Chapter 11: With a twist (part 1)

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

A/N: Donghae and Amelia up the stage ;)

Next morning, Amelia was taken by Donghae to his café, Haru & Oneday. The decorations were minimal, but they had a luminous outcome. The brownie was too good to be true and the coffee was various. It was already spring outside, petals were dancing in the breeze and birds were chirped their song. What a nice day to meet your (future) in-laws.

“Should I make you a latte macchiato?” Donghae kissed her temple, going behind the bar.

“My boy, Donghae! How is my baby?” a lady, for whom it was hard to guess the age, hugged him.

“Mommy! There is somebody I want you to meet.”

At the hearing of ‘mommy’, Amelia started to giggle uncontrollably. Boy, I’m super nervous. Was Donghae as nervous when he met my dad?

“Hello! My name is Kim Hyang-sook.” She said in a cute English, seeing how Amelia didn’t look Korean. She also stretched her hand to shake it.

Amelia took it, shook it and responded in Korean. “Hello, mrs. Kim. I can speak Korean as well. It’s a little broken, but I can do it.” She bowed to her, showing her respect.

“Donghae-yah, she’s really respectful. You brought me a beautiful and nice girl, good boy.” She patted his shoulder, genuinely smiling.

He whispered quickly in his mother’s ear, so that Ami didn’t hear it. “I intend to marry this girl.” His mother giggled and she seemed more than happy to hear that.

“Brother, welcome back!”

“Dong-hwa! Come here. Hurry!” Donghae signaled his hand, making his brother come jogging. “This is my girlfriend, Amelia.”

“Finally! After all those years, I thought you would go gay this time.” They all laughed. “I’m Lee Dong-hwa, nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you, Dong-hwa. You can speak Korean with me, I’m quite good at it.” She winked, making Hae’s brother chuckle.

“Wow, bro. She’s a keeper!”

“You don’t even know.” Donghae smiled, taking Ami under his protective (*whisper* and muscular) arm.

“Let me help you with that. Be careful." She rushed to the boys’ mom and got the big blender out.

“Thank you, dear! I always struggle with it...” she looked sadly at Ami.

“Mom, leave the girl alone. Don’t lie about it either.” Donghae’s brother turned to Amelia. “She isn’t even allowed to touch it. Me or the workers use it.”

“She reacted well though.” She went over and hugged her. “I might keep you here.”

“I wish I could work here, but I’m Super Junior’s manager now.”

They both looked at her with wide eyes. “Really?”

“It means you are good at what you’re doing. No woman can handle Super Junior.” Dong-hwa shrugged, continuing his work.

“Everybody tells me that, but I don’t find it that hard.” Amelia was starting to get confused with the statement. Really, why was everyone saying that? Before saying something else, Donghae’s phone started to buzz in his pocket. He got it out, answering.

“Eunhyuk, what’s up?...you are with Catherine?...I can pick you up, of course. I’m on my way.” He closed the phone call. “We need to get to your apartment.”

“Is everything ok?” Amelia asked, but Donghae was looking around to see his brother and mother watching him.

“Yes. Let’s get you home.” He smiled, letting her bid her goodbye’s and took her hand to go to the car.

“Okay, now that we are in the car, you can tell me.”

Donghae sighed, starting the car’s engine. “I couldn’t tell this in front of my mother. Eunhyuk is at your place with Catherine and apparently they are both drunk. He called me to pick him up.”

When they got to Amelia’s apartment, they found both crushing on the couch and watching a movie. They had a bottle of soju each and no glasses.

“Come on, buddy. Let’s get you home.” He turned to Ami. “I’m seeing you tomorrow. If you can, please rehearse ‘Lo siento’ by yourself for tomorrow’s rehearsal with the boys.”

She nodded and pecked his lips. “Take care, Donghae.” She closed the door, going back to Catherine. “What should I do with you? Why are you getting drunk AND with Eunhyuk?”

“Noooo pleaze don’t.” Cat covered her ears with her hands. “Don’t wanna hear it. I’m going to bed. Carry me pleaze.”

“You’re lucky I’m your best friend. Tomorrow you’re going to drink 2 bottled of water. And not because I insist you do...”

 

Next day...

 

“You got it?” Eunhyuk asked, showing the first part of the song ‘Lo siento’.

“I rehearsed last night. I think I got it.” She smiled at him. “But wait...” she went over to stop the music. “Before everybody comes here. Can I speak to you?”

“Are you going to lecture me?” he asked, disappointed.

“I’m sorry, but I have to know something. I don’t like this situation and it affects, first of all, Catherine, me, Donghae and the rest of Suju. It’s not only about you.” He furrowed his eyebrows, letting Amelia continue to speak. “Both you and Cat are hurt from previous relationships…but, why are you rejecting love? Because let’s face it, you love each other at this point! You’ve been with her every day since we left to Seoul.”

Eunhyuk looked down. “I like her, yes, but I’m not ready for commitment.”

Ami crossed her arms. “She isn’t too. She doesn’t want to get married, nor have kids at the moment. Not right away because I’m certain that she says that because she didn’t find the right man for her. She found you though…and she changed since then, to be honest. She isn’t going out clubbing with her immature friends anymore. She quit drinking stuff she isn’t supposed to drink...well, she drinks with you only. She also told me she can’t get you out of her head.”

“I…don’t know…” he played with his fingers.

“You said you are afraid of commitment. But I heard you guys have amazing .”

“What?”

“Oh, come on! Flash news, women talk to each other! FYI she didn’t say details, she has boundaries you know.” She got closer to him. “Tell me, please. Did you go out with other women while going on dates with her?”

“N-no…Donghae can confirm…” he looked desperate at that point.

“Good. Did you think of her while you two were apart?”

“Yes. A lot more than my comfort zone.”

“Finally, did you picture a future with her? Or at least feel something was fitting too perfectly for your “comfort zone”? ”

“I see your point. ” he shot a death glare at her.

“Good because I think you both need to give it a go. I’m 10000% sure that you both avoid being in a relationship because you were badly hurt. I get it, but you can’t just close your feelings in the back of your mind and go around having meaningless with the first hot chick/guy you meet. It may be good for a while, but you need to stop this nonsense! What you need is you together, doing stuff that couples do. Hyukie, you will realize that being in a committed relationship will fulfill your desires more than anything else.”

He sighed. Deeply. “You may be my savior.” He smiled through the tears and hugged me tightly. “Thank you so much for opening my eyes, Ami. I’m sorry if you were stressed because of me. But I need you to help me still because I consider myself new to all those feelings.”

“Oh, Hyukie.” She smiled and hugged him back. “Anything for the people I love. You guys are everything I have, did you know that?”

“I didn’t...I’m just an idiot, just so you know.” He chuckled awkwardly.

“Heyaaa, Kim Heechul in the dancing room.” He was the first one to get in the room, followed by everyone else.

“It was too calm in here.” Amelia laughed.

“I’m just happy. I have a new contract and I’m going to be a MC.” He hugged Ami really tight.

“Congrats! I might become breathless soon if your grip doesn’t loosen up.”

“What are you doing all alone with this guy? Are you trying them both?”

“I swear I’ll beat you up.” Donghae started to chase after him.

“In this case I get two boyfriends, better than no girlfriend.” Everybody laughed, putting their stuff in the corner of the room. “If you guys calm down, we can continue the rehearsing. Performance is in about an hour and we need to finish fast.”

“Fine, fine.” Heechul breathed, putting his hands on his knees being tired because of the running from Hae. “You always know how to tame us down. This mature stature is new to us.”

She just shrugged. “Thanks. Now go be a MC and I need to get to work.” She pressed play, waiting for her turn. Whenever Donghae had to catch her and lean her back, he would kiss her lips really quick, earning a giggle from her. All guys looked jealous, but enjoyed the new feeling in the dancing room.

“Now that you are done, I’m inviting you after for a drink in order to celebrate my new job.” Heechul watched everybody sigh and look somewhere else. “You don’t want to go? Nobody?” he asked, disappointed.

“I’ll come.” Eunhyuk said, gulping down some water. Amelia nudged him in the ribs. “What? I’m the only one free this evening.” She didn’t say anything, just inhale, exhale, trying to keep calm. She had the conversation with him not even an hour back.

 

In the evening...

 

“Don’t wait up.” Catherine was all dressed up, ready to go out. Amelia was chilling on the couch, reading a book.

“Where are you going?”

“To a bar.” She simply said, like it wasn’t something new.

“Aren’t you at least a bit hangover?”

“I’m fine. I slept all day.”

“I know you practically have a job and it’s all good, but still, stop hanging out so much in bars.”

“I’m meeting Eunhyuk...but not in a bar.”

“You’re meeting him, huh? Fine, have fun.” Amelia was furious. She was talking to walls! Eunhyuk didn’t understand a bit of what she explained to him, nor Catherine was doing anything to embrace her feelings. She decided to give up.

And Catherine, of course, went to the bar to meet with Eunhyuk. Little did she know that he was with somebody at that moment. She saw how they held hands and drank together. She couldn’t resist more than 30 seconds watching before going home and be a crying mess.

“I saw him with a woman!”

“Wait, stop crying. Let me call him.” Ami tried to call him, but the music must have been too loud for him to hear the ringing. “Ugh...he doesn’t pick up.”

“Mmyeah, he probably has se-...” Cat was interrupted.

“Stop it!! Just...stop! He is supposed to be with Heechul.”

“I don’t think that it was this guy. She was wearing tight jeans and he was holding her hand. I know when I see a woman tho...” she took a deep breath, tears falling again on her cheeks. “I attract only players, this is my destiny.”

“I don’t understand how you let yourself fall in love with him. You did stuff from the very first time you were alone in a room. I don’t get it.”

“He...Hyukjae is a funny guy, considerate, on my taste, you know? He dances sooo yummy. And I can’t get him out of my head. I started to watch fancams with him...”

“Oh no...you’re calling him Hyukjae already?”

“Oh yeah. And I wish I could be with him and keep calling him by his real name.” Cat looked up, trying to hold the tears again.

“Why aren’t you telling him this? You’ll never know...”

“It’s hard...” she sighed.

“For you? Nothing’s hard, honey. You’ve always got what you wanted because you are strong, independent, smart and beautiful! If he doesn’t want to be with you, he doesn’t deserve you.”

“You are the best. I’ll talk to him tomorrow then. I need to get out of those clothes and sleep it off. You were right, I’m a bit hangover at this time too.”

“Are you hungry? I’m going to make some soup.”

“I’m starving. Please bring me a bowl when it’s ready.” She kissed Ami’s cheek and went to her room.

 

Next day...

 

“Another live, another success. I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Yunho.” He extended his hand to Amelia.

“Oh my God...” she whispered to herself. “H-hi. I’m Amelia. Nice to meet you!” she blushed, seeing how he was hotter in reality than even on her 4k TV. Yes, she was his fan.

“You’re popular around SM for managing SJ and for your beauty.” He side-smirked, making Ami’s heart beat faster and mind become blank. Those feelings hit her like that because she didn’t expect he would say such things about her and meet him already.

“T-thank you. As a matter of fact, I’m your fan.” Her face was getting hotter. What’s wrong with you? Isn’t it like cheating on Donghae? How is that like cheating? I don’t see it. You’re feeling guilty because you are attracted to Yunho. I’m allowed to be attracted and he is also allowed to be attracted to other women. Her train of thoughts and staring contest with her ‘crush’ was interrupted by Donghae coming and kissing Ami on her cheek.

“I’m going to change, love. See you in 5?” he took her hand.

“Holy , man! I almost hit on your girlfriend!” Yunho put a hand on his forehead. “Are you crazy? Why aren’t you telling everyone you two are together? With such treasure beside you...”

“We agreed on keeping a very low profile because of the ELFs.” She smiled, putting her arm around his waist.

“Yeah...trust me, I’m afraid somebody would take her from me. But I trust her and she can handle y man like you.”

“But I can’t handle this one.” Amelia pointed her thumb to Hae, giggling.

“Wow, you’re too cute for this world. Take care of her, man.” He patted his hand on Donghae’s shoulder.

“Of course. Thank you! Oh and please inform Changmin I don’t want him around Super Junior’s new manager.”

Amelia punched his chest. “Yaah. I’m their fan...”

“You should only be an ELF.”

“Make me.”

“Oh yeah?” he took her bridal style, making his way to the changing room. “This will shut your delicious lips.” He crushed his lips on hers, earning a laugh from her. They broke it, Donghae putting his forehead on hers and swinging their hands. “I wasn’t kidding earlier, I do trust you. And of course you can meet them, but Changmin has a special charm and didn’t want you to feel weird or awkward around him. He’s a nice guy anyway.”

“Baby, it’s alright to feel a bit jealous. You meet so many fans and you have good-looking dancers. But I trust you too.” They shared a passionate kiss (again) before going out.

 

After a few months...

 

“She broke her leg?” Amelia sighed. “It’s alright, I can replace her.”

“What’s up, love?” Donghae put an arm around her waist. “Are you okay?”

“Bora broke her leg again and I’ll replace her on ‘Danger’ and ‘Rum dee dee’.”

He pecked her lips, saying “You’ve done it before, don’t worry.”

“I’m not worried about me. This is the 4th time...she should do a check of that leg. We may start to look for a new dancer.”

“Amelia, are you troubled, sweetie?” an old man’s voice was heard.

“Manager! I mean, Junghoon! How are you?” she smiled, hugging him.

“I’m good! You have to meet two important persons.”

“I’d love to, but I have to go to makeup because I have to dance.”

“That’s alright! I’ll see you after the concert.”

Amelia loved to dance on the stage. Her shyness was long gone, and she felt like flying. She understood how Donghae felt when going up the stage. Her favorite song to dance on was ‘Take it slow’ because she could be as graceful as she wanted to be. Slow songs were more on her liking. Slow songs were more on Donghae’s liking, enjoying watching her dance in his apartment. Giving him a personalized show.

“Wow, I never knew you were so good. I mean, I knew you dance, but not like that!” Junghoon, the ex-manager, clapped while going backstage.

“Thank you.” Amelia said, gulping some water.

“This is my new girlfriend.” They exchanged names. “And this is her brother, a well-known and popular nowadays entrepreneur and impresario, Lee Minseok.” They also exchanged names.

“I saw you up there and it felt like it wasn’t your spot. It wasn’t a place where you should be. I’m currently recruiting young talents such as yourself to found my own company. Actually, my second company. I know you’re a manager, but you can become a star. You are beautiful and talented, you have some fans around here too. I’m giving you an opportunity now.”

“I don’t know what to say...” she looked nervous and her heart was beating fast again. That time, because she didn’t know what to do or to say.

“The salary is as generous as a SM salary and you get bonus for every performance. You will travel all the world’s corners and the contract will be three years long. Here is my business card. Call me anytime and we can talk more.”

“Thank you, I’ll think about it. Have a great night.” She bowed and they left.

How was Amelia telling Donghae she is considering it? Was she going to accept and leave?

 

A/N: Cliffhanger....dun dun duuun.

Bonus: The hedgehog hair is killing me!!