Chapter 1: Mimi's POV

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today’s my first day of school in Seoul, and I’m having the jitters as I walk down the narrow alleyway towards my school. Back in the States, mom would drive me to school, and not to mention, I’ve never walked alone out in the streets back at home. Ever since Dad got a job in S. Korea, we had to move to a whole new country, I had to leave my friends behind, and now, I’m walking to school by myself just hoping to not get lost.

 

I’m about 45 minutes too early, so I’ve been roaming around with my schedule in hand. First class was math, and luckily it was one of the first classrooms near the entrance of the school. When I peered into the room, I saw 2 guys sitting and laughing with each other. Scared, I was about to rush away but unfortunately, they caught me before I could turn around.

 

“Are you lost?” the shorter one asked. I was a bit taken off-guard, and right away I could see he had such an innocent, angelic smile.

 

“Um, no, this is my first class but I didn’t mean to interrupt.” I said a bit quietly.

 

“Ah, it’s okay! You must be new, come in and chat with us! My name’s Kim Taehyung, and this is Park Jimin!” the other boy exclaimed with a bright, square smile on his face.

 

“I’m Lee Mimi, today’s my first day here and I’m not very familiar with Korean customs..” I explained as I walked slowly towards the seat in front of them.

 

“Oh? Are you a foreigner?” Jimin asked. His smile was so welcoming, I felt immediately at ease with him.

 

“Yeah, I’m from the US. We just moved here last week, so I’m still getting accustomed to everything here.”

 

“So are we officially your first friends here in Korea then??” Taehyung sounded so excited. Jimin nodded in agreement with Taehyung’s question, as if he was also having the same hopeful thought. Did they just say friends? Already? Did they really want to be friends with me? Clearly I was out of their league, though…

 

“You guys really want to be friends with me? You don’t know me though.”

 

“Of course we want to be your friend! What’s your schedule??? Maybe we have other classes together, and then we can all walk around school together and eat lunch together and be best buddies!” Taehyung was starting to make me smile with his childishness, and Jimin reached out to grab my schedule from my hand.

 

“Wow! We do have all our classes together! It must be fate Mimi, haha” his laugh was just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter