Chapter 2: Before you go, stay with me some more

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

A/N: I'm so sorry the titles are so good they make you feel something dramatic will happen. It won't. I'm just so inspired for great things haha

 

Next morning…

I woke up with a message on my phone. Good morning! How do you like your coffee? I read out loud in a questioning voice. I remembered I gave my phone number to their manager, but who was that who was writing messages in English? As I was going to reply, I received another one. Hope you don’t mind, I got the number from manager-nim. Your bias <3

My hands started to tremble when replying, A latte macchiato, please. Biggest fan <3 Did I just send a heart to Donghae? Oh my…I felt like somebody gave me a big balloon, making me fly with it to unknown places.

I’ll be there in 10 minutes. Room 45, right? I jumped out of bed to get dressed as fast as I could. Then went back quickly to reply a short Yes :D. I broke a record then. Being ready in 10 minutes on the clock wasn’t really something I did in my entire life. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

I opened the door, revealing the most charming man I had ever saw. “Hi~ Did you sleep well?” he smiled, handing me my coffee and hugging me with one arm. I hugged him back awkwardly, not being used to that kind of treatment. It was so weird, it was like we known each other for a long time and we were close friends. Koreans are friendly, right? Yup, that's it. I thought while going down the stairs next to my bias.

"Yeah. I slept like a baby! I was so tired I accidentally wore my PJs on the wrong side." I chuckled while taking a sip of the delicious latte. It felt like Hae put a lot of thought in it as it had chocolate sauce, M&Ms and a bit of whipped cream. Also, my name written on the cup. Nice touch.

"Did you dream of me?" he smirked, patting my back because I choked on the coffee, obviously. Man, he’s dropping words like bombs, isn’t he?

"Why would you say that??" I laughed again after I recovered from all the coughing.

"Sorry, I'm just joking around. I hope I'm not upsetting you." He looked with puppy eyes at me. How can someone resist that?

I waved my hand in front of him, "Not at all. To be honest, I enjoy the teasing." I winked at him, which made him widen his eyes. "Also, how did you become so good at speaking English?"

He rubbed his right hand on his nape, "We all took classes and we sometimes talk with each other. The writing is harder."

"Oh that just takes more practice, don't worry about it."

The hotel was close to the place where I had to meet with their manager. "Yeah, by the way. Why did you come with me? Aren't you supposed to prepare for flying back to Korea?" it was so cold outside, I started to shiver a bit and my eyes were getting teary by the second. The worst gust of wind got the best of my eyes and nose, which were runny at that point.

"Why didn't you dress up more? Here." he took off his scarf and put it around my neck and let his arm rest on my shoulder. I didn't know if I had all those mixed feelings because I was missing the manly touch or if the man who was actually acting like my boyfriend was Lee Donghae. "We are leaving the same time you are. Actually, we're going to you to the airport."

"Get out of here! You guys are already spoiling me." I chuckled at the statement and smacked his arm playfully. “Getting more than I paid.” I smirked.

"Maybe we already have a favorite. I gotta say, you are the prettiest project manager we've ever had." he smiled at me, confidence being seen in his eyes. What happened to shy Donghae?? As far as the fans know, he barely speaks to women, let alone hit on me.

"Okay, you're not helping my case. I'm a shivering wreck right now." I awkwardly beamed.

"I'm sorry...here we are." he showed me the entrance to a small cafe, placed in a quiet neighborhood. He opened the door for me and leaded me to the table where their manager was enjoying a muffin and a tea.

"Good morning! How are you?" I smiled and shook his hand in a professional manner, changing my voice a bit as I was no longer cold, but very hot in the cafe.

"Good morning, Amelia! Donghae, what are you doing here?" he laughed as soon as he saw the confused face Donghae gave him. "It's not like I don't want you here, but I was kinda wanting to speak only with miss Amelia."

“She is a beautiful lady, so she needs somebody to drop her off.” He said nonchalantly, avoiding my gaze. If he continues like that, I might jump on him…I thought while comfortably sitting down on the chair he offered me like a gentleman.

“Thank you, really! I told you you’re already spoiling me enough.” I giggled awkwardly again and again…

“Alrighty, I’m leaving now.” He winked at me. “Hyung, I’ll be right there.” He pointed at a table near the entrance, approaching the cash desk to buy a muffin. So cute. I shook my head while smiling at his goofiness, watching him leaving.

“I’m sorry for the members, they are a bit immature.” He apologized, then taking out the contract. “Take your time to read it and let me know if any questions.”

I calmly took it in my hands and started to read it. It was a 2 weeks contract, the schedule I had to follow was already in place and the money…wow. That explained so much! Maybe that was the reason why most of the singers were still in the business. I took out my lucky pen out of my purse (yes, I have one, no judging please) and signed all the necessary fields. The manager chuckled and signaled Donghae to come back.

“You know, he really likes you.” He cocked a brow, wearing a sided smirk.

“I…I noticed.” I put a strand of hair behind my ear, blushing. “But he’s just playing around.” I shrugged it off, collecting myself.

“Well, I don’t think so. He didn’t stop talking last night about you and tried to convince me to pursue you to be the project manager for the concert.”

“What?” I widened my eyes, not believing what I heard.

“I’m baaaack~ I saw some signatures being written.” He put a hand on the backrest of my chair, glancing down at me.

“Y-yeah, we sealed the deal.” I didn’t even peek at him. How can he like me? I mean, we don’t even know each other for at least 24 hours! Let alone crush on me already. I don’t understand. Indeed there is chemistry between us, but we can’t like…be together. This is crazy.

“Well.” He checked his wristwatch, which by the way, must have cost him a fortune because it was a Fossil smartwatch. What can I say, I have an eye for details. “We still got about two hours until we have to leave for the airport, so do you wanna, uhm, hangout?”

The manager was giggling for himself, but he didn’t know to whom he was talking to. “You know, I’m not 100 percent sure I want to stay until the end of the contract.”

“What??” both of the men in front of me then, yelled at the same time, making a few heads turn around in the quiet café.

“Exactly, I won’t. And it’s all Donghae’s fault to be honest.” I crossed my arms, faking a serious face.

“What? What did I do? I’m so so sorry! What if I sing for you again? Or, or maybe hug you? I can totally leave you the scarf.” Hae was agitating, not knowing what to do more to make me stay as long as I could.

“Manager oppa.” I pouted and rested myself on the table in my hands, earning surprised expressions from both of them. “Donghae is so childish.” I whispered loud enough for him to hear too. I saw his mouth hanging in the corner of my eye. “He noticed me in other café at first, then he searched for me in the crowd at Super Show. Let me tell you, I’m not living a movie, this is the real world and I can’t let some y, romantic singer ruin the reality for me.”

At that point, he was almost teary. I swear to God, if he sheds a tear, I’m going to wrap him up in my luggage and take him home. The manager couldn’t contain himself anymore and started to laugh uncontrollably.

“Donghae, you’re too gullible.” He took all his staff and headed to the exit. “I’ll see you next month. Haha you’re good. We might keep you, depending on your results as well.” He patted my shoulder.

“Thank you, manager oppa!” I bowed to him. “You’re da best~”

“Nope, you da best!” he left with a smile plastered on his face. “Such kids.” He commented.

I sheepishly looked at Donghae. “Oh my God, sweety! You look so sad.” I hugged him, hearing him murmur a “I am.”

“You do owe me a dance and a duet.” I smirked.

“What? Why?” our faces were a few inches away. How I want to kiss those lips. I bit my lower lip, watching how his eyes were fixated on my gesture. Yes!

“You have to make up for the fact that I almost died! You know, getting me up on the stage, dancing for me like that…do you think being a fan is easy?”

“I can’t believe it.” He united our bodies in a longer hug, caressing my hair (and making my heart race again). “I promise I will dance with you and oh, I know what song we can try. But only if you want.” His voice was so close to my ear. I had goosebumps again!

We broke the hug, staying as close as before. “I can sing, by the way.”

“You can sing? Is there something you can’t do?”

“Uhm, I can’t be in a relationship with a guy I met 12 hours ago.”

“Touché.” He laughed, offering me his arm. Seems like I made a point right there.

“And what song do you have in mind?”

“Do you know ‘Senorita’ by Camilla and that guy…I forgot his name. I heard the song some time ago and I can’t get it out of my head.”

“I love that song. And I already memorized the lyrics.”

“I don’t know them too well, but that’s no problem.” He couldn’t take his eyes off me. I mean, even when I looked at him directly.

“Donghae…you’re staring at me~” I pointed out in a sing-song voice.

He reverted his gaze back on the road, embarrassed. “I’m sorry. I just can’t look away. I find you really beautiful.”

“13 hours now…” I tapped on my wrist.

“Oh come on! Give me a break!” he pouted.

“We will have about a month of break. Is that enough?”

“Yeaaah, I forgot about that. Do you think we can talk online? You know, Facetime or something.”

This guy is so into me…Maybe he has this thing falling too fast for somebody or he became too good at this type of game, I don't know. We shall see. “We can do that.” I said and got out my phone to download the app and exchange accounts.

“We have a bit more to stay, do you want to hear a bit of a song I wrote, well, last night.”

“Last night? Did you sleep at all?” I frowned, worried about his health.

“I slept a few hours, but I got jet legged and couldn’t get too much good sleep. Also, I got inspired and just had to write it down.”

“Let’s hear it then.” I smiled and sat on the bench in the secluded park I found out about when I wanted to relax before the concert, but I was so clueless back then, not knowing I found a good spot for a date? Yeah, that was a date. The only thing that was missing was us kissing, the rest? We already done the rest. The song was named ‘I think I’ and it was about, you know, usual love stuff that Suju is singing about. “The ‘our relationship, oh no, no, no, no’ part at the beginning is inspired by ahem, our relationship?” I cocked a brow, eager to hear his answer.

He chuckled and looked down at his phone from where he showed me the lyrics. “It’s just a few lyrics, but I think I’ll finish in the next week. I also got a beat for it.” He’s embarrassed, awww.

“I see. I love the beginning then…especially because it’s sang and written by my bias.” I took his phone from his hands and wrote two more sentences. “This is how I got inspired when I heard the first words.” He read them out loud, “Your entrancing dance and eyes that dominate me, I’m like a song that is written for you.” he nodded, “I think this will fit just perfectly. Have you written songs before?”

“No. But I always had this captivation for music. I like to sing, to dance and to listen to music in general. And also literature. Ohh how I love to writing.” He listened to me with such absorption, I thought he wanted to hug me and never let go. I had this good feeling about us. Who knows?

“As much as I would love to stay more with you, we have to get back to our hotel rooms and prepare for leaving to the airport.” He checked his watch and looked back up at me with sad eyes.

“Oh yeah…that…” my smile faded away at the thought.

“Here's an idea. What about you come with me to get my luggage and then we can go to your hotel room and head together to the airport. I promised I drop you off there and I just have to keep it. I’m a man of my word.” he beamed proudly.

“Sure, let’s do that.” The smile flied back to my face. He, once again, offered me his arm to hold, but I had something else in my mind. I smoothly slid my hand into his. The action made my cheeks burn and the atmosphere outside wasn't so cold anymore. He was so happy with it, he grabbed my cheek and squeezed it a bit, a weird sound being heard from his mouth. Like he grinded his teeth because he couldn’t handle the cuteness. You know, how you do when you find something or someone incredibly cute…

 

A/N: Happy second chapter! As I'm going to make you used to, here's a bonus (hello, y muscles):