Chapter 10: Mimi's POV

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my door to find Taehyung’s big smile right in front of me.

 

“Mimi~ Our date starts right now! I’m going to walk you to school like a gentleman!” His grin was so pure, I felt my heart do a somersault. Before I could even say anything, he grabbed my backpack with one hand and my hand with his other. “Mi-ah, you can’t be carrying out such a heavy backpack. I will carry it for you today, okay?” I laughed and told him to hand it back, I felt like I was burdening him with it, but he denied me and insisted on carrying it.

 

“So our date is walking to school?” I asked mockingly.

 

“Part of it. Would you be okay with just a simple date or do you want to go on an extravagant one?”

 

“I would prefer a simple one, no need to do anything grand or big, Taetae.” He grinned at the nickname. I’d heard the others call him that before, but I never had the courage to call him by a nickname until now.

 

“Taetae and Mimi? Don’t you think we’d be so cute like that?” I laughed at him. I had to admit, it was pretty cute. We approached the rest of BTS, and immediately seeing our hands together, they all started running towards us and tried to break us apart. Taehyung was quick to push me behind him and yelled out “No, no, no! It’s my date day, I know you guys all held her hand on your dates, so it’s my turn! Plus, we’re actually cute together. We even discussed our couple name on the way here!”

 

They all looked at me in shock, and I was at a loss for words at Taehyung’s ridiculousness, and in a split second, Taehyung had 6 pairs of hands hitting him, “Ya! Who do you think you’re making a couple name with?! Keep talking like that and we’re really going to beat you up!”. I laughed at the crazy dynamic we all had, and in that instinct, I felt even more grateful for these 7 kids entering my life.

 

Since we were at school, Taehyung resisted holding my hand, because people were already upset about me being so close to BTS. We all knew from the start that I would be unpopular among the girls, and because of that, the boys created enough boundaries to prevent any dating rumors going around.

 

At lunch, a few girls gave Yoongi oppa, Namjoon oppa, and Jimin confession letters. The boys never tried to be mean about it, but they also didn’t want anymore confessions. They were tired of having to reject girls and being viewed as “mean, heartless, and rude.” But they already were known in the school to not date, so everyone was still shocked that they accepted me into their group so quickly.

 

“WHY DO YOU HANG OUT WITH HER THEN?!” We all turned our heads to see Yoongi oppa being yelled at by a girl. She was in tears while his face showed no emotion. He was probably the coldest one when it came to rejecting girls. His calm demeanor was normal for me, but the way he was reacting to her broken heart was shocking to me. “She’s my friend. I know her well, and I like hanging around her along with the rest of my friends.”

 

“SHE’S JUST USING YOU ALL. CAN’T YOU SEE THAT? SHE’S PROBABLY JUST TRYING TO AROUND WITH YOU GUYS, WHY DO YOU GUYS ACT LIKE YOU LIKE HER?!”

 

At this point, I felt my stomach drop, were the boys just acting? I felt Jin oppa’s hand on my shoulder, and he gave me a sincere smile while Namjoon oppa reassured me, “Ya, don’t listen to her. She’s just upset that we like you.” I nodded, but the tears in my eyes still built up.

 

“We don’t pretend to like her. You don’t know her well enough to be saying she’s using us. We were the ones that brought her into our group, we befriended her voluntarily, and we’ve all been working hard to keep her friendship. Now, if this is the way you confess your feelings to someone, don’t be surprised at rejection.” Yoongi oppa turned awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter