Chapter Twenty Two

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

“Goodmorning Eun Bi” Joon Myeon greeted me a bright smile on his face.
He was up from earlier in the morning and came out here to cook for the both of us.

I’ve been living with him for the past week and I can say it’s going pretty well. I knew from the beginning I wouldn’t mind him at all and I’m glad he’s not bothered by our different living style either.
In fact both of us have been enjoying our time pretty well. In the morning we go to work together, of course I leave with my car and he leaves with his. I insisted that people on the office don’t know as they would question more things and I’d rather keep it between the two of us.

“Goodmorning. Are you making sandwiches?” I looked over his shoulders to see him cut the tomato for the bread.

“Yep, I’ll be done in a while, go sit on the table and wait” I did as I was instructed and just looked at his backside. This week he’s been taking care of me like crazy and I can’t say I don’t love his attention, but when my eyes landed on his phone on the counter, I also couldn’t help but feel sad.

My mind went back to the day I first came here to live.

Joon Myeon had forgotten his phone in the living room and while he was looking around for the phone number of the restaurant he was going to order, it rang.
Curious as I was, I looked at the name of the caller only to find it was none other than Yeonmi.
My heart dropped that moment, I didn’t know they were keeping contact.
Bad thoughts crept on my mind and I wasn’t feeling well that day.

“Eun Bi, are you ok?” The moment Joon Myeon asked I cleared the fogy thoughts away and just focused on him.

“I’m fine, why?”

“You seem as if there’s something bothering you” He left the plate with my breakfast in front of me and kept looking my way, maybe for a reply of sort. “If there is, you should know that I can listen and even help. After all from now on we walk together.”

Together… that is such a nice word coming from his own two lips. The moment he smiled at me all my worries left.
Right now Kim Joon Myeon, is mine and only mine and if I have to show my claws to keep him with me, then I will.
After all between me and Yeonmi, I’m holding the strongest cards. One is the fate we two have and second the baby I’m carrying.

I hate to use my child like this, but if I have to, I will.

“Don’t worry at all. I was just thinking of the case we have today” We were going to the court to defend one of our clients. He is getting sued by his employee, claiming he didn’t pay his job and Joon Myeon had to prove otherwise.

“You don’t have to think about it at all. As always I only take cases I know I can win”

“You’ve never rejected someone though” Joon Myeon winked at me, which made me laugh.

“Exactly Ms. Song” oh my gosh he is so cocky. I just love the confidence he has in himself, everything about him is actually perfect.

“You’re so cheeky today” I laughed and continued with eating my breakfast, while the two of us kept on making small conversations.
It has always been weird how easily I can talk with him, but I guess that’s because we were made for one another.

Soon, I dressed up and we went to the court. Joon Myeon was up on the stand, speaking and defending our client.
Every time he’s defending someone, there’s this certain expression he gets. He’s so hot when he becomes really focused on his job. That’s why my eyes never left him out from my sight.
Of course as expected, we won the case.

“Congratulations Mr. Kim” I trying to be playful.

“Oh, of course Ms. Song. I’m awesome like this” he fixed his tie looking at me with a very strict expression.

“Indeed” we walked out the building. “How about we go and eat something? I’m feeling very hungry” as I sad that he locked arms with me, leading me to his car.

“I didn’t expect for the cravings to start this early on. Tell me what do you want to get?”

“Italian food seems really tasty these days, don’t you think?” Joon Myeon laughed starting the engine and heading to the pizza place he likes to eat the most.

“I never thought our child would love such a peculiar cuisine” I placed my hand over my stomach. If someone would have to guess whether I’m pregnant or not, they’d bet on not. Then again it’s too early for someone to tell.
In fact I wouldn’t have found out about it had it been for that cold I caught. Maybe many things would have been different. One of them being Joon Myeon and Yeonmi.
Maybe they would have gone back together and I’d been succumbed by sadness.

“Didn’t you know? It’s mother has just the same taste” He rolled his eyes, as if making fun of me.

I never thought I’d see a playful Joon Myeon again. In this life of ours, he’s mostly strict, poker faced and humorless. Even though there were times we’d talk a lot between us, he’d never show this side of him.
I can even say I missed it. Damn why couldn’t I approach him sooner? Why did I have to wait for him. When I fist saw him 3 years ago, he was still single, he hadn’t made a name for himself and then Yeonmi appeared and took him… although it was for the law firm to expand, they still appeared to be perfect for one another. And I hated every part of it.

“We’re here milady” he opened the door for me as we headed inside the pizza place. Although it was just pizza, one could say the place looked like a fancy restaurant. Of course these would be the things he liked the most.

We sat on a table near the window and we ordered two different pizzas, so we could share. Plus I felt like I needed to try more than one. It had been a long time since I last felt this excited for food.
Joon Myeon only looked at me as I bounced up and down in agony of eating.

“Are you that excited?”

“We both are honestly. Can’t you hear my stomach screaming for food?”

“Now that you mention it, I did hear some sounds but I thought the car was broken. Turns out it was you” There he goes mocking me again.
I took a napkin and rolled it, throwing it right at his head. We both laughed as he threw it back.
“You definitely have a good aim, I have to make sure to keep you pleased or else you’ll be throwing knives at me”

“I’m not that ill-tempered you know. I’ll just stick to throwing napkins” I stuck out my tongue and just kept on throwing napkins at him.

Just a fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter