Chapter 16: Siwon oppa to the rescue

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

A/N: Hello there, handsome! Stop looking at me like that. You bias list wrecker.

 

With hard steps, Amelia reached their favorite place – the coffee shop right around the corner. She smiled sadly, remembering all cute moments, especially at the beginning of their relationship when Donghae would act like a personal assistant and would bring almost every morning a hot latte macchiato with different flavors like caramel, vanilla and hazelnut. She slowly approached the nicely decorated with stickers and inspirational writing glass, looking inside to see people happily drinking their coffees and chatting. She looked for their usual table, the one near the corner, where they could be a bit more private. To her surprise, she saw the most familiar face to her: Donghae’s. But he was putting one of his hands over a lady’s hand, smiling at her, somebody she didn’t recognize.

A feeling of betrayal and sadness took over her whole body, making it shiver, but not because of the breezy day, but because she felt sick at that moment. Walk away. NOW. When her feet started to move a little, she felt a hand on her shoulder, making her yelp out of surprise.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” A well-known voice soothed her immediately.

“Siwon oppa...” that’s all she could say, before literally jumping in his welcoming arms. She still felt sick at her stomach, feeling like she couldn’t breathe properly anymore. Chocking on tears already. It wasn’t hard to notice that Amelia was not feeling well at all. He caressed her freshly cut hair (at her favorite salon in Seoul), inhaling the scent of the salon shampoo. He put a protective arm around her, trying to make her walk further from the scene.

“How fortunate of you to run into me.” He smiled, even though he knew she was crushed. He was trying to calm her down.

“Y-yeah...sorry to burst into tears like that.” She took a package of tissues out of her purse and wiped the tears and wiped and wiped...there were too many already. She couldn’t help it though, she was hurting much more than before. All the feelings from before, which she managed to bottle up after years of struggles, bursted.

“It’s alright. I know why. Maybe explaining what has happened lately would calm you down a bit.”

They walked down by a well-known alley by both of them. The park was not crowded at all as it was a windy day, the middle of the week and the middle of the day. Just a few old people here and there walking with no stress. Even though it was the beginning of the spring, Amelia’s soul was having all those winter feelings, but not the cozy ones, but the ones where you feel cold and out in the open. She thought going to her favorite salon, drinking her favorite coffee (which she couldn’t obviously) and seeing the guys again would make her feel welcomed again in a foreign country for her. Of course she didn’t forget any of the places or faces, but something already went for the unfair and awry side. That was the reality – Donghae forgot about their great love and moved on.

The bench they sat on was so cold, she started to tremble again. Fate didn’t look good at all. Siwon, even if he was silent, he would take her in his warm embrace. “I know it hurts....and I know I shouldn’t say this, but he was and still is as broken as you are.” Her head lifted from his shoulder. “Yes, I’m honest with you. I’m sure that he will burst into tears at the sight of your face.”

“I want to know what is going on. I mean, I was expecting it, but deep down I knew it wouldn’t happen. It’s...weird.” she tried not to cry and look down in her lap. She thought it would help with the situation.

Siwon sighed before starting. “Do you want to know from the beginning?”

“...yes.” she glanced up at him.

“You hesitated. Are you sure?” he furrowed his eyebrows.

“I have to find out. And I trust you to tell me.”

“Fine...” but, he hesitated too. “I can’t torture you like this. I’m sorry. At least let tonight’s dinner pass and then you can decide if you want to know more or not. The obvious you already know, so...”

She sighed deeply. The obvious, yes, she knew, but her heart wasn’t ready to be heartbroken again. She chose to let it go and plastered an awkward smile, asking ”So, how are things?”

“To tell you the truth? Not good at all. Since you left, we kept changing managers and manager Junghoon never got to properly enjoy time when he was supposedly retired. He keeps coming with us and so on.”

“Really?” she didn’t expect SM to continue to keep him. That was a thinker. That meant she was good at the job, right?

“Yup...how are things for you? I mean, you are successful.” Siwon smiled widely at her, feeling proud. That dimpled smile though...

“Yeah, but...I’m not happy at all. And Korea is actually my last stop.”

“What? Why?” he frowned again at the sudden honesty.

“My latest manager is a douche and he made me sing in a bar because ‚it’s good money’.” She said, disgusted. „So I’m planning to come back. But all the Donghae drama...it makes me want to turn around and simply go.”

“No, don’t! Come be our manager again, please!” Siwon panicked at the thought of loosing her again. He found a good friend in her and the best manager, after Junhgoon, of course.

“What? Are you sure they want me back?” Amelia didn’t believe that expectation though.

