Chapter 6: Brooming is Amelia's favorite activity now

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

I was in the dance practice room, waiting for the music to start. Donghae insisted I was there and Catherine too to film the whole thing, keeping it a secret from SM until they finished editing it as well. They learnt how to beat the system in order to be lovable towards their fans. I respected that so much about them because not any idols love their fans as much to sacrifice from their personal time to show they care.

"What do you think?" he came rushing to me, happy like a child.

"I love it, Hae! The dance is simple, yet effective. ELFs will love it as much as I do." I smiled through his hug. All guys came around us, forming a big group hug.

"I'm not hugging material, I receive only thank you cards." Catherine backed out, going to the camera to save the video and put it back in its pocket.

"I don't buy that." Eunhyuk went closer to her, whispering. Catherine only gave him a sided smile. "I don't see you that rigid. You must like hugs in a way or any human touch at that point." he cocked one of his brows.

"It's a long way to reach that." she left the room, going home to edit the video. Eunhyuk stood there with a smirk plastered on his face, already contemplating on how to make Catherine his.

"Eunhyuk, it's not a long way, you just have to work for it." I told him, receiving a confused look. "She wants and needs a real man, gentleman and caring every day and a beast in bed."

"I see..." he went into deep thoughts, even after we all left the room.

"Alright, guys, we need to go apply your makeup and choose the right clothes for the MV." I clapped my hands, getting everyone's attention.

"You're doing a great job, Ami." Donghae smiled proudly, taking the heavy bag from my hand.

"Such gentleman." I smiled back at him.

"And a beast in bed." he added, chuckling.

"You heard, huh?" I chuckled too.

"Yeah, I'm thinking, if the two of them stop being stubborn, they would make a good couple."

"I know, right? I'm trying to convince them they are meant for each other, but they just don't see it."

"Mmmmaybe you should take your own piece of advice." he planted the bomb and simply left, going to the trunk to put the luggage there and then going in the car. She took her sitting spot beside him, not talking with anybody and lost in her thoughts. He put his arm around her shoulder, but she seemed to react only when she smelled Donghae. He made sure he sprayed a bit more cologne so her senses were knocked out. She looked at him totally taken aback.

"Hey, Ami, when are we going to shoot the first live of the song?"

She answered to Siwon a bit absent, "The day after tomorrow. I set a day off for you guys." she smiled at the end of the sentence, proud that she managed their time so well.

"So tomorrow you're free too." Donghae's voice vibrated in her left ear.

"Actually, me and Shindong are going to the concert dome to check the lightning and sound. I'm sorry, Hae..." she did feel sorry as she nudged her back on him, wanting to feel close and cozy with him. She was eager for more touch and proximity. He kissed her temple, caressing her shoulder. It was fine...for the moment.

The MV making was simple, the office being big enough to shoot and play, as SJ does all the time. Donghae went to drink a bit of water, smiling at Amelia. "I think it went perfectly. Most of the MV was already shot in Seoul, but I enjoyed this part so much because, well, you managed everything. Thanks for the glasses by the way." he waved them at her.

She snatched them from his hand. "No, thank you! Now I can make a fortune by selling them online to the ELFs." she smirked, placing them slowly in their case.

"What...?" he asked confused and taken aback.

"I'm fooling you again, Hae~" she laughed and kissed his cheek. "I'm taking them back because I actually need them. I don't wanna ruin my sight staying so much in front of a computer."

"I knew. I wanted you to feel sorry and maybe kiss my cheek, like you just did."

"What?" she smacked his arm. "You..."

She was interrupted by Catherine walking by. "Drink a glass of water!"

"I wasn't about to swear!" she smacked her arm as well.

Amelia received a smack back. "I can't believe you smacked me!....wait a second...are you blushing?"

She put her hands on her cheeks. "No...It's the blush I use and the fact that it's a bit hot in here."

"Yeah, really hot." she fanned herself, watching Eunhyuk from afar taking off his coat and turn up his shirt's sleeves.

Amelia only nodded her head in denial, whispering to Donghae. "Is there something going on here that I don't know?" He only looked at her and shrugged his shoulders, being clueless.

He stood up, packing his stuff like everyone else. "Come here, Ami." he extended his arms to welcome her figure in a what felt like a more passionate hug...if that is even a thing. One of his arms were wrapped around her waist and the other in her hair, right at the base of her nape. "I'll see you tomorrow, after the sound check." he parted, biting his lower lip and leaving to the hotel. Amelia was frozen in the spot, staring at the exit, where she saw the gest which killed her a little.

"Did he really....?" Catherine asked, arms crossed. "Ami?" no response. "Amelia!!" she shook her in order to get at least a bit of Amelia back.

"He...bit...his lower lip?" her hormones played a prank on her senses. She thought she had a lucid dream, but no, it was reality. Lee Donghae bit his lower lip (in the iest way) for her.

"Maybe it's the blouse you're wearing, together with the dangerously mini skirt I landed you." Catherine smirked, checking her best friend from head to toe.

"Oh..." that was all Ami could say.

 

Next day, at the dome...

"Shindong oppa, is this right?" Amelia pointed at the buttons she pulled, wondering if she really needs to be there because she had almost no idea what to do.

"Yes. But I need you to do something else. You have to put this microphone and the earphone and go on the stage. Maybe sing a little because I also need to check in here if it's all good."

At first, she hesitated because she knew once she is up the big stage, the hype will get to her inner crazy singer and dancer. Then she thought it couldn't be that bad. She put the concert package on herself, slowly going to the main stage. It's not that big. Hmm yeah, but imagine that with lots of fans. Hmmm right. But what if they exclaimed for you? A smirk formed on her face. She hurried back up in the sound room.

"Shindong oppa, could you please play this playlist? This is a karaoke playlist. I use it for when I go out with my friends."

He took it and put it in the laptop. "It seems like it's working. You're good to go." he gave her an ok sign and a nod. She put herself in the position. Did I mention Amelia took dancing classes when she was younger? Well, it paid off now. She was having songs like 'Ready for it' by Taylor Swift, 'Toxic' by Britney Spears, 'Womanizer', 'Dangerous Woman' by Ariana Grande, all kinds of songs like that. The dancing fever took over her and Shindong noticed, giving her a mix of the songs she gave to him. Even her voice was incredible while she moved! But she didn't like to be heard, she preferred to keep a low profile about it. Still, she was caught in the moment, making it impossible in all the noise and lights to even observe that some of the guys, including Donghae, arrived in the sound room.

"Don't go in there yet, she is shy about it. But look at her! She's got such talent. We should include her in some of our songs or videos."

"I can't believe it." Heechul put a hand over his mouth. "I'm so attracted to her right now."

"Yaaaahh!!!" Donghae hitched his hyung, almost landing a punch.

"I didn't mean it that way! Geez, relax. Nobody's stealing her from you. She's in love with YOU, moron!"

He let go of him slowly, running a hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry, hyung. I don't know what's happening to me."

Heechul gave him a pat on the back. "You are a soft-headed, but this is something else. I forgive you because you are in love too. Look, she's done." he pointed at the glass, through you could see the stage. "Go love her, life is short."

"Hyung...thank you so much." he gave him a brotherly hug. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, now go!! She's...taking a broom?" he asked with a puzzled look.

"She's brooming the stage?" Shindong the microphone for her earphone. "Yah, why are you brooming?"

"Because..." she panted. "...it's not..." Pant. "...clean enough." she stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. Wow, gotta work out..."The boys can slip easily and break something. Even with these sports shoes I slipped a little. I'll ask to be waxed properly tomorrow morning."

"So considerate. I'm glad we chose her to be project manager...actually, it was more Donghae." Leeteuk patted his shoulder and pushing him to go to her.

"Wait. Shindong, please play 'Lost' the karaoke version as soon as I go."

He typed the words and found the song. "Ami knows how to turn off the system, just don't forget to tell her."

"Sure thing. Thank you!" he smiled, leaving the room. Amelia was brooming away, still singing a catchy song which was stuck in her head since the other day, 'Earned it' by The Weeknd. And by catchy I mean she found it fitted for what happened: Donghae bitting his lip. She imagined the action over and over again, listening to the song and going to fantasy world. That night was also the night she decided to stick to her plan of letting him court her and her not to turn him down. She used the broom's stick as a long microphone and moved her body to the imagined beat, swaying a bit ier than intended. She totally forgot about Shindong's presence.

'Lost' started playing, not so loudly, making her stop dancing and turn around. She spotted her man, making his way to her with a microphone in his right hand. They both smiled at each other and as he got close and she remained stunned. Is he really, like, confessing? Isn't that a song he wrote for an ex? Her mind was shut down as soon as she heard the lyrics were changed. It wasn't a song which showed regret of a lost love anymore, but a song which showed how much he appreciated the fact that he met her.

He got so close, she could feel his breath when singing. He took her hand with his left hand, intertwining their fingers. Amelia didn't realize the song was about to be over, the broom was on the floor and her body was glued to Donghae's. When the song was over, he switched off the microphone and put it in his back pocket.

"Why?...How?...When did you-...?" she had so many questions in her head, but her heart was cutting off all of them.

He put both her arms around his neck, while his rested on her lower back. "Amelia, I've never seen anybody turn a trivial activity such as brooming into something feminine and y."

She blushed hardly, but couldn't look somewhere else other than in his chocolate brown eyes. Yummy eyes btw. He is perfect even without makeup.

"Hae...something has been bothering my mind lately."

He caressed her cheek and hair lovingly. "You can talk to me anything, anytime." he reassured her.

"I know, that's why I wanted to talk to you. If I get the job of being Super Junior's manager, I will be away from my home. And the flight from Asia to Europe is a loooong flight. Here I have my friends, my family..." she made Donghae hug her tightly with the teary eyes she was having.

"That indeed is an issue, an important one, which unfortunately depends on you. The pressure is high, but baby, I want you to know that I will support any decision that you take and I want you to be the happiest woman. If staying in your country is what you want, I'm going to respect your decision and try to move on. It's not the first time I'm heartbroken, so I'll be okay after some time of digesting the events."

"I never expected you would be so understanding. I also consulted my parents first and they told me that I should take a decision after I speak with you about it. They were right that it made it easier to decide." she put her forehead against his, closing her eyes. "But we still need to get thorough the concert without any problems and see what the manager says."

"Of course. I'll be here regardless." he closed the almost not existing space between them, brushing his lips against hers at first, then kissing them oh so softly. It made Amelia feel dizzy and trapped, but unbelievably happy and lucky. Until it hit her and she broke the magical kiss.

"Wait, we can't. What if something happens and SM is not happy with me? We will both be sad about it. Let's just wait until we find out the answer." her eyebrows were deeply furrowed with stress, old breakup pain and worry about unknown future.

"I won't let anything stay in our way and our happiness. I need you to trust me. Do you?"

She responded without hesitation, which proved to herself that he was indeed the one. "Yes."

"Good. Then, what do you say I put a few more songs on my phone and slow dance for a bit more time. I want to make sure you are relaxed and stop worry so much."

She nodded, waiting for him to find the song he was searching for and not letting go of her. Not even a bit. A small smile formed on his face when he found the perfect song, 'Slow dance' by AJ Mitchell. After that song, the playlist put 'Thinking out loud' by Ed Sheeran. One of the songs which made Amelia's heart always skip a beat. She considered it the sweetest song from Ed and one of which made her calm her nerves.

"Wait." she lifted her head, having a revelation. "How are you this tall?"

Donghae simply chuckled, reaching for one of his shoes to show her how he is so tall.

"Oh, no, no. Don't!" she held her nose and waved her hand to show him to stop. They both laughed loudly.

"They don't stink. Look, this is called an insole and we use it all the time. To be comfortable and to look taller. Plus, sports shoes have this new trend with high base."

"I see." she got close to him again. "I can't lie, I kinda like it." she giggled.

"Babe...I don't want this moment to end. Really." he analyzed her features, like he was going to forget them...to lose them.

"Me neither...but tomorrow you have the first live of Superclap." she sighed, remembering she has so many things to do to make the concert a success.

"I was thinking...maybe you want to come with me at the hotel. It's way closer than your house and I can land you a t-shirt for tomorrow." after one second, he realized he invited her to sleep together. "I didn't want to suggest anything. I just want to spend more time with you, that's all. Also, this way I can prove to you that I'm being serious with this. I promise I don't have hidden interests." he put his pinky up in the air.

"I don't believe in that!" she put away his finger. "I believe your word." she smiled.

"So, you agree?" you could see the happiness in his eyes. He is such a kid sometimes.

"Yes. You're lucky I'm super tired and I want to spend more time with you too."

"I'll land you one of my parkas too. I actually have one that doesn't fit me for a few months. I may have grown my biceps muscles a bit too much." he showed them off, making Amelia laugh and slap his chest playfully. "I mean it, feel it!" she laughed harder at the exclamation.

 

In the hotel room...

After both showered and ready to go to bed, they both said their prayers and graces. Donghae took extra sheets and started to fold them next to the bed.

"What are you doing?" she asked, getting off the bed to stop him. "You're not sleeping on the floor! No way." she dragged him to the bed, smiling like crazy. She couldn't help it! Donghae took her in his arms immediately, kissing her face everywhere. "I told you I trust you."

"I was trying to be respectful towards a classy lady like you. I can't treat you any other ways."

She rolled her eyes at the statement. "Just caress my hair. I'm going to sleep like a baby."

"Okay...Hmmm..." he sniffed her hair. "I love that you smell like my shampoo. Like me..."

"Mmmm baby." Ami snuggled closer to him, going in dreamland pretty quick. Donghae couldn't help but smile widely at the action.

Next morning, Amelia woke up to an empty and cold bed. She slowly got the covers down a bit, searching the room for her man. The door of the bathroom opened, revealing the most beautiful sight you could see in the morning. Lee Donghae, fresh out of (another) shower with only a towel around his waist and wet, ruffled hair. Am I in paradise? She gulped while checking him from head to toe. He is haaaawt. Donghae smirked and with the iest, husky voice, he said, "Good morning, beautiful."

"G-good morning, Hae..." he wasn't the only one who was being attractive in the morning. Amelia was wearing one of his long t-shirts (cuz that was the only thing they could find *rolls eyes*), her hair was all over the place and her mascara was a bit smudged, making her look like she had a wild night (on the contrary...she slept like a piece of wood). She got off the bed, walking towards him and surprised him with a peck on the lips.

"I'm glad we did this sleepover."

"Me too. Also, I'm glad one of my shirts fits you so well. Damn." and with that, he left the spot, making his way to the phone to order room-service. She didn't say anything, but she went in the bathroom and quickly closed the door, letting out a sigh she didn't know she was holding. One of her hands flew to her chest, holding onto it, hoping her heart can stop galloping already.

 

 

A/N: Hello there! Thank you so much for your support! I can't believe I'm getting so much love for this story I wrote because of just one simple idea. You guys are wonderful <3

Bonus: