Chapter 4: Facetime and love time maybe?

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

A/N: There will be lots of photos and dialogue, so brace yourselves. No photo for the beginning as I put too many below haha

The next day I had to get to work. To freaking work. I was running out of days off and I had to save for two weeks of Suju concert. I was the kind of person who barely took days off and I had like 20 left that year. And it was already the end of October. I did some calculations, trying to figure out when Donghae arrived in Seoul and with the sleeping hours would be almost 24 hours. He must be sleeping right now. I should work and forget about it. Maybe he doesn’t even think of giving me a message.

“Amelia, wanna come drink a coffee? I’m dying in here already. Also, you have to tell me more about the concert!” one of my dearest colleagues, Catherine, got me out of my trance work. I enjoyed my breaks because of that girl. I loved her and everything I shared with her, it remained between us. Best co-worker ever.

“Sure, let me send this e-mail and we’ll be on our way.” I typed really fast what was needed and took my card and phone, following Catherine.

“I’m so curious! You talked about this concert every day and if you tell me it , I’m gonna be super mad.” She pointed a finger at me, showing me that she was serious.

“Weeeeellll….it was AMAZING!! And you’ll never guess what happened.”

She widened her eyes, practically shouting, “You slept with one of the Korean singers, didn’t you?”

I put a hand on . “Catherine, are you insane?!” I shouted back. “I didn’t sleep with anybody. I'm not youuu.” I pointed at her.

“Sorry, I was excited if that were to happen.” she shrugged.

“It could have happened though.” I shrugged too, nonchalantly taking a sip of the cappuccino I bought.

“WHAT? Oh my God, please tell me it’s that hottie you showed me.”

“Let’s go to our place and I’ll tell you every detail.” Our place, as we called it, was a recreation room where we went to tell stories, play pool, chat with other colleagues and so on. It was a nice and cozy break room. But people from the company weren’t there all the time as they were busy or going out to stay in other places, to smoke for example. That time the two of us were alone in the room.

“So it’s that Donghae guy, huh?” she smirked. Proudly. She was simply like that. She never believed in true love, but she never judged me for being a believer. She encouraged me to do the best things and got my back every time.

“Yes.” I blushed, re-thinking our story. “He said he would call me on Facetime, but no call yet. I’m trying not to lose my mind yet.”

She crossed her arms. “If you lose it, I swear I’m gonna smack you. He’s all the way there and you are here, so many kilometers away. Chill.”

“You’re right. I’m not losing it, I promise. I can’t believe in a couple of weeks they will have a concert here and I’m the project manager.”

“I’m sure that’s a dream come true for you. I’m so happy.” She smiled proudly. “If you need anything, I’m here.”

“I know. And I love youuu~” Right when I wanted to hug her, my phone started to buzz like crazy. I never used Facetime before and didn’t know what to expect. I looked at the screen, showing a foreign caller ID and a small icon with the most handsome man.

“Press ‘Accept’ you idiot. I’m gonna be here if you need more info.”

“Thanks. Now go away.”

“This is not the way to be treated around here.” She mumbled, made some space between us, but still close to see him. She was the curious type and I thought it was really funny and cute. It didn’t bother me.

I pressed the green button, revealing Donghae’s face, with a black cap on, looking nor fresh or sleepy. Just right. “Hello, Ami!” he widely smiled at the camera, waving at me. I melted.

 

“Hi, Donghae!” I mimicked his actions. I was so nervous, but I had no reason to be. “Did you arrive well in Seoul? Did you get any sleep?”

“Already asking me questions a girlfriend would ask.” He chuckled at his own words. Seeing my panicked face, he burst in laughter once more, together with Catherine a meter away from me. “I’m joking with you. I actually enjoyed it. I slept like 10 hours, I’m quite good now. No more jet legged. How are you? Are you at work?” when he was done with his part, he looked at the camera with such in-love fashion. He was holding his head on his arm, putting his cap the other way.

“I’m glad you’re feeling good. Yeah, I’m at work. Been at work for 5 hours already, 3 more to go.” I reverted my gaze to my lap. “I was really looking forward to your call.” Catherine beside me giggled louder when she heard my words.

“I wanted to call you when I got home, but you were sleeping already then. I did the calculations.”

“She did a lot of calculations too.” Catherine yelled so that Donghae can hear her.

“Who is that?” he laughed. His laugh was contagious. <3

“That’s my colleague Catherine.” I signaled her to come closer. “Catherine, this is Donghae.”

“Hello! Nice to meet you. Is Amelia behaving well?” he asked, getting closer to the camera.

“Nice to meet you! And yes, she’s the best!” she punched my forearm, “You didn’t tell me he is this hot!”

“Shhhh, what are you doing?” I started to chuckle at her silliness and so was Hae.

“Lovely, I have to go.” He looked back, saying something in Korean which I didn’t catch. “I have to go to the studio to finish that song, you know.” He waved at the camera.

“Oh, yeah, I know which one! I can’t wait to see how it turns out.” I waved too. “Take care, Hae.”

“Bye, Catherine, nice to meet you!”

“Byeeee~” she waved too.

He continued to laugh at Catherine's crazy way of saying goodbye. “Ami, bye! Talk to you later, sweety.” He waved again and went offline.

“I can’t believe you did that! You’re the maddest.”

“Dude, he’s so yummy. You have to introduce me to all of them.” She faked a droll.

“Sure thing.” I eventually gave her the hug she wanted. And maybe one of the members will like her. “You know how you told me if I needed any help to ask you? I actually need your computer skills with some special effects and lighting.”

“You can count on me.” She winked, getting up to go back to work. “You know we stayed like one hour in break?”

“WHAT?” I looked at my wristwatch and jumped from where I was sitting.

In the evening…

I was preparing dinner for...well, me. I was living alone in my apartment, which I enjoyed because home was a cozy and quiet place. That's what I liked most, even though I sometimes needed somebody to chat with. You're not that lonely, you go out with your friends once a week. I know, inner voice, but I meant I needed a boyfriend...Oh...you have one now. I'm not so sure about that. I don't know what to say about this whole situation. You'll see. I'm telling ya, fate brought you together. 'Senorita' by Shawn and Camila was heard, interrupting my annoying and worried talk with myself, going quickly to the phone. Wait a little bit more, you don't have to seem too eager, you know. No, I don't know. I pressed the green button a bit aggressively because of how my inner voice was treating me, before even checking myself. On the screen appeared Donghae with a guitar in his lap.

"Ami!!" he shouted. "Before you say anything, let me show you the song. Can you believe it's ready this soon? It's all because of me...and you actually..." he started to play the guitar with such passion. You could see how happy he was the song was finished and ready to be listened by the ELFs (to have an idea how 'I think I' may sound played on guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgYX_QIw2Y). After he finished, he added, "This is just the guitar version, it sounds way better, I promise! So, what do you think? The MV will be out tomorrow." he set aside the guitar.

"It sounds great! I didn't catch all the Korean words, but I understood the beginning." I smiled, taking the phone in my free hand, while with the other I stirred the sauce for the pasta I was making.

"I don't know what you're cooking in there, but you have a bit of flour on your cheek." he pointed at the camera.

"Oh." I wiped my face, chuckling. "I made a brownie earlier and there was flour on the package for some reason and I forgot about it. And now I'm cooking pasta because I felt like making some."

"You're so cute." he blushed. "Will you prepare me something when I'm coming there?"

"Sure thing. What would you like to have?"

"I can't tell you that now. It's too soon."

"It's too soon to tell me what kind of food you like to eat?" You idiot, he doesn't mean food. My inner voice rolled her eyes. I sighed loudly.

"I meant something else." you could see his cheeks turning red by the time on the phone’s small screen.

I broke the short silence. "On a different note, I can't wait to see the MV. It will appear a bit later here, but that's alright! Plus, I'm seeing you every day now, so the wait is easier."

"Same here, lovely. I'm counting the days until I'll see you again. Eunhyuk says I'm crazy."

I laughed, taking a fork of the freshly made pasta, feeling my stomach growling. "Mmmm I'm so hungry."

"Go eat and I'll call you tomorrow. I go to sleep now."

"Alrighty, good night, Hae! Sweet dreams." I blew a kiss to the camera, right when I saw something more mouthwatering than the food in front of me. "Yaah, I understand I tricked you then in the cafe when talking with the manager, but you gotta stop the teasing." He took off his shirt under the pretext that he goes to sleep after finishing talking with me.

"What did I do?" he asked, innocently, but smirked afterwards.

"Nevermid. Go to sleep now." I brushed it off and chuckled.

He blowed a kiss ( https://www.instagram.com/p/BYEvCk7hk_q/ ) "Okay, bon apetit! And sleep tight!" he closed the call and after a few seconds, he sent me a photo of himself.

Next morning, my phone buzzed, getting a notification from Instagram. He sent me another photo with himself, together with the message: "Good morning, beautiful! Only 5 days until we see each other. I miss my biggest fan <3" Oh, he's got a shirt on, thank God! My heart couldn't take it anymore. Everyday was torture for me because we spoke 2 times a day and everyday he would do something sweet or say words which made me miss him more and more. Sure, you can't say he was my boyfriend after all, as I was doubting the whole thing. I had so many what ifs about it, but my guts told me it was going to work somehow. 

My phone buzzed once again while I was at work, getting another notification from Instagram: "Heading to SM to get the vocals for a new song! I saw you posted about 'I think I' and shared the MV. Thank you for supporting me! The new song will be called 'Super clap' and I have a surprise for you, but I'm not telling you yet. Please be patient!"

Respond to the guy, don't make him wait around. I'm playing hard to get, don't you understand? How many stuff do I have to teach you? You are part of me, so...none? I shook my head. Will me and my inner voice be at peace? Ever? Do any of you get thoughts like that? I took a deep breath, thinking it was a good idea to send him a selfie back.

"Only 3 more days to go! It's sunny here, but the wind is making my hair go crazy. Hope the weather stays as sunny when you arrive! Miss you, Hae..."

My phone buzzed with a notification on Instagram: "Amelia...beautiful name for a beautiful woman. *insert emoji with halo* Do you like to receive flowers?"

I sent back: "Yes. Why? Do you want to send flowers? You don't need to do that. Really."

Donghae's reply: "Perhaps I asked too late." 

Right when I wanted to write back, Catherine tapped my shoulder. "Ummm come to the front desk with me."

I stood up, not knowing what was going on. "Okay."

"Hello, miss Amelia?" a courier worker approached me.

"Yes, this is me."

"These are for you. Together with a note which you may find inside. Have a great day!"

"Thank you. You too." I took the flowers to the recreation room, being followed closely by Catherine.

"These are from Donghae, aren't they? You are so lucky, you bitc-..."

"Don't curse! Wash up that mouth with a glass of water."

"Yeah, sorry, you're right." It was a game of ours, everytime she cursed in any way, she had to drink water. That way she would stay hydrated and stress free. "So?"

"Yeah, him." I said slowly, while reading the card in my mind, then out loud. "The flowers are called Amelia roses, that's why I picked them. I'm not physically there to give them to you, but I could book them online. Thank you for coming into my life. Even if we don't know each other too well, I really like you and I'm sure you are a wonderful person. Will you allow me to court you properly? Your biggest fan, Lee Donghae."

"That's the sweetest thing ever! The guy is so into you. He risked to send you this, do you realize? Being all popular and stuff."

I smiled at Cathrine's words, while hugging the card to my chest. "Is this a sign my love life will be in place finally?"

"Of course dear! I can't find a more fitted person for you. Please don't lose him, okay?"

"You don't know how happy I am right now." I decided to send him a photo with the answer.

 

Reply on Instagram for Donghae: "Permission granted. I owe you a kiss..."

"Now I miss you badly..."

Only 1 day away until they see each other...

Phone buzzing. "Haeeee!" I shouted, being happy to see him again. 

"Hello, Ami!" Before he even finished, Eunhyuk barged in, "Hello, Amelia! How are you?"

"Oh you're at work with Catherine. Eunhyuk-ah, she is Ami's colleague, Catherine." Donghae introduced the two of them. 

Catherine waved, saying "Hello, Eunhyuk-ah! Nice to meet you."

"It's just Eunhyuk. Without 'ah'. That's just an informality and it shows intimacy." I explained to her, chuckling. 

"I don't really care. I want to meet him." she whispered, making me chuckle louder.

"I think I know what she said." Donghae pointed at the screen, laughing as well. "I got the same thing from Hyuk here..." he rolled his eyes.

"I think our friends need to chat tomorrow, they have a lot in common." we both nodded, receiving weird looks from the two.

 

A/N: Ummm not a long chapter and also a bit boring. But I wanted to point out their connection and attractiveness. :D