Chapter 5: Is your sound of life as good as mine?

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

It was the day. That special day when Donghae was coming to town. (pun intended because of how he sang Donghae is coming to town in Super Show 8 in Manila <3 https://www.instagram.com/p/B6FzmNNhdiU/) I was so excited I prepared all the outfits for two weeks and even bought myself a special outfit for the concert. Why? Because all my clothes were too casual and not more office for the job I had. While preparing, Donghae made sure he sent me a photo of him and Eunhyuk in the plane:

Photo message: "In the plane, see you in less than 8 hours. Gonna take a nap and maybe I see you in my dreams. *insert kissy emoticon*"

I couldn't contain my feelings anymore and sent back:

Photo message: "Everytime I try to send a photo to you, my lips do this thing. Gonna put them to work then when I see you ;) I promised after all."

Photo message: "Everytime I try to send a photo to you, my lips do this thing. Gonna put them to work then when I see you ;) I promised after all."

"Eunhyuk...look at this." Donghae showed the photo Amelia sent him when he opened the wi-fi of the plane.

"Omo!" he snatched the phone and went to the other members. "Look, Donghae has a real girlfriend!!"

"Yaah stop mocking me! You are just jealous of me." he crossed his arms, then puffed and went to get the phone from Eunhyuk.

"Of course we are, you idiot. Do you see how beautiful she is?" Heechul managed to take the phone and started to read through their messages. He started to laugh and continue to tease Hae. "Oh my sweet Amelia, I send you those Amelia roses ahahaha"

"This is why you are old and single...plus, she is your manager now. Please have some respect for her." he pouted.

"And your future wife, ain't it, Donghae-yah?" Heechul nudged his elbow in his ribs, earning a slap on the arm and awkward chuckle.

"Let Donghae alone." Leeteuk came in and saved the situation by taking the phone from Heechul, blocking it and giving it to Donghae. "I'm really proud of you, she really is something." Teuk took a sit next to him as Eunhyuk was still in the mocking team.

Without realizing it, Hae started to tear up a bit. "I have a strong feeling about her. She seems to be the type of women I can bring to my parents...to my dad..."

Leeteuk put a hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to worry, I'm here to protect you, as promised." he smiled at him, giving him a bro hug.

"Thank you, hyung. I love you!"

"I love you too, Donghae-yah! Now I go back to my seat and I can't wait to know Amelia better. I hope I finally have somebody who can handle SJ with more of a motherly care."

"I'm sure of it, hyung." they smiled at each other and Donghae stood in his place, trying to make time pass by faster.

Meanwhile in Amelia's home...

She was playing loudly in her earphones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkZuGHxWMXM (also this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T62maKYX9tU ). It was the kind of song which made her dance like a crazy person (let's keep crazy as the right adjective haha). She put on makeup, sprayed some of her good perfume (doesn't everybody have a perfume they use for special occasions?) and did the final checkups for her meeting with Super Junior and their current manager. As the weather was still sunny, she could wear a dress and ankle boots with a jacket.

You did everything but the thing you wanted to do. Why are you backing up? Still playing hard to get? Shut up asdfghjkl I'm doing this for our own good. So I'm teasing myself for my own good. That's nice. Come on...just do it. Fine.

Amelia took her purse and headed out to the airport, having one stop. She loved to drive, so she took her Toyota (I wanted to say she had a Prius, but I know most people don't like this car for some reason. I don't know why, but I have it and I'm loving it!) out of the parking lot, driving to the nearest florist. She bought a red rose, wanting to surprise Donghae with it. See? It's not that hard. I know, I know...If I accept the fact that I'm falling for him, would leave me alone? YES!!! Say yes to love. Finally.

"Finally." Amelia sighed and played loudly in her car 'Senorita'. That particular song became her main interest when playing music in her car and at work in her headphones. She couldn't wait to play it with her new boyfriend *insert smirking face emoji*. This, ladies and gentleman, is how a person in love behaves. She pulled the car in the farther parking spot, waiting for Donghae's call. She didn't wait too much, after two songs, her phone rang, waking her from her daydreaming.

"Yes?" she eagerly responded to the call.

"Ami, are you at the spot we talked about?" Donghae's voice was heard in the speaker.

"Yup. You find me here. I'll be out of the car."

"Ok. Be careful, please. Fans are crazy sometimes."

"I'm one of them, trust me, I know." Amelia chuckled as soon as she heard his chuckle at the other end of the phone and the call ended.

She nervously got out of the car, holding the rose close to her chest. Was she really doing that? Oh yes. She had a moment of confidence and it showed. She caught a glimpse of a handsome man, followed closely by three other men. It was hard to recognize them as they were covered up and changed their clothes so that the fans don't see them, but not too obvious either.

"That's smart." she whispered to herself. It was actually a funny view as Amelia was moving around, not knowing how to proceed. She became so nervous to the point she simply stood propped up on the car, holding the rose upside down, like she was about to give it to a friend.

The men approached her, with their heads low. She was able to recognize Donghae by his stature and the fact that he was holding a rose as well. He reverted his gaze up, opening up his arms for a hug. As soon as Amelia saw it, she ran in his arms and heard a whisper, "We need to get in the car fast."

"Yes, certainly." she went to the driver's seat, followed by everybody. "You guys are so undercover." she said as soon as she hit the button to start the engine. She received the rose and she awkwardly handed him the rose she bought. "This...uhm...man, this is awkward."

"It's the sweetest thing. Thank you." he smiled, putting his hand on her leg. Damn...good day to wear a dress.

"Yeah, yeah, really cute. Let's go, please." Heechul was heard from the back.

She pulled the car out of the parking area and drove on the main highway. "I guess you are safe now."

"It's never too safe." Eunhyuk said, looking a bit terrified. They didn't even get off their sunglasses and hoods.

"You must have some bad experiences if you do all this." Amelia stated.

"Yes and you should wear a cap too." he said, as terrified as before.

"Donghae, I have one in that compartment. Could you give it to me, please?" she kept her gaze on the road as it was a busy day on the road.

He waited until they reached a red light and put the cap on her head, keeping his hand a bit more on her cheek, lovingly. "There you go, sweet cheeks."

"Sweet cheeks?" she giggled.

"He learned more sweet words these days. Hello, there, I'm Siwon. Nice to meet you!" he extended his hand from the back seat, Amelia taking it lightly because of the uncomfortable position.

"Hello! Nice to meet you too. We hadn't had the chance to speak too much at the after party. I'm not sure I saw you there."

"I wasn't there because the next day I had shooting for a magazine and had to get some sleep."

"He needed to keep his face pretty for his Christian fans. Hello, I'm Kim Heechul and I like to mock people." he gave me a wide smile. Creepy, I guess...?

"I know that, Heechul. My name is Amelia and I take other people's side when mocked."

"Wha? Wait, what just happened?" he was shocked.

"I think you just found your tamer?" Siwon laughed hard, satisfied by my answer.

"I think I just fell harder in love with you. Especially...who taught you to drive? You drive better than me." Donghae smiled proudly.

"Oh, my dad taught me. He is a professional and it seems like it got to me too. I love driving."

"Play that louder!" Eunhyuk said, tapping Donghae's shoulder. The radio was playing 'What goes around, comes around' in the background, at a low volume.

"I see everybody is a fan of Justin Timberlake." Amelia stated, humming to the song, together with them. "We are almost at the restaurant, by the way."

"Niiice! Heechul's stomach cries for some food." Heechul said and hit his tummy a few times.

"I'm sure you need a lot of energy to mock people." she smirked.

"Donghae-yah. Is your girlfriend starting a war with me?" he crossed his arms.

Hae turned to Heechul, slightly punching his leg and pointing a finger at him. "If you say a word to her, I swear I'm gonna do more than just smack your leg."

He smirked. "That's the Donghae I like. Amelia, please stay around as much as possible. He becomes a beast whenever somebody says something they shouldn't say about you or around you."

By the time they arrived all at the restaurant, it was close to dinner time as they had to check in the hotel rooms after eating. They discussed everything the language barrier let them. All the members tried to communicate with Amelia, her trying to speak Korean as well, in order to build good relationships. After all, they were stuck for two weeks and who knew how many more were to come. The manager observed their behaviors and took the decision for himself to see how Amelia would handle things in the next days as she seemed quite the perfect person to replace him after his retirement.

"Alright, it's already 10 pm and you have to get to the hotel and me home, so let's go." Amelia stood up after drinking the last sip of coke. She heard all kinds of backtalks, but everybody obeyed.

"Hey, Amelia!" Leeteuk called after her, as she was near the exit.

"Hey, Leeteuk!" she smiled. "What's up?"

"Nothing much." he put his hands in his pockets. "I just wanted to tell you that I think you and I are going to make a great team. I'm sure we can both handle Super Junior good and that's why I'm glad we got the chance to meet you."

"Oh, that's so sweet. Thank you so much." she went in for a hug and received the same from him.

"I'm sure nothing's wrong, but I'm kinda jealous." Donghae took her laughing self by the shoulders, to her car. "Don't get me wrong, I love seeing you hit it off with everyone, but this baby," and he pointed to himself with his thumbs, "...needs attention."

She shouted 'good night' to everyone and waved her hand. "Ok, now it's all about that guy." she pointed her finger in his chest, starting to press it slightly. "Uhhh that chest tho." she pouted.

"And why are you pouting?" he said while getting in the driver's seat.

"Because I won't see you until tomorrow..." she shook her head. "Ignore me, I'm tired talking. If that's even a thing."

"That's alright, I'll miss you too. But I'm still lacking attention."

"We've held hands under the table..."

"That's not enouuuugh..." he rolled his eyes.

"And what would be enough?" she asked in an almost whisper, getting close to the area between his ear and cheek.

"Good thing the light is red." he turned his head to her, their noses touching, him whispering. "It's dangerous to get this close while I'm driving."

"You asked for it, mister." she put herself back in the seat. "It's green now."

His only reaction was to just smirk it off and drive. The tension he was building was too much for the time they knew each other. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable enough to go further as he was willing to make her feel the most loved and appreciated woman, not pushing too much too soon. Even if that mentality ditched him, having three unsuccessful relationships, with her it was different. She was charming, like a fairy, with soft skin and well-chosen words, with long, seductive hair and big eyes. He was mesmerized by her appeal and her way of being.

He pulled the car in front of the hotel, saying "This is weird as I should be the one driving you home."

"There's no way you could do it differently. Plus, you said I was a better driver than you." she poked him with her elbow.

"You're right..." his gaze went back on the road, even if he parked the car.

There was an uncomfortable silence before Amelia spoke. "You know, you're supposed to get out of the car and go to your room and me go home." she giggled at his cute confused face and opened the door of the car to get out.

He got out of the car too and went by her side. "I know...I guess I didn't want to get out just yet."

"I know..." she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. "Me neither."

"I can't wait to be...more." he pulled away slowly, frowning.

"I know what you mean. But we can't just dive in something we don't know will work." Here we go again. Ugh, you're back. Because what you said is not good! You said you were going to embrace it. I...don't know.

"I see it the same way, the only problem is I can't retain myself too much. You are..." he put a strand of hair behind her ear. "...so lovable."

"Awww, Hae...Okay, you deserve this." she went in for a quick peck on his lips. "Good night, sweetie! See you tomorrow."

"Y-yeah, see you tomorrow. At 8:30, here. Be careful on the road and text me as soon as you get home." his cheeks became a bit rosy.

"Yes. Bye, bye~" she went in the car, taking off.

Donghae was standing by the entrance, with his hands in his pockets, grinning like a fool. "See you, lovely...Dang it, those feelings." he slightly kicked the ground with one foot and turn around to go into the hotel.

Next morning...

"Good morning, Ami~ I'm at the spot." he said over the phone.

"Good morning, Hae~ I'm coming right now. Getting my boots on and I'll be there in 5 minutes tops."

They met in a secluded street, where he could get into her car. "Hey, you." she smiled, driving away.

"Hey, you. Did you sleep well? Any dreams of a certain person?" he raised a brow.

"Maybe." she smirked.

"Can't wait to see your office." he became excited and the radio a bit louder, jamming to the songs.

"Why? It's just an office." she giggled at his silliness.

"I told you a few days ago through a message that I have a surprise for you and that you should be patient."

"Yeah, I remember."

"Well, I'll tell you later what it is. It has something to do with your office." he admired her features while she was driving. He felt his heart beat faster the more he observed that she was perfectly suitable as his ideal type, as his fantasy even. Her hair was long and silky, wavy as she was styling it that way, her skin was fair, her lips were plumbed, but not too much, unmistakably natural. Amelia was picturing his dream woman, especially with her big brown eyes which mesmerized him whenever she looked at him.

He is staring at ya. I know...he's so cute, I can't even! If you tell him something about it, I'm going to scream. How are you even scre-...you know what. Nevermind. I'm not telling him anything, don't worry. Good.

"By the way, is it alright if Eunhyuk comes along in about an hour?"

"Sure. I'll tell Catherine to make him her guest as we are only allowed one."

"Fair enough." he shrugged.

"We're here." she pointed at the 2-floor building. "Don't get fooled, it's way bigger inside."

"I'm sure of it." they went to the reception to check in and to Amelia's desk to organize her stuff. "Nice office."

"Nice new presence." a feminine voice was heard behind them.

"Catherine! I'm so happy to finally meet you in person!" Donghae shook her hand and gave her a kind smile.

"Nice to meet you too! And welcome to our humble office and country." she gave him the same kind smile. "When will your friend come visit?"

"Catherine!" Amelia shouted and gave her a troubled face.

"It's alright, Ami. He's coming a bit later."

"Look at that." she smirked. "Gotta check him in, huh?"

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Yes, because I checked Donghae in. Stop the references..."

"What am I doing wrong?" she asked, shrugging.

"Hey..." Donghae put a hand on Ami's arm. "It's fine, Eunhyuk's like that too."

"What? Really? I thought he was more...calm when I met him." she frowned.

"Naah, he was too tired. You'll see how they'll hit it off."

She sighed. "Okay..." she took her laptop. "Come on, let's go to a more secluded place because..." she got closer to him. "...there are hyenas around here."

"Hello, Amelia! Who is your friend?"

"Speaking of hyenas." Catherine said in a low whisper to Amelia.

"Hello, miss Thompson. This is my Korean friend, I spoke to you about him last Friday."

"Oh yeaaah. You never told me he was this attractive." miss Thompson, Ami's boss, was hitting on Donghae.

"How did you miss that?" Catherine said sarcastically and took both of her friends by their arms. "We have to go now, miss T, we need to finish that big and important report."

"Sure. Don't forget to come by more often, don't work too much, girls! Take more breaks." she winked and left to her desk.

"Man, she's a pain the-..." Amelia fixated Catherine with her look. "...back door."

"Still not good. Drink some water, young lady!"

"Yes, ma'am!" she saluted like she was in the army.

"What is that all about?" Donghae chuckled.

"She has to drink water whenever she wants to say curses and bad words. It's a silly game of ours, but I'm sure that helps her."

"Can you be more perfect?"

"You stop that...you know what, you should drink a cup of water too."

"I didn't curse!" he bawled indignantly, only because he never swears.

"There you go." Catherine handed Donghae the glass of water. "If you want to live, do as she says." she looked at him with panicked eyes. Amelia simply grinned. I know how to make myself clear I see. Amelia thought.

The girls were working hard so that they can finish their tasks way earlier. "I'm kinda bored." Hae stated, but as soon as he saw Ami's scary look, he recovered. "But that's not a problem."

She took his hand and put it on her leg. "We are working as fast as we can so that we can spend time with you guys. Please be a bit more patient, ok?"

He caressed the spot on her thigh. "I know, sorry for that." he felt so bad, he took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"Awww shoot. This makes me want to have an actual relationship." Catherine declared.

"Yeah, sure." Ami rolled her eyes once again.

"Hmmm...yeah, you're right. I'm too independent still." she nodded her head.

Donghae's phone started to buzz, Eunhyuk's face appeared on the screen and Catherine's eyes started to sparkle. "Hey, Hyuk. Where are you?...Right in the front?...Alright, I'm telling Catherine to pick you up." he responded in Korean.

"On my way." she put her laptop down and went to the front.

"She's gonna show him around, don't worry."

"I know." Donghae took off her laptop glasses, tossing them on the table. He took the laptop from her hands and put it carefully next to the glasses. "Then you have a bit of time to relax. Come here." he placed her comfortably on the couch, her head in his lap. He slowly began to rub her temples, earning a moan of relief from his crush.

"This feels so good. If you continue like that, I might fall asleep."

"Don't fall asleep. I might wake you up with a kiss."

"That's another strong reason I wish to sleep right now." she giggled.

"Oooo~ Look at them love birds! Donghae, you were right, it's full of pretty girls for me here." Eunhyuk barged in the small office, together with Catherine, who gave the most terrifying look when she heard his words.

"Too bad they are all engaged, married and have kids." Amelia laughed, getting up from the laying position.

"You will be surprised." he winked.

"Eunhyuk..." Donghae sighed. "I told you to control your hormones."

"I need something to help me control them, you know..." he pointed to his pants and to Catherine, subtly.

"Ewww okay. Conversation over." Ami interrupted him.

"Maybe this is a good time to tell you the surprise. I got the confirmation a few seconds ago."

"Huh? What confirmation?" she asked, confused.

"'Super clap' is ready and we want to shoot the music video in your office!" he exclaimed, exited.

"Really?! I can't believe you're doing this." she hugged him, being spun around in his strong arms.

"Do you like my surprise? We're going to shoot it tomorrow, after working hours." he still kept his arms around her waist.

"I think it's awesome! Can I be part of the decoration process?"

"Well...you are project manager. You can handle whatever you want to handle."

"Grrrreat!" she emphasized the word to show her excitement.

"I can help with the filming." Catherine showed lack of interest, but deep down, she was as excited.

"I need to speak with the actual manager and we will see what needs to be done. Gotta take notes too."

"Alrighty, go back to work." Donghae took her pair of glasses and put them on his eyes. "I'm keeping these, by the way. I plan to use them in the MV."

"Help yourself out, sweetie." she smiled to herself at his cuteness.

 

 

A/N: Thank you so much for loving my story! The plot is all figured out, but it's harder with the details.

Also, you know the glasses Donghae is using in the MV, right? I just got inspired by that.

 

I wanted to keep this to myself, but I couldn't...I prepared a rated M chapter for ya all. :D And it's soooo good. I just love it haha I promise it won't be too....hardcore? I don't even know, I'm not used to write this kind of chapter

 

P.S.: Autosave is such a savior!!!

Bonus: