Chapter 18: When Amelia loves, she does it with all her heart

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

A/N: I'm still writing this fic, don't worry. Sorry I wasn't active, but I had so many things to do and inspiration left me as well :( But I found it and here you go! I estimate it will be 2 more chapters :D 

 

Miss, you are pregnant. the words keep playing in her head on the way to Catherine’s. This is the happiest thing that could happen to me and I’m all gloomy. I’m all worried, actually…she thought, while taking the elevator to Cat’s apartment. Luckily, Hyuk was rehearsing with the others, so no interruptions.

“What are you saying, girl?” Catherine hugged her friend tightly, making her know that she is there whatsoever.

“I wasn’t feeling too good and went to the hospital. The blood tests showed that I’m pregnant and I did an ultrasound too. There was definitely something there. Here, look.” Amelia teared up again. She was overwhelmed with all that was happening.

“This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Congratulations! Please tell me you’re happy despite all the drama.”

“Are you crazy? I’m the happiest! I was aware that my biological clock was ticking and I’ve been thinking about a baby in the near future. It seems like it was earlier than expected.” She smiled, looking at the small dot on the ultrasound photo.

“Did you and Siwon...” Cat communicated the rest with her eyes and her tone of voice.

“Nope...the father is Donghae. From when we did it at the concert. It’s a bit weird because we used a . I guess it was something wrong with it. We didn’t see anything because the light was dim.”

“Yeah, the condoms are like 97% effective. The rest of 3%, I don’t know.” She chuckled.

“The rest is this.” Amelia waved the ultrasound photo in the air and chuckled too.

“And how are you going to handle this later today?” Cat took a sip of tea, which she prepared in the meantime because they were at their place. The boys were rehearsing until later that day.

“I have no idea...that’s why I came to talk to you. You’re the only one who can help me. I’m still so confused because this cute little dot appeared.”

“I think you shouldn’t be confused. The answer is right in front of you. Well, firstly, you can choose to raise the baby by yourself. Which I hope you don’t because that’s simply horrible!”

“No, no, no. My baby must have a father.” Ami shook her head.

“The biological one...” Cat rose a brow and analyzed Ami’s reaction.

“I was thinking the same. The thing is, even if I caught some feelings for Siwon, he’s not Donghae. My question is though, will Donghae forgive me and take me back?”

“Are you doubting that?”

“I don’t know...the way I lashed out…you should have seen the look in his eyes. He was beyond hurt…”

“Look, he did what he did with the showing results in your belly because the stupid ex-girlfriend didn’t give him any.” Cat rolled her eyes, thinking that it was a stupid situation.

“What do you mean?” Ami furrowed her eyebrows.

“She wanted to wait until marriage to have .”

“No way!” Amelia’s lips formed an ‘O’ in awe and she covered it with a hand.

“Yup. The poor guy saw you, being beautiful as and couldn’t handle his carnal manners. He also looked as in love with you...he missed you. A lot.”

“Oh my God! I’ve been seeing the situation wrong the whole time!”

“Yup...”

“And he broke up with her because...?”

“He did it right after the concert. I saw it with my own eyes. They parted on good terms though, but that’s not important. He still loves you, so you have to choose Donghae. That’s the reason he broke up with her. You have to take him back. He still cares for you.”

Amelia sighed, nodding her head in agreement. “I won’t tell any of them I’m pregnant yet. At least until everything’s settled.”

“I agree. All of you should talk and be honest. Well, you won’t be entirely, but nobody’s going to tell you did the wrong thing. You deserve that.”

“Thank you so much, Cat. You are the best!” they hugged and Ami left.

After Amelia talked to Catherine, she felt way better about the situation. She was still worried, but better for sure. She went to Haru and One day cafe to pick a strawberry milkshake she was craving. She thought she had cravings, but they were normal for her, not pregnancy related at all. After that, she wanted to go talk to Siwon. She decided to stay on a bench in the nearest park and think about what she should say. Her phone interrupted her train of thoughts, making her put the milkshake down and open the Kakao talk.

The photo appeared on her screen, making her smile. The caption read: “We are both aware of our mistakes. We apologies to you and to each other, and all is good now. I hope we talk soon and let us know what you decide. -Shiwon oppa.” She was tearing up because a) pregnancy hormones were all over the place due to stress and b) she was touched by the fact that they managed to get through with it and accept the fact that despite everything going wrong, they were bothers and had to forgive each other.

She locked the phone, but as she reached to put it back in her purse, it started to buzz.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hey, you. I really need to talk to you as soon as possible. Meet me at SM?” Siwon’s voice was heard through the phone.

“Y-yeah. I’ll be there in 5 minutes.”

“The usual place.”

“Yes, the usual place. Bye, Siwon.”

“Bye, Ami.”

She took the bus and was there faster than she thought. Her heart started to race when she entered the building. What did Siwon want to tell her in such rush? The curiosity was excruciating. They met in a secluded room for conferences, but it was sort of under construction, so nobody was going there unannounced. She took a sit on the few seats there and immediately after she saw Siwon entering, wearing jeans and a white shirt. He was looking so handsome. Can you blame Amelia for thinking that?

“Hey, Ami!”

“Hey, Siwon. Why did you ask to meet in such hurry?” they hugged each other, but in a friendly way. She didn’t feel any tension or anything from him.

“I wanted to make sure I talk to you before you decide or talk to Donghae.” He took her hand in his. “I know we developed something, but it was such a short time, it might seem non-existent and we can easily move on.” He looked into her eyes and smiled. “You see where I’m going with this and you feel better, don’t you?”

Amelia smiled awkwardly, “You won’t believe what I’m going through.”

“I know, that’s why I’m sort of…breaking up with you?”

“Let’s not call it a breakup. Let’s call it taking the right path?”

“Exactly. I spoke with Donghae earlier and I truly think you are meant to be together. I can’t take that from either of you. Also, his past relationship was nothing. I promise.”

“I-I know…” she sighed, taking a more relaxed position in the chair. “Catherine made me realize I was seeing the whole image wrong. And…” she hesitated a long time, making Siwon furrow his brows. “I shouldn’t say anything, but I can’t hide this from you and I trust you…but I can’t. Yet.” She got up from the chair.

“At least tell me if you’re ok…” he got up as well, putting both of his hands on her sides of the arms.

“Yes! Yes, I couldn’t be better.” She smiled reassuringly.

“Good. Then go get him, tiger! Like you would say.” He hugged her tightly, having a bit of a hard time letting her go. He liked her for a long time, but he felt like they didn’t have the same connection like she had with Donghae. It simply didn’t feel right.

“I will. Thank you so so much!” she kissed his cheek and left in a hurry.

Siwon stood there for a second, with his hand on his hip and the other on his cheek. He had some regrets doing it, but he couldn’t destroy two persons’ happiness. He had trust that he would find the one eventually.

 

Meanwhile in Donghae’s side of the story…

 

“Aish…” he puffed while locking his phone back.

“What’s wrong?” Eunhyuk and Leeteuk went beside him when they gathered to rehearse that morning.

He ran a hand through his hair. “It’s Ariana again. She wants to meet and I don’t. I thought she was different, but she is as clingy as the rest of them.”

“Maybe she was a fan from the beginning.” Leeteuk shrugged, taking a sip on water.

“Or maybe you were a bit fooled or better say, blinded.” Eunhyuk almost chocked when Donghae shot him a glare. “What? You know I’m right. She caught you in a vulnerable time and enchanted you. She was the best worst replacement of Amelia.”

“Hate to do this to you, but Hyuk is right. To be honest, we all like Amelia. Like…we all think she is the perfect woman and nobody can deny. But what you and her have, that connection, it’s rare and you must be with her no matter what. You couldn’t find somebody not even close to her and Ariana was just a cheap replacement.”

“Hyung, that’s harsh…” Eunhyuk said.

“Ok, she was innocent and all, but what she does now to you is not ok, Donghae. I thought you broke up for good.” Leeteuk went to the others.

“We are…” Hae trailed off in a whisper.

“Exactly.” Hyuk put a hand on his shoulder, reassuring him that he is on the good path.

After the rehearsal, he opened his phone again. His phone buzzed like crazy with different notification, but only one caught his look.

From My Ami <3 (he never changed her name in the phone and he also had a really cute selfie with her as contact picture) : Hey! Are you free after rehearsal? P.S. I saw the photo with you and Siwon. ;)

He smiled, erasing all the notifications and blocking Ariana’s number. He responded: Hey! I can meet with you whenever. Let me know where and when. ;)

Amelia typed fast: Meet me at the concert hall and let me know when you enter the building.

She spoke to the manager to help her setup something quickly. She brought rose petals and spread them throughout the aisle, she prepared a rose and the instrumental for ‘Lost’. No time to rehearse, but she learned the song by heart because she listened to it a lot while she was gone. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she felt like it would explode. She was so nervous, but she took a deep breath and waited a few more minutes until she received the text from him.

Hae entered the hall, confused by the petals on the floor. He looked up only to find Amelia in a black dress with flowers on it. The song started to play and Donghae moved slowly towards her. His heart was beating as fast as hers, probably matching in beats. She started to sing the song and by the time the chorus started, they both started to shed tears. They finally reached each other, Amelia handing him the rose. He took it and put it next to him. He took her free hand, intertwining their fingers.

“Donghae…” she sobbed like crazy, whipping all the tears away as fast as she could. “I've made mistakes I regret doing every single day. Leaving you was the worst and saying to you all those words…” she took a pause to gather herself. “My dad was the only family I had and now that he's gone, I see how he controlled and manipulated me. How he took me as far from you as possible under the pretext that he helped me fulfill my dreams and mom's dreams. But I was awfully wrong and I can't believe I took his words just like that, without any true explanation."

Donghae only sighed from time to time and sobbed, looking down the whole time. That made Amelia go crazy, but she continued. Only her instincts were stronger and her hand flew to his chin, lifting his head, making him look into her eyes. “I know how hard it must have been for you. How hurt you feel…I deserve all of this. All I can hope now is that you can find the strength to forgive me.” She took a step back, breaking their intertwined hands and putting her both hands on her face, covering it because she couldn’t stop the crying.

“Amelia, I love you.” He took the step as well, wrapping his arms around her and caressing her everywhere he could. It was that familiar feeling that he missed so much – to have the love of his life in his arms.

“Oh my God…” she glanced up, seeing Donghae crack a weak smile.

“I still do and even if it will be hard for a while, I’m in for the ride because…” he took both of her hands in his. “…you are worth the wait and I’m sorry I was so stubborn. It ate me alive that I couldn’t have you when I wanted you. I reacted that way because it was more comfortable for me. Which wasn’t fair for you and I hope you also find the strength to forgive me.” He took her chin up, crashing his lips on her. Even if they were wet and salty from the tears, he devoured them. Amelia let herself be molded by him and only grabbed his shirt tightly. It was official – they didn’t want to let go. Not one bit.  

“Can we dance for a little while?” she asked, staring into his gorgeous, brown eyes.

“Let me put on something then.” He got out his phone and searched a special playlist he made while he was feeling a bit better and missed her a lot. That helped him then and he thought it would help them both in the situation.

After a few songs, Amelia looked up with sleepy eyes. “If we don’t stop now, I might fall asleep on you.” They chuckled.

“Let’s go then. Let’s tell everybody that we found each other again.” He put an arm around her and took the rose with him. Later that day, he were to go to a store to preserve it and stock it for a special occasion he was planning.

When they entered the SM building and were close to the rehearsal room, they bumped in the weirdest image ever. Amelia gasped. “Siwon?” he was kissing a woman, but they couldn’t see her face properly until they parted.

“Ariana?” Donghae was shocked to see his ex-girlfriend making out with his best friend.

They both parted, Siwon looking all flustered and embarrassed, while Ariana smirking. “Hello, Donghae. I suppose this is the famous Amelia.”

“Yes, I am. But that’s not important. Siwon, can we talk to you in private?” Ariana checked her out from head to toe while they walked by her.

“Y-yes…” he looked down and followed the couple to a corner. They both had their arms crossed and judging eyes. “I know what you are thinking, but she came to look for Donghae and found me. One thing led to another and we are sort of a thing.”

“Bro, she keeps sending me messages. Look.” He showed him the notifications from her blocked number. “I blocked her number because she wouldn’t leave me alone. I almost lost the first message from Amelia…”

“Look, I like her. I mean, she seems nice and we all know she wants to wait until marriage to be intimate and I’m totally fine with that. That’s a true Christian right there.”

“What? Are you insane?” Ami shouted without even realizing. “Get your thoughts together and don’t make this big mistake. You will end up hurt and we can’t let that happen. A true Christian would kiss somebody's best friend after they broke up?”

“I’ll be careful. No need to worry about me now.” He walked passed by them, seeming truly mad.

“What’s wrong with him?” Hae asked, frowning.

“I think he’s…” Amelia sighed. “I think we hurt him…” she watched him go, taking Ariana with him. Siwon never acted that way and that meant he was going through something bigger. It was a rebelious act to forget about her. Easier to forget, huh? Sure, Shiwon oppa.

 

Bonus, also, I sort of have a small crush on Yesung too hahahaha I love this photo (Donghae, please stop with those muscles, you're killing us...or is this your point, huh? Got'cha):