Chapter 15: Magical? More like familiar...

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

A/N: I’m really enjoying this lyrics type of writing. It was inspiring for this chapter as well. I promise I won’t use it for the next chapters tho :)

 

I wanna love you, I wanna have you

Yeah listen!

Baby to me, baby looking at my eyes

I caught my breath the second I looked at you

Why do you leave me

and go so far away (slowly further away)

 

Amelia’s side, after two years and a half...

“Well, well, well. Have you seen who’s going to this concert too? I bet your smile is glowing thanks to that.” Rina smirked, seeing how Amelia stared at her lock screen with an in-love face.

“I can’t believe I’m going to see him after all this time. I’m so nervous about it.” She looked up for just a second, then looked back at the phone screen, showing a picture with her and Donghae, beaming at each other with only love in their eyes. She missed being like that with him. The feelings she got when their fingers intertwined, the way he made her forget all about her shyness and oh, his warm hugs. Those strong arms wrapping around her body, making her feel nothing but secure. Ami started to giggle and blush because of all the mixed feelings she got.

“Can’t wait for you to introduce us. Hope we can though, I heard the place is enormous and every band has a different part of the backstage.”

“I will go to them no matter what. I miss those guys so much. I’ll contact one of them to make sure we can meet up at least in between stages.”

“Yes!” Rina exclaimed to herself as she was truly excited to meet them. She became their fan in the process and her bias was Kyuhyun, but she didn’t tell Ami about it as she had her own issues.

The next few days were torture for Ami. She didn’t know what to expect or what to do. She was completely lost and the only solution was to just go with the flow. She practiced a lot for the group’s stage. The concert was a huge friendly-racial funding type of concert. There were bands from all over the world, gathered together to help raise money for a noble cause. The girls were sort of the lead band for the concert as they were all from different countries and they were going to sing in Korean, but they were performing almost the last ones.

“Have you talked to them?” Olivia asked, finishing her makeup and getting into the stage clothes.

“Yeah, but I don’t think there’s any possibility to meet them now.” She pouted, fixing one of her earrings. “I don’t even know where their part is as the map doesn’t help at all. I didn’t know this huge place even existed. Who designed it might have been a genius.”

“That’s too bad. Really...maybe you’re lucky enough to run into them.” Ayra sighed, drinking a bit of water.

“Yeah...” Amelia sighed too, feeling nervous going up a stage that big and being seen by so many fans and known bands.

They had to wait for their turn. There were almost twenty groups and the girls were scheduled before guess who. Yup, Super Junior. They were performing near the end, making it seem like they were planned to never meet that night. Amelia felt screwed on that part.

“You’ll make it work somehow. You’ll see.” Ayra hugged her and tried to encourage her leader.

“Hope so.” She smiled, arranging her leather jacket.

https://preen.inquirer.net/files/2018/04/liza-soberano_zedd-e1523775515284.jpg

 

Donghae’s side, at the concert...
 

“Are you ready for what’s coming? I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier, it was bad timing.” Yesung frowned, making Hae confused.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“You didn’t see who’s performing? Nevermind, you’ll be surprised anyway.”

“Kill this love” by Blackpink (for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guWLLLDqMxk they rock <3 ) started to play and Donghae looked up from his conversation with Yesung. He wanted to go back to the conversation to ask more questions, but a known silhouette caught his attention instead.

He saw Amelia with her dark hair straighten, no bangs anymore. All he had in mind was this clip he watched on Siwon’s phone (yeah, sure, just on Siwon’s phone...): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_R3gEtDbw . Her long legs were highlighted by the boots and black jeans she wore. The jacket was the perfect length, mostly showing her body because of the moves she made. The black bodysuit had a big, blue circle on it, showing her support for the project. When she started to sing, the whole stage exploded with fireworks. That was how Donghae was feeling too. Amelia could have walked on him for all he cared, just like she did on the stage. His feelings came back rushing, making his world spin.

“Surprised indeed, huh?” Yesung smirked, patting him on the back.

“Wow!” He was all he could think of saying. The music was loud, so it was a possibility that nobody heard the exclamation.

“Too bad we have to go. Come on.” Yeye got up, taking Donghae with him as he was hypnotized.

“Hyung, I have to see her!” he looked disparate. All those feelings coming back so quickly made him dizzy and at that point, he couldn’t even think straight. What were the songs SJ was supposed to sing? Donghae, what are you doing?

They went to their part of the backstage, but he stood by somebody else’s door. After a minute, which seemed like forever then, Amelia showed up with her gals. It appeared like a light was behind her, making him gulp. She’s even hotter if that’s possible. She noticed him when she was a few feet away, stopping right in the spot. Their faces were sort off poker-faces because they both didn’t know how to react and how the other one would react.

“Hug her, idiot.” Eunhyuk whispered from behind him, urging him to do so. He didn’t wait a second more and got his hands out of his pockets, having a casual posture before. Like casual was the right word to describe the whole situation. She hurried to his longing arms, crushing in them.

“Awww look how cute they are!” Olivia exclaimed, watching their leader hug her love. Also, checking out from the back the now running to the stage men of Super Junior.

“Go, we’ll meet after.” Both of them had teary eyes. Of happiness, of course. Amelia pushed Donghae to follow his mates, but he almost refused.

My person

no matter what other people say

You are my girl

I want to tell it loudly

As long as I can see you

I’ll be okay Now I’ll be protecting you.

Baby you know because

 

I wanna love you, I can’t live without you

Close your eyes and only hold onto my hands

I wanna have you, I really need you

Like this we don’t need to care about anything else

I wanna love you, I can’t live without you

 

He took her hand and kissed the back of it, saying “Wait for me in Super Junior’s dressing room.”

She nodded and sent him a genuine and hopeful smile. He winked at her before jogging after SJ. She stood there, a hand on her chest, trying to calm down a bit. She fell in love all over again. Hell, she didn’t even remember how it felt to be just a fan. She could only remember how it was to be his girlfriend. Her band gave her a short hug, before escorting her to the dressing room. She placed herself on a large and soft couch, listening to the English and Spanish song they were playing. Her group decided to go almost full Korean with ‘Kill this love’ and they loved every bit of it. Especially because everybody went nuts hearing it.

In not more than seven minutes (yup, she counted them), the door opened slowly, revealing a flushed Donghae with his phone singing ‘Senorita’ and a flower made from a napkin. He was still as romantic as she recalled. He closed the door behind him, turning the lock in it. She got up and went to him, taking the napkin flower and smile like crazy.

Neither of them said anything. The light was dim and that room was like a completely different world from what they were hearing outside. It was loud outside, loud fans and loud music. Inside, they could even hear their uneven breaths. They stared in each other’s eyes, communicating that way only. It was not much before their clothes ended up on the floor, their hands blindly touching each other’s bodies and lips touching every bit of skin.

All that sadness and loneliness were washed away by touching and strong feelings. She felt like she belonged in his arms, showered up by kisses, small love bites and body warmth. Every detail of the love making was perfect.

At last, they both lied on the couch together, their sweaty, bodies intertwined on the too small of place for two people to lie down. Donghae was a bit more aggressive, but not in a bad way. His moves were a little too harsh than before, but it was understandable, Amelia thought. They didn’t see each other in forever and she was probably as bold in her moves without realizing it.

 

Locked in the hotel

There's just some things that never change

You say we're just friends

But friends don't know the way you taste, la la la

'Cause you know it's been a long time coming

Don't you let me fall, oh

Ooh, when your lips undress me

Hooked on your tongue

Ooh love, your kiss is deadly

Don't stop

 

She looked up from his chest, staring at his features. He was as beautiful of a man as she remembered. They smiled at each other, Donghae caressing her cheek lovingly. He glanced at the watch on his left wrist, saying “We have a few more minutes left to get dressed and go out for the final stage.”

“Bummer.” She sighed, getting up and got dressed. “You should get out first and tell me if it’s clear for me to get out too.”

“Sure.” He didn’t even give her a kiss or hug after the meaningful twenty minutes they spent together after all that time. He signaled her it was safe from the door and just left. What just happened...

Amelia didn’t have enough time to see the other boys and went to the car right after the concert ended, disappointed. She looked outside the window, trying to hold the tears. How come he left just like that? Why would he do that? It’s weird...The girls didn’t say anything and left her with her thoughts, thinking that was the best call.

She went to her room to get her luggage and head to the airport. They were leaving for the last stop: Seoul, South Korea. The four of them looked forward to it as they prepared a lot. Also, starting to enjoy speaking Korean. They prepared a few more performances and their contracts were done.

 

I love it when you call me señorita
I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya
But every touch is ooh la la la
It's true, la la la
Ooh, I should be running
Ooh, you know I love it when you call me señorita
I wish it wasn't so damn hard to leave ya
But every touch is ooh la la la
It's true, la la la
Ooh, I should be running
Ooh, you keep me coming for ya

 

On the way to the airport, Amelia took out her phone, plucked up courage and dialed Donghae’s phone number. It said the phone didn’t exist anymore. She took a deep breath, connecting to the internet and typing his name on Facetime. No trace of his user. Did he erase every bit of...us? She looked outside the window again, trying not to think the worst. He wasn’t like that. And he made their meeting so special. Okay, Eunhyuk should be able to help.

“Hey, Hyuk! How are you?” she smiled, even if she was talking on the phone. She missed him too.

“Hey, Ami! I’m fine, we’ve just arrived in Seoul.” She heard noise in the background and shuffling.

“I have a question, but you have to promise me you will respond truthfully.”

“Uh, okay, I promise.” He lowered his voice, not sure what was going to be asked.

“Is Donghae avoiding me? Did he change numbers? Am I an idiot for trying to reach him?” she didn't have that much of a reason to be that mad, but she was catching up on things fast. Ami always trusted her instincts.

Eunhyuk sighed loudly, trying to find the right words. He knew about their fling at the concert. He was the one who helped him organize the whole thing. He also swore with everybody not to let Amelia know Donghae was having a relationship. She had to find out on her own at that point.

“Damn it, Hyukjae, just say something! You know, silence is a response on its own.”

“He...did change his number a few months ago. I think he’s not ready to face you yet.”

“What? Are you kidding me?” she rubbed her eyes with one hand. “You know what, it doesn’t matter. I’m coming tomorrow in Seoul and see how he’s not ready to screw me up.” And she closed the phone call. If the talkative Eunhyuk didn’t respond to her questions, then something was going on and she was determined to find out upon her arrival. She was tired, she was restless and she wanted answers. Something smelled fishy...(if you know what I mean haha)

 

A/N: Donghae is a fish -> the situation is fishy, right? The lamest joke ever. If you can even call it a joke...

Kind of short chapter, but I've been caught up in work and college :'( Hope everybody's alright and staying home!

Bonus: