Chapter 17: There is lust and then there is love.

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

A/N: Hope I make it up to all those sort of short chapters before :D This is an almost 4000 words one! And a shock at the end of it. The image has spoiler alert written on it haha

 

“Good morning, beautiful.” Siwon greeted the woman who kept close to him all night. He had a hoarse voice and a bit of beard, making him so hot in the morning light.

Amelia’s cheeks turned red, feeling her heart starting to race so early in the day. She buried half of her face and greeted him back. “Good morning, oppa.”

“How come you call me oppa and you never did it with Donghae?”

Her eyes widen out, making Siwon to do the same when he realized what he did. He compared their new relationship to one of her past ones, the most painful one actually. After a few moments of silence, Amelia stared in his eyes, trying to find the best explanation. “You look up for me like a brother...I don’t want to take you to the friendzone, or even worse, on the brozone (brother zone). That’s why I keep on calling you like this. Plus, everybody in SJ is calling me their ‘mom’ and you are the only one who didn’t. I guess you’re more independent than them.”

He didn’t expect such response and a smile crept on his face. “I believe to be a manager is something, while being a woman and a friend is something else.” He caressed away a strand of hair from her face. “And don’t get me wrong, I love it when you call me like that.” He leaned in, kissing her softly and taking away her breath. He’s such a good kisser, oh my God...That was all Amelia could think of.

“Let’s go. You’re shooting a live for ‘2ya2yao’.” Amelia got up, tapping him on his leg.

“Wait, does that mean you’re back as manager?”

Amelia smiled, nodding her head. Siwon got up fast and jumped his way to her. He hugged her from the back and tickled her sides, earning a beautiful laugh, which he grew to like more and more.

Lust vs. love is hard to differentiate at first, but the biggest difference between the two staying power. Lust is all about the present moment. The attention you receive, the fun you have together, and the butterflies. Ultimately, lust fades. Sometimes it fades into a breakup, and other times, it can transform into love. Love is about the present moment AND the future. It’s wanting to have this person by your side through thick and thin, and experiencing the journey together. (credit: https://www.zoosk.com/date-mix/dating-advice/lust-vs-love/ )

 

Photo of Catherine and Eunhyuk :D

Her phone buzzed, while being on their way. “Hello?”

“Hey, stranger! You’re back!” Catherine’s sweet voice was heard from the other end of the line.

“Cat! Yes, I’m on my way to a livestream.”

“Oooooh~ I heard you’re back for good. Is that right?”

“Yes, I’m back to be SJ’s manager. I heard something exciting too.”

“Oh no...” Cat chuckled awkwardly.

“You’re freaking engaged! Congratulations! Why didn’t you call me?”

“Well, I went with Hyuk on this trip to relax and he did the stupid thing. I only wanted a vacation, but it turned to be more stressful than intended.”

“Come on!! You don’t mean that. Even you are excited and nervous about it, admit it.”

“You’re right, ok! I cried like baby when he did it. It was so unexpected and I never thought I truly wanted this.”

“Congratulations again and we’ll celebrate tonight, ok?”

“Will your boyfriend come too? You know, the horsey.” She laughed harder, making Ami distance the phone from her ear.

“How did you know?”

“Nobody can keep any secrets or rumors to themselves in Super Junior.”

“That’s true...speaking of...I saw Donghae with that woman.”

“Oh, sweetie. I’m so sorry...” you could hear Catherine being genuinely sorry for her best friend.

“It’s fine, I cried yesterday for the whole year already. Siwon was here for me.”

“I’m glad he was. I have to thank him personally. I had to sleep because I lost two days on the way back from the trip and I was exhausted. I don’t know how Hyuk pulled himself to go to last night’s dinner.”

“He looked really tired. He left earlier than us anyway...Alright, Cat, see you tonight. I gotta go.” Amelia smiled, even though she didn’t feel it at all. But sometimes you have to pretend to be happy in order to sound happy. It was proven by psychologists. If you are in a bad mood and don’t want to worry somebody, you smile, even if you don’t feel like doing it. That way you can fake a good-vibe voice. At times it comes in handy. And there’s a good chance you can fool yourself too and think that the situation is not as bad as you thought. 

“Yes, totally. See ya. Bye!”

They hang up right in time as they arrived at SJ THE STAGE for the shadow version live. The backstage was big too, with different rooms for makeup, a big space leading to the main stage and some other rooms for the staff. Donghae with minding his own business, in a makeup room, ready for the show. The conversation Amelia had with Catherine over the phone was happy mostly, but at soon as she saw him, rage took over her.

“Oppa, I have to speak to him. I feel like there’s no closure, you know?” she handed Siwon her cup of tea.

He put it on the table and took her by her hand in his grip. “Maybe this helps while you’re in there.” He took her face in his hands, kissing her lips. She let herself melt in his grip, so manly, so possessive-like.

“It doesn’t help at all. It’s making it worse for me.” She smiled sheepishly. “I’m still a mess, beau. But I’ll be fine, hopefully, after this.”

“Ok. Be careful.” He kissed her forehead before letting her go.

Donghae was listening to her song ‘Never be the same’ on his phone and humming to it. All the signs told her to calm down and handle the situation maturely, but the anger took over all her senses. “What do you think you’re doing?”

He paused the video, looking up with wide eyes. He was too shocked to say anything other than breathing her name.

She closed the door behind her and pointed a finger at him. “You have NO right to listen to my song! Who do you think you are to use me like that? Sleep with me and totally forget about my existence and my feelings. From all people in the world, you are the one who hurt me most.” She took a brief pause to gather her strength. “You blocked me on every way I could reach you. And you knew damn well I was with nobody, NOBODY, all these years. Because I loved you! And you? You’re in a relationship and you’re happy, while I’m miserable.”

“I broke up with Ariana.” He didn’t know how he managed to say those words when all the information Amelia threw at him was all he feared she would understand.

“And you think I don’t feel betrayed anymore? News flash, after this closure, I’m going to get on with my life here, in Seoul, and surely with somebody who knows how to appreciate me.”

Before opening the door, she wiped her unnecessary tears, but Donghae’s words stopped her. “I know you and Siwon are a thing. He said he wanted my blessing and I gave it to him.” He thought she would be definitely happier with no other than one of his best friends. Even if it meant to lose two important persons in his life.

“Good.” She slammed the door and made her way to the tea. She needed something warm in her stomach as she felt sick already.

“H-how did it go?” Siwon asked worried, knowing well that him and Donghae sort of fought too. He asked him for blessing, but he also explained how horrible Amelia felt and wanted him to stay away from her.

“What do you think? If I don’t go now to the toilet, I’m going to throw up on this table.”

“Alright, easy.” He put a protective arm around her, guiding her to the ladies’ room. Seeing how sick she felt, Siwon offered to go to the hospital with her. But she refused, saying she should go home and rest.

“I need some time alone. I’m so sorry...” she sniffled again.

“It’s fine...”

“It’s not fine! Nothing’s fine...I caught you in this futile love triangle. I don’t want to hurt you and what’s frustrating is that you are already caught up in it.”

“I’m not hurting. You are and that’s what matters to me.”

“No, you should hurt because you’ve just lost a good friend.” She took her purse and left.

Ami didn’t know what to feel anymore. She was so confused, she went straight to bed and put her alarm to wake up when she had to be ready to go see Catherine.

“You look like . What drama am I missing?” she said as soon as she saw Amelia with black bags under her eyes and absolutely no makeup. Her hair was messy and she wore sports clothes.

“I lashed out at Donghae and then at Siwon...” she wanted to go back to the bed and never come out again. “I’m sick of all men dramas. Can’t they just be lovely as they should be and leave all the crap aside?”

“I know how I’ll make you feel better.” She smiled, playing with her engagement ring. She caught this habit in the process and she was playing with it mindlessly.

“No booze, please. I’m feeling so sick at the stomach and I barely dragged myself here.” Ami wanted piece and silence.

“I’ll drink by myself, no problem, but I’m taking you to karaoke.”

“Not really in the mood for that.” Her face twisted into a grimace.

“You’re not in the mood to sing sad love songs?”

She thought for a second, “Okay, I’ll take it.”

They went to sing their hearts out and feel better. Little did they know they would run into two men who always went there to have fun. They were on a double date with two women, that looked like they didn’t have any fun whatsoever and stood on the couch, sipping some cocktails.

“No freaking way.” Ami put a hand over in shock.

“What?”

“I know who they are. I know them.”

“The hot men on the sofa?” Cat pointed at them, receiving a smack from Amelia.

“You’re engaged!”

“So what? I can’t even look? Not even Hyuk behaves like this. But I know somebody who is sorta single.” She nudged her friend, smiling in an evilish way.

“There’s enough drama for one day. Let’s just go somewhere else.”

“Amelia? Is that you?” Yunho’s voice was heard when they turned around to leave. Now, Amelia had two options: he called her name, but he asked if it’s her, so she would ignore and go some other place or she could turn around. The only thing left out of the equation was Catherine, who turned around instantly and made her friend do the same.

“Hello! I’m Catherine! Nice to meet you.” she shook hands with both of them.

“Hello! I’m Changmin, the handsome one in TVXQ.” He winked at her, already making his way to their fan hearts.

“Shut up. Stop using that annoying phrase.” Yunho nudged his teammate, embarrassed.

“Hello, Yunho. Do you guys come here often?” Ami asked, trying to get rid of the awkwardness.

“Oh yeah, all the time. This is our place actually.” Changmin smiled handsomely. 

“Hold your horses, mate, they’re both taken.” He smiled sadly at Amelia, who he put his eyes on the first day they met, and pointed at Cat’s ring. “You came back, huh?”

“I...yeah. It’s complicated, but yeah.” Amelia showed her smile too.

“Did you and Donghae break up? You made such nice couple.” Yunho wondered but being truthful about it. Him and Hae were good friends being born in the same town and all.

“Ooohh wait! You are from that international band, whose name I forgot. You rock! I’m listening to your songs.” Changmin sent a reassuring smile to both of them. “Don’t worry about me. I’m not crazy enough to hit on friends’ women.”

“But you forgot about us though.” One of the women from the sofa got up and pouted like a drunkie. “Oppa, let’s go to your place?”

“Excuse me a moment please.” He went further, taking both the drunken girls at the exit and letting go of them.

“I’m sorry for that.” Yunho invited them to sit down.

“Oh no, you don’t have to do this. We will go somewhere else. You have fun.” Amelia waved her hands and wanted to stop Changmin, but she was too slow. He came back, saying “From what I heard, you and Donghae were the perfect couple of the company. No fans or paparazzi catastrophe and you always were together. Now, what happened? I’m curious.”

They all sat down and let her explain everything. They weren’t drinking out of respect because she refused to do it and Cat didn’t either. The guys truly listened to her explaining and tried to help. That was new...

“I’ve known Donghae since we were little. It doesn’t sound like him though. Something must be wrong.” Yunho thought, searching for more answers.

“I don’t know either. Why would he do that? He did break up with that woman, but still...I can’t forgive him for that.” Amelia shrugged.

“Of course...” Changmin approved.

“And I didn’t let him explain himself...I simply lashed out and left. I was way too mad. And to top it off, I’ve got close to Siwon in the meantime...” she pinched the space between her eyes.

“Wow...I think it’s clear what’s going on.” Yunho put a hand on her back, caressing it slightly. “First off, you have to talk to Donghae and then, only then, you have to make a choice. Who do you love and want to be with?”

“It’s not that easy. I love Donghae, even after everything.” She puffed at her own uncertainty.

“There you go. It was easy afterall.” Changmin beamed at her.

“But he did what he did and I...did what I did. He hurt me and it’s a big no no what he did in my books. Even if it’s not a cheating in the whole sense of the word. Also, Siwon is the nicest guy I’ve ever met.”

“I’m hurt.” Yunho put a hand on his chest.

“No offense, I barely know you. And he always took care of me when Donghae was not there. Especially in this case.”

“Even so, you have to do what I told you and you’ll figure it out. For now, what songs do you want to play?” they all laughed when Amelia’s song started to play. She took the microphone and sang her way out of her bad state. She chuckled and giggled all evening with her best friend and with the two entertainers. TVXQ were lucky to have two beautiful women with them, who befriended them in such short period of time.

“Thank so much for listening and giving me a piece of advice. I needed this the most.” She hugged Yunho, who was so tall. She had a weak spot for tall men and Yunho was not an exception. He was also well built, mannered and knew how to behave like a true refined man.

“No problem! We should go out more and have a good time together. Of course, when you’re choosing your boyfriend, come with him. If you don’t choose any of them, I’m free you know.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Don’t do this to me.” She giggled and punched his arm playfully. “I kinda have the answer, but let’s see what happens.”

“Letting the jokes aside, you are an amazing woman and you need somebody to appreciate you. And call me biased, but I trust my childhood friend to do the right thing.” He was so sincere, he made Amelia finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. She went to bed with a smile on her face, thanks to Yunho. Who, by the way, was her bias after all that. He made his way uuup up up the list.

Next day, she took a deep breath before entering the SM building. She singed the new contract and went to Super Junior’s practice room. She heard music coming from it and decided to wait for it to end. She heard weird noises from around the corner, which were different from the music. She found Catherine and Eunhyuk making out, almost ripping each other’s clothes off.

“You can’t keep your hands off each other not even at work?” Amelia asked, putting her hands on her hips.

“Sorry, babe, this woman right here is my manager. We will continue this at my place tonight.” He winked at his fiancée playfully, then going in the practice room.

“He’s still making my heart race and get me weak in my knees even after those years.” Cat fanned herself and straighten her clothes better.

“I understand.” Ami smiled, going after Hyuk and trying not to remember the effect Donghae had on her.

“Hello, everybody, this is our new manager.” They all looked in Hyuk’s direction, at the door, with hopeful eyes. When they saw Amelia coming in, they all jumped on her with a group hug.

“Ok, if you don’t step back, you might not have a new manager because I’d be breathless.”

“Sorry.” Leeteuk smiled and ruffled her hair. “Good to have you back.”

Siwon and Donghae were in separate corners, minding they own business. Their leader made them come all to the center. He called a group talk, saying that that night they were going to play soccer. The winner would take bags with surprises in them. All about food, anyway.

“So we can be cheerleaders?! I can’t wait.” Catherine came beside Ami and started to clap.

“Yes, please.” Eunhyuk started to breath heavily beside Cat, whom he was holding close to him.

Ami couldn’t help but nod in disagreement. “I’m not sure I want to do this.”

“You don’t want everyone to know that you were a cheerleader in high school? There, I said it.” She smirked, making the boys laugh and clap.

“Ok, fine, but under one condition. My band members have to come too to meet you and cheer with us.”

“What? Do you think we would pass on that?” Kyuhyun asked resentful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc

The girls came with a big portable speaker, singing ‘Boombayah’ by BLACKPINK and cheered on the boys. They stopped completely when they saw them dressed like cheerleaders.

“Where did you even find those clothes?”

“Where do you think I work? I found them in SM’s wardrobe, tossed in a corner. I washed them and brought them to ma girls.” Amelia was backed up by them. They started to sing again and wave the pom poms, urging the man to play.

They formed two teams: Siwon leader to Donghae, Eunhyuk, Yesung (surprisingly he was playing too) and Leeteuk leader to Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Shindong

After playing for half and hour, some of them decided to strip from their t-shirts and this is the image you should have in mind: 

They played for a while, and after one hour they started to get tired and angry. Siwon actually yelled and was a fierceful leader to his team, being the second shock that night after seeing Yesung play. He started to push Donghae and shout at him for being to slow.

“You could have taken the ball from Kyu and we would have won! Be more attentive!” Siwon howled and pushed his with both hands a little bit with too much force.

Donghae pushed back and shouted at him. “You had to block him!”

“Oh no.” Catherine put a hand over in shock.

“Do you need somebody to block me from Amelia too?” he pushed Hae again and they started a fight.

“Go there!” Catherine pushed her and brought her back from the shock.

She unglued the two men using all her force. “How come you are both so reckless?” they wanted round two, but Amelia was in between. “Stop. Both of you. Just stop! NOW.” She yelled so loud, her voice started to crack. “I thought you were more mature than you show it, but I was wrong. What’s gotten into you? You are practically brothers.”

They both put their heads down and trying to gain their breath. “Do you think violence is getting you anywhere? It’s obvious what’s going on and I was never so dissapointed in you two. Tomorrow, I’ll have a private conversation with you, separately. Am I clear?”

“Yes.” They looked up at her, sweaty, shirtless, making her breath hitch in .

“Fun is over. I see you are both hurt and we need to treat those wounds before they get infected.” She watched them as they go to the benches. She went to get the first aid kit, whispering to herself, “Too bad I can’t patch my heart too.”

 

They were all silent, Amelia disinfecting their scratches with medicinal alcohol. “You can take your shirt on.” She demanded to both of them and they applied without comments.

“Ami, I’m truly sorry. I don’t know where’s this stress coming from that makes me do idiotic things.” Siwon said, looking into her eyes.

“Me too. I’m sorry.” Donghae bit his lower lip, making her hormones go crazy.

“Y-you don’t have to apologies to me. You have to be more responsible because firstly, I’m your manager and you are brothers. I want to see you two be close again and let the immature games aside. It’s clear to me that I have to choose between you. That’s why I’ll speak to you tomorrow.”

They looked at each other for a few moments, with teary eyes. “She’s right. I’m sorry, bro.” Donghae went in to hug Siwon.

“I’m so sorry too! I neglected our friendship. You are precious to me.”

Amelia couldn’t help but smile. They were so obedient, it was crazy! Maybe the way she is made all SJ boys like that. She didn’t know, but she was proud of herself. She went home a bit more at ease, but she had to make a decision and that was killing her.

Next morning, she woke up throwing up. What’s going on with me? I thought the indigestion was over. She took her phone and opened the menstruation application. She was one week late. It wasn’t that bad, it happens. She decided it was better to go to the hospital to get checked. Before that, she took a pregnancy test from the pharmacy and it showed negative.

The doctor came with her blood test results, taking her to a whole new level of worry. “Miss, you are pregnant.”

“What? But I took a pregnancy test this morning and it showed negative!”

“Well, that happened because you are early in your pregnancy and the test couldn’t detect the hCG in your urine. Also, I bet your s are tender and you threw up, both signs of a potential pregnancy. Congratulation anyway! We need to make a plan for you to come to your visits.”

“Y-yeah, sure...” was she ready to have a baby? She always wished to have, but what about the father?

After the doctor’s appointment, she called Catherine. “We have the reddest code of the reddest codes!”

“What happened? I was sleeping...”

“Cat! I’m pregnant!” her hands started to tremble on her phone. Her voice wasn’t happy, not sad. She was confused of what would happen.

“Holy cow! How in the world???” Catherine woke up instantly and went to change to see her friend.

 

A/N: What?

Bonus: This photo is so innocent omg <3