“Are you crazy? We’ve been missing you since you left and boy, dark times. You are the perfect fit and you know what, it’s been almost 3 years already. You should get over Donghae and find somebody else who can make you happy.”

“That’s the thing, Siwon! I can’t let myself be happy when I ruined a perfect relationship for my stupid father, who passed away in the process.” She was a mess at that instant. “He made me think that chasing a blind dream would be the best for me and I would grow to be my mother. But that didn’t happen at all. All I did was rehearse, make some music and dances, and that’s all. I didn’t accomplish much and I only looked at the money. Who was I kidding?”

“I-I’m sorry, Ami....” he hugged her tighter, taking her in both arms. He pecked her forehead, wiping her tears away and taking a good glance at her features.

“I wish I never listened to him. He turned evil after mom died. It’s so weird now that I think of it. I tried to understand him and what he had done for me, but it was all just a big mistake. I should have moved to Korea for good and live my life happily. I regret everything...that’s why I can’t be happy.”

“You know, as lame and cliché as this sounds, past is in the past for a reason. Your biggest dream must be of having a family on your own. Husband, kids and cats and dogs. You used to say that when you were with Donghae. You should follow this dream because this is your dream, isn’t it? Actually, stop calling it a dream and make it reality!”

She looked at him, sobbing. “Y-yeah, it is...you’re right.”  

In that moment, she felt something strange. Like a butterfly wanted to revive in her stomach. She realized Siwon was the next perfect guy. He knew everything to know, he was religious, he didn’t judge her and encourage her to be her best self. Not only then, but in the past too. He was a great friend to her and he had the talent to make her want to be the best version of herself.

“You know what, you’re right.” She wiped the unnecessary tears, repeating the sentence to emphasize the facts. “Can I ask you...umm...” she realized she spoke too fast and didn’t think it through.

“What is it?” he looked at her concerned.

She still hesitated but said it anyway. “Are you free tonight, after the dinner?”

“Wow.” He chuckled. “Are you asking me out?”

“Not really, but it seems like I do.” She blushed and looked away. She was confused too as she had no idea what took over her. “Well, I told you Korea is my last stop. Catherine is not here yet and I have nobody to support me this evening. The douche of a manager set me up in a bar, which is not really a bar, but close enough. I’m a bit terrified to go alone, so, would you like to accompany me?”

„You can bet on me to be there. At what time should you be up the stage?”

„About 9.” She put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“Then we go at 6 for dinner, we go at 7:30 and be there at 9.”

“Perfect.”

“It’s a date then.” He smiled. They stared into each other’s eyes, forming a new connection. A greater one than friendship. The butterfly she felt in her stomach started to bat his wings. She realized she considered Siwon to be a real man, a true gentleman. That idea made her heart flutter again.

 

At the dinner...

 

Almost everybody attended the dinner, except for Donghae. Amelia was confused if she wanted, in fact, to see him. But the little butterfly told otherwise. She wished Siwon would stay close to her at the dinner too and make all the creatures in her stomach revive once again. She missed being close to somebody in a deeper way.

"Come on, drink with us!" Kyuhyun insisted.

"Hmmm I don't feel like it." She waved her hands.

"At least a glass of wine. I know you like it. We need to toast for you." Heechul smiled at her, nodding to the waiter to bring her wine.

"Alright, alright. Only one, please. Make it red and sweet." All guys exclaimed, excited about her decision.

She took in every face at the table, remembering old happy times. She realized she was so attached to those guys and loved spending time with them. After a few minutes, tears were taken her aback. Eunhyuk, in her left, heard a small sob coming from her.

"Hey, are you crying?" He put a hand on her shoulder. She wasn’t mad at him for not telling her the truth on the phone. She knew better than that and made sure Hyuk knew that by taking him on the closest seat next to her.

"I realized I missed you guys so much! And I am so happy everyone is doing great and you are healthy and succesful."

Yesung, who was coming back from the bathroom, heard what she said and made her get up from her sit. "Aww come here." He hugged her comforting. "We missed you too a lot. You were truly like a mother to us. Sorry you have to stick with me, but this is a restaurant and we don't have enough place for a group hug."

"It's alright, I don't even know what took over me! I'm so emotional lately. Also, you smell amazing! And you've been working out. Wow." She felt his pectoral with one hand, then went to his bicep.

"I'm socially awkward and you're not helping my case." He laughed, together with everybody at the big table.

She smacked his chest. "You shouldn't be awkward with me! You are aware of my intentions to build confidence in you, you biatch."

"Wow, you've gotten aggressive." He took his sit back, sticking his tongue at her. She stuck hers back and giggled through the tears.

"You have to bear with me now. You missed me anyway." She said, having a cocky attitude.

"And more cunning...and hotter too." Heechul toasted his wine, receiving laughters too from everybody. "For Amelia, who made it through here without our help. You're awesome, girl, and we actually want you back. So, please, think about our offer, ok?" He winked at her.

“I will. I promise!" She clinked her glass to everyone.

After they sat down, Siwon couldn’t take his eyes off Ami from the seat in front of hers. She looked so damn good with her freshly cut and styled hair, her smile was becoming a rare show of emotion and when she did it, she would conquer him whole. How come he didn’t see her that way before? Well, for starters, she was with Donghae from the beginning. He took a mentally note not to proceed further with it before talking to Donghae and have his approval. He also didn’t know they hooked up at the concert. Oops...

 

At the bar...

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Don’t cha.” Amelia sang while going near Siwon’s table. She touched his arm, then with her index finger lifted his head to face her. Which, by the way, was so close to his, he could feel her minty breath. She was right, the latest manager made the girls to be more...like...close to toys. That’s how Siwon thought. Yes, Amelia was beautiful and attractive, but her personality made her look the iest, not short skirts and hot dances. And her dance skills too. For somebody who only took classes when she was young.

After the performance was done, the band hugged each other and planned a meal together.

“Are you ready to go?” Siwon came behind her, putting his hand on her lower back. The action made Ami jump a bit, but she hoped he didn’t feel it. She was so sensitive to touch too.

“Yeah. Let’s go.”

“I’m dropping you off at the hotel.”

“Cat will be back tomorrow, so only tonight there. I don’t like to sleep alone, ugh.” She made a funny face.

“You’ll be fine. Just make sure you lock the door.”

“Certainly.”

 

At the hotel...

 

“What do you mean I have no room? Argh, he must did it again!”

“Who? The manager?”

“Yeah...and my credit card is locked too.”

Siwon excused themselves and went a little further from the front desk to talk to Amelia. “Also, there’s a funny smell and I don’t like this place.”

“It’s so frustrating! I can’t believe he did this.” She sighed, feeling the need to cry again. What’s wrong with me?

“Let’s get you to a hotel I know. Come on.”

“Wait...” she stopped at the door. “I practically have no money. I can’t go to any hotels.”

“Hmm...” his brain said to pay for a room in other hotel, but his heart said he should invite her to his place. “What about you come to my place? I will sleep on the floor.”

“Oppa...”

He grabbed her, taking her body in his embrace. “You’ve been through some harsh stuff and I should be here for you. Come on.” He took her by her shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry I’m such a mess.” She said, getting out of the shower and wearing a set of pale pink PJ’s. After the performance she did, you wouldn’t expect such a change in somebody’s style.

“It’s totally understandable. Fortunately, I have something that would make you feel better.” He put up a bottle of rose wine and two glasses.

“Yesss. I need it right now.” She gulped down a few sips.

After a few glasses (full ones), Siwon was getting a bit dizzy because of the tiredness and all that happened. “Let’s go to sleep, what do you think?”

“That’s a great idea. I’m literally trying to keep my eyes open.”

He took out of a closet some sheets and a pillow, settling them on the floor.

“Nope, no way! This bed is king size, come here!” she patted the place beside her. He was being indecisive as once again, the brain and the heart didn’t have the same actions on hand. “If you don’t come here, I’ll sleep with you on the floor.”

He sat up abruptly at the hearing of her sleeping on the floor. “I’m coming.”

She chuckled at his silliness and how easy it was to convince him. They put their heads on the pillow, facing each other. They both exchanged looks and analyzed each other, no words needed. She leaned over to him, pressing her lips on his for a second. It wasn’t a peck, just a way to get closer. To see if she truly felt something for him. And the little butterfly batted his wings again.

He put his arm underneath her shoulders, partly hovering over her and started to kiss her lips with hunger. Maybe it was the wine, maybe it was the fact that she was so alluring to him, but he felt the need to feel those lips of her. Before they knew it, their hands started to explore each other, joining the dance of kissing. Tongue, hardness of breath, even sweat. Lovemaking.

“Wait, Siwon, stop.” They breathed heavily, pushing themselves up. “We can’t do this. I can’t do this to you. We might regret it...it’s not the right time yet.”

“You’re right, you’re right. I’m so sorry, I don’t know what took over me. I hope you don’t misunderstand.”

“Of course not, sweetie.” She carresed his face lovingly. “I’m afraid we would regret it later.”

“I agree.” He welcomed her in his arms, kissing her temple. “Did you know that you are so beautiful?”

 

A/N: Another chappie :D 

Bonus: 

    

Morning Siwon be like:

And some Donghae too: