to watch him as he excitedly got all his equipment set up. Yoongi oppa didn’t have many interests, but with the few things that he did love, he was extremely passionate. That was one of his admirable traits, because he always put in 110% in the things that he enjoyed, and that included his friendships.

 

I paid extra close attention to him while he showed me everything from how the boys were going to start recording their songs to his new editing software and he even messed around with some beats for me to see. The entire time, I couldn’t help but smile at how happy and energetic he was, “it’s spectacular to me, but I’m not sure if you would think much of it…” “This is amazing, oppa. I love it” I tried to assure him, and he just let out a soft sigh of relief.

 

“Mi-ah,” he rarely ever called me this, and my heart skipped a beat at hearing his deep voice calling my nickname, “I want to show you this song I’ve been working on…” I watched as he opened a file: “Save Me – Edit 1”

 

난 숨쉬고 싶어 이 밤이 싫어 (I want to breathe, I hate this night)

이젠 깨고 싶어 꿈속이 싫어 (I want to wake up, I hate this dream)

내 안에 갇혀서 난 죽어있어 (I’m trapped inside of myself, and I’m dead)

Don’t want to be lonely

Just want to be yours

왜 이리 깜깜한 건지 니가 없는 이 곳은 (Why is it so dark where you’re not here)

위험하잖아 망가진 내 모습 (It’s dangerous how wrecked I am)

구해줘 날 나도 날 잡을 수 없어 (Save me because I can’t get a grip on myself)

 

“Oppa…” Why did I have tears in my eyes?

 

He let out a sad smile, and my hair, “Ya, you can’t be crying at my song, that means you don’t like it”

 

“No, it’s so good, the lyrics are just sad. Why are your songs all sad?”

 

He chuckled, and then surprisingly pulled me into hug me. “I’ll show you a happy one then, because your sad face is making me annoyed.”

 

“I haven’t gotten very far into the process of making this song, so I can only sing a small verse for you to hear.”

 

“You sing too, oppa??” I asked, a bit with excitement in my tone.

 

“No, but you almost cried, so your punishment is you have to listen to my terrible singing voice” we both laughed together, since he never seemed like much of a singer to me in the first place, I was definitely anticipating now.

 

Yes you’re my only girl

너는 내게 최고 (You’re the best)

너의 하루를 알고 싶어 (I want to know about your day)

너의 한숨이 되고 싶어 (I want to become your sighs)

Yes you’re my only girl

너는 내게 최고 (You’re the best)

영화 속에서나 있을 (You’re someone who only)

것만 같던 그 사람 (exists in movies)

 

I broke out laughing at his singing voice, which really wasn’t bad, but definitely not on par with the other boys. He flicked my forehead for me teasing him, and for a short moment, he and I just locked eyes, and time felt like it froze.

 

I broke eye contact first from embarrassment, “That was really cute… the lyrics I mean. Who was the inspiration for it, oppa?”

 

“Not every songwriter has a muse, Mi-ah,” he sighed. Then he looked into my eyes and smiled,  “But it was you. You’re BTS’s girl, you know that? I’m sure the boys tell you all the time” He shyly turned away and cleared his throat, “Mimi, go change. Let’s go grab some dinner before practice.”

 

When I came out of the bathroom, I was now in some leggings and a thin, black, over-sized sweater. I looked at Yoongi oppa who was dres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter