Chapter 7: Don't take away their love

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

"Hmmmpf these strawberries are so good." Amelia took a bite of the one with white chocolate on it. Donghae saw and fed her another one with milk chocolate.

"Anything for my hungry lady." he smiled at her cuteness. "Do you want something else?"

"No, no, it's fine." she planted a kiss on his lips, but she was stopped before pulling away. He let out a sigh and a small moan in the back of his throat, putting his forehead on hers after finishing the kissing session. "You know, if you continue doing stuff like this..."

"What's gonna happen?" he smirked, spinning her around and earning a giggle from her.

"I'm not even sure. You might unleash another side of me." she continued to giggle, an action of which she couldn't stop, nor she knew she was doing - that was the effect he had on her.

"Which side? You make me curious now." he handed her another t-shirt, a plain white one. She took it and went to the bathroom to change, but before that, she said, "You'll see. You've seen nothing so far."

"I legitimately can't wait." he stopped the door from closing. "I want to know all of you, can't you understand that? I feel restrained because of this whole not knowing thing. And I also feel that you and me will be the best out of the best."

She already saw it coming, so she winked at him and closed the door, surprising and making Donghae wanting to howl like a wolf. The growing feelings for Amelia made our Donghae be more mature, but at the same time more with his head in the clouds. His instincts were strong, taking over his judgement because there was something about her. She was special. He felt that deeply and was completely sure he was right.

 

At the concert...

Amelia pulled on Donghae's grey shirt, crashing their lips together. The kiss was a bit more passionate than either of them intended, making the Suju boys whistle and exclaim a bit dirty. All the couple could see were hearts everywhere, ignoring everyone as they had jealous looks, happy looks, all sorts of looks. It was concert time, some ELFs were already forming a pretty big crowd (maybe 100 of them). As that was only a recording of the first live of 'Superclap', there weren't many people attending.

"Where is Amelia?" the manager asked troubled, but he seemed to be a bit annoyed by something.

"She is in the sound room with Shindong." Donghae took a bite out of the banana he was eating.

"Ok, I need to talk to her." he rushed to the room.

"What's that all about?" Leeteuk came by him, having concern written all over his face because he was familiar with the manager’s expressions in different situations. "Manager hyung looks like this when someone is in trouble."

"He was looking for Ami. Do you think something's wrong?"

"Oh, then there shouldn't be anything. Maybe he's just stressed out by all this retiring thing." Leeteuk continued his thing without showing too much worry.

 

In the sound room...

"Did you do what I asked last night?" Shindong asked trying to keep his calm.

"What did I have to do?" Amelia stopped for a moment what she was organizing and glanced at Shindong with wide eyes.

"I told Donghae to tell you to close the system." he panicked a bit, an idea popping in his head. "That's why it doesn't work whatever I do. It went in sleep mode and only manager and the actual sound guy know the password."

"Donghae didn't say anything about this! But it wasn't his fault, I should have thought about it....It needs a password, huh?" she sighed, ready to go after the manager, but she stopped right by the door as it cracked open, about to hit her in the face.

"Amelia! Why isn't the sound ready?" he paced around in the room.

"We tried the sound yesterday and I forgot to close it. Now it needs a password to work again, could you please help?" she tried not to sound whiny and panicked.

"Of course! I'm helping you." he tapped it swiftly, receiving a red error saying that it is wrong. He sighed loudly before typing it slower this time. A few moments of loading and it worked. Shindong shouted happily before getting everything done and going out the stage. Amelia and the manager stood there, none of them saying anything as she wasn't sure what to say. Sorry? Not really. She made a novice mistake and it was understandable, but on the other side, she made that mistake because she was messing around with Donghae, which wasn't exactly alright.

A big sigh from the manager and he turned around to face Amelia. "Look...I'm already too old and too tired for all of this. SM is not letting me share with you all the needed details, like this password for example, and it drives me crazy! It's clear you are prepared for the job, just a little distracted though." he stared at her acknowledging what was happening. "It's obvious you and Donghae have a thing, but you have to be extra careful because SM doesn't really accept such behavior. I'm not scolding you, this is only a warning..."

Amelia sighed, lowering her head. "I knew this would affect me somehow...I promise I'll be more careful in the future."

"Again, I'm not scolding you. I almost got fired after a big scandal inside SM a long time ago when Super Junior had their first album and I was in love with a rocky from the company. The end of the story is: the poor girl lost all of the hard work from then and got fired because of what we did."

"I'm sorry..." it was all Ami could say.

"But it was a long time ago and she managed to find her dream job...without my help. I have no idea what she's doing now. I haven't talk to her since she was engaged. She's probably fine, and I am too because I'm retiring and I get to see my kids growing up and be successful." he looked out the window with care for SJ, saying, "Go out there and help them a few more years. I wanted to quit a couple of times some years ago, trying to hire a woman to be in charge of them. Total failure. But you? I never thought they would get along with a woman. Maybe they are finally mature enough." he put an arm around her shoulders, looking like he was tearing up. "I'm going to really miss them, but I trust you will be my best choice. Now I'm stalling, the concert is about to start and I heard you want to shoot the facecam for Donghae. Go, I'll sit here a bit more time."

"Manager...are you sure you'll be alright?" she smiled at him reassuringly. "I can stay with you if you want and feel lonely."

"Call me Junghoon. And no, I don't want you to stay with an old man like me. Go have fun! The hard work had been done throughout the years, so go." he shooed her, closing the door in her face after pushing her out. She laughed at his silliness, realizing he was the perfect fit for Super Junior. Mature, but not too mature, with his feet on the ground, but playful.

After what felt like a long time after the fright she got at the beginning with the system and all, she went next to Catherine, who was trying to get a hold of how to shoot a live performance. The boys were already in position, waiting for Amelia to give the approval to proceed. She took a small camera, signaling everybody to start. Everything went smoothly, Amelia being praised by the cameramen for shooting such high quality video for the ELFs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVWZrq2Ocwc). At minute 2:30 he smirks like that because he finally saw Amelia filming him through the strong light. He rushed to her as soon as the broadcast was done and hugged her tightly, getting her up in his arms and pull her out of her conversations with different people.

"Yaah put me down! I was in the middle of something." she chuckled loudly, earning attention for everybody around.

He finally put her down in the dressing room, against a wall. "You're not allowed to speak to so many men." he crushed his lips on hers, receiving a small whimper from her. He put his hands on her hips, pulling her off the wall as it was certainly too cold. "And you're now officially in charge of fancams for me."

She smiled, feeling her heart warm and fuzzy. "There's no objection there." her lips pecked his one last time. "Let's go outside, Hae, we're drawing too much attention to us already. Gotta lay low at least until I'm 100% sure I'm in."

"You're right. Sorry...You have to know that it's difficult for me to stay away from you. It takes such effort." he smirked, seeing how Amelia was taken aback by the whole situation he created. He wants me. Keep your hormones down, Ami. Keep them down, do you copy?

"Surely it's hard, as well for me. Don't think only for yourself." she winked at him, getting out of the room to go back to work.

"Amelia! I have some...news, but can I speak with you in private?" Junghoon and the manager above him called out for her.

"Sure. Let me get my purse and I'll meet you in your office."

"Perfect." she couldn't put her finger on it. He didn't seem better after speaking in the sound room.

 

“Hello, managers! What did you want to talk about?” she sat in the chair in front of him them. Junghoon had his head lowered, while the other manager spoke.

“You know how we spoke about the fact that Junghoon is retiring and we want you to be his replacement and move to Korea and so on.” I nodded. “There is something else I want to talk to you about. A subject that I don't like and I'm sure it's going to be hard for you.” she watched as he changed his facial expression and tone, making her frown and urge him to continue speaking. “This is a great responsibility and SM is expecting perfection all the time. Now, I know you are the most qualified for this position, but a big…rock, let’s call it like that, is staying a bit in the way of my decision and also SM’s.”

“Whatever it is, I’m ready for it. Just tell me.” she watched him more intently than before. Amelia was so eager to know what it was so important she had to give up. Leaving to Korea? It was one of her dreams anyway.

“I know you and Donghae have a thing. And as soon as you become Super Junior’s manager, your fling has to come to an end. I understand that is a tough choice to make, but I’m also pressured by time, meaning you have until tomorrow evening to let me know your decision.” he got out his bag a pile of papers and handed it to Amelia. "This is the newest and completed contract for the next six months starting from the day you come in Korea. Read it, think about it. Come back with an answer for me. Hopefully you can make the right decision for your future."

She felt in that moment earth slipping underneath her feet. W-without Donghae? But…but…”I-I will give you the answer tomorrow. Thank you for informing me.” she couldn’t keep her voice from cracking up while answering. She stood up and made her way to the door. She closed it behind her, stopping in her feet and her body leaning on it. She started to cry silently because she couldn’t bear the thought of being near the man she was falling in love with and not be able to touch him or having sweet conversations with.

“Ami? Hey baby, what happened? You’re crying…” Donghae changed his clothes and was looking for her.

She couldn’t even look up at him, she just felt his arms around her and his strong cologne which made her always dizzy. She managed to mumble a sentence, “Let’s talk somewhere else.”

They went to the rehearsal room, coming only silence from inside. “It seems like everybody else is here, do you want to go somewhere else, love?”

She looked up from the ground, tears streaming down her face. Fresh ones because Donghae kept on wiping them, but her tear glands produced more and more by the time. The boys were there, sitting on the floor, apparently being over with the concert.

“It’s okay.” Amelia said quietly, making her way in the center of them.

“What happened?”

“Why are you crying?”

“Donghae, what did you do??” Poor Hae received a few smacks from the members.

“Stop guys. He didn’t do anything wrong…Actually, I think we both did something we shouldn’t have…” She looked sadly at him, earning a confused expression.

“Take a deep breath and explain what’s going on, babe, ok?” he wrapped his arms around her reassuringly, calming her down from sobbing.

“Thank you, Hae. I’m better now.” she wiped the annoying tears and sighed deeply before continuing. “I’ve just spoke with the managers.”

“Are you not going to be our manager?” Siwon asked, making everyone watching her more intently.

“Because we absolutely love to see you everyday, you know, you are the hottest manager SM ever had.” Eunhyuk wiggled his eyebrows, trying to lighten the mood.

“Slow down your horses, mate!” Siwon put an arm around his shoulder and made sounds as if to stop a horse.

“I will be…I guess….” Everybody started to make noise, not understanding what they were rumbling about. “Let me finish, please…he explained that being your manager comes with great responsibility and SM puts a lot of pressure.”

“You are the best at this, you don’t have to worry about that.” Leeteuk crossed his arms, looking concerned about the new problem in front of him. That was a true leader’s behavior.

“Yeah and we will help you as much as we can.” Eunhyuk made his point, feeling sorry for joking in a serious situation.

“That’s not it. It was actually exactly what I told him too. But…” She sighed again, trying to prevent crying to come again and ruin everything. “He said that my relationship with Donghae is off the table. Meaning that….m-meaning…”

“He told you to break up with me??” he was facing me partially, making me look straight into his puppy eyes. He was mad, confused, sad and did I mention mad again?

“I can’t believe he is pulling same thing on you too. I bet SM has a big part on this.” Leeteuk nodded to himself.

“What? What do you mean?” she asked.

“Almost same thing happened to Kyuhyun as well.” She glanced at Kyu who was sighing and nodding in approbation of Teuk’s words.“ him and Seohyun wanted to date a few years ago, but SM didn’t let them at all saying that it’s written in the contracts that a relationship between colleagues is forbidden.”

“We managed to print out the newest contracts and we read them word to word.” Kyu said then flashed a smile. “It turned out that was a false statement. We threatened to hire a lawyer, but they told us that we can date, but we should not let the fans know about our relationship as it would affect their profit.”

“So all of this for money?” Amelia frowned in disgust at the thought.

“Yup. Lucky them we broke up after a few months. The girl is coocoo.” Everybody laughed and agreed with Kyuhyun.

“This means that you can be together!” Yesung barged in the conversation, after he cursed at SM a bit.

“Do you have the contract with you?” Donghae asked while helping me get up.

“Yeah, it’s in my purse.”

“I’ll get it.” He went to the resting bench where my purse was located and took out the contract. “There you go, sweetie.” He kissed her temple. “Everything will be alright, you’ll see.”

She started to read it word to word and after 5 minutes, she finally said, “It’s really nothing about it here!”

Everybody smiled, shouted and high-fived each other. Amelia and Donghae got in a long hug, but they were with Super Junior, so everybody got into the hug.

 

Next day…

Amelia woke up in Donghae’s muscular arms. He was awake, admiring his girlfriend's features as she slept.

“Good morning, my love! How do you feel?”

“Good morning, baby! I feel…powerful. I will kick some today.”

“I’m sure you will.” He smiled and ruffled her hair. “Look, I know I said it last night too, but I want to reassure you that I’ll be here, by your side, all the time. I’ll protect you at all costs.”

She smiled and looked deeply into his eyes. “I know. And I won’t let anything come between us.”

His lips crashed on hers in a deep, sensual kiss, but she stopped it. “Wait, I didn’t brush my teeth!”

“I don’t care.” He simply said and continued to kiss every inch of her, saying through the kisses, “After today's Super Show and tomorrow's party, I won't see you a couple of weeks. I'll miss you so much.” Donghae grew his liking into falling in love with this woman. He was sure that the time spent without her will make him go crazy, but that was a small price to pay as she was moving to Korea and he had a plan to make her be his forever.

After the loving session from Donghae, Amelia finally managed to get out of bed and get dressed. She went ahead of time to the managers to get her plan in action. After a few knocks on the door, a voice from the inside shouted to come in. She did, trying to hide her smile and look serious and confident.

"Good morning, managers! I'm glad I caught both of you here. As spoke yesterday, you expect an answer from me regarding being the manager for the rest of Super Junior's being. Let me tell you, first of all, it wasn't nice of you to tell me to go ahead and date Donghae, then taking this from both of us and lie about it. In the contract, it's not speculated that I, as a manager, can't date one of the members. I'm sure that as long as it's well hidden and we are careful of the fans' well-being, there's no issue whatsoever. Plus, it's so much work to do and we will be separated most of the time anyway, so this is none of SM's concerns. Also, my name is Amelia, it's the German name for work. I was born ready to earn my keep! I'll prove to you one last time at tonight's concert that you won't regret hiring me for good." she put the contract on the table, but when they took it, they saw it wasn't signed. But before they even tried to say something, she backfired again. "I haven't signed it yet for two reasons: one, because I'll prove tonight what I'm capable of and two, I want to see how serious YOU are in terms of the contract. I want to see you won't change anything either now or never." she crossed her arms at her chest, making her seem confident.

"I told you she is the one." Junghoon turned to the other manager, who was smiling proudly.

"Yes. I see that now. I'm sorry I doubted you just because you are a woman and we have a bad history with others. I hope you can forgive me." he said, handing her back the contract.

She took it slowly, trying hard not to smile. "Thank you, that's no problem. But I'm not sure I want to keep this with me until tonight."

"Look, Junghoon here is my best friend practically. We've shared so many memories those years, I can't see a future without him. I'm the one at fault for making him tell you things he shouldn't have. It was more like a test to see if you were to choose love over work. In this case, you exceeded my expectations and decided to stand up for what it's right. Sign the contract now and I promise, no more games of sorts. You've proven all we wanted."

She looked at the contract, then at Junghoon. He saw her look of uncertainty, but when he smiled at her genuinely and nodded his head, she felt it was the right thing to do after all.

"Before I sign, I just wanted to tell you that Super Junior is the dream team. I mean, they are the ones who helped me get this issue done without even blinking. I care about them and I'm ready to fight for them."

Junghoon stood up and went to Amelia to hug her. "I never thought you would come my way." she stood there, shocked. "I never thought there would be someone out there who would be as perfect for my boys rather than you. I'm sure I did the wrong thing and made you mad and sad yesterday, but you have to understand, we need to be precocious. This is also something you have to learn as well in this position." she nodded, hugging the manager again.

"It's alright. Lesson learned. Thank you for encouraging me."

"Junghoon, how come you always get hugs from beautiful and smart ladies and I just stay here and watch."

They both started to laugh at the other manager sulking. "Come here, manager!" she welcomed him in their hug.

"We have a saying whenever we do this."

"What is that?" Amelia asked.

"1...2...3...fighting!"

"My favorite Korean phrase." she giggled.

 

The concert was indeed perfection. Amelia stood there, proud, as she overcome a few more situations by herself. The managers came back and congratulated her, giving her a hug again. They laughed at their new ritual, but too bad they had to break it as they won't see each other after Junghoon retires for good.

"Congratulations, miss SJ manager!" they formally shook hands and bowed.

"Thank you for everything." she bowed to them.

"We will see again in a few days. In a few days the boys will come back to Korea as well and we are expecting you to come with fresh forces. And your luggage and Catherine’s. She signed a contract with us too. She’ll be in charge with the editing and filming team."

“What? She didn’t mention that! Oh my God!” she shouted, excited.

“I did tell you that I will follow you everywhere to support each other.” Catherine’s voice was heard from behind. When Amelia turned, they hugged each other and chuckled together through happy tears.

 

A/N: Wow it's been awhile. I have another 19 pages of Word with ideas and the whole plot figured out! It feels so good to finally update.

Also, I'm so sorry for my subscribers because I managed to go through all the chapters so far and update their grammar. Hope you can understand and I promise the story will not let you down! Thank you.

Bonus (oh yeah):