Chapter 9: Moving out is harsher for Amelia...

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

Back at the party...(meaning the night before)

 

"No. You know what, this really is too much. The blackmailing stops here. You are going to be fired, not me or my Amelia!" he pushed her aside, going to the door.

"That's the Donghae I love. You go get her, beast!" Heechul yelled after him, receiving a thumbs up from him as he rushed to the door, chasing after his love.

After a few minutes of searching, he found Amelia and Siwon in the back yard, sitting on a porch. "Ami!" he shouted, jogging towards them.

"Told you he's not a jerk." Siwon whispered.

She got up, hope being seen in her eyes, already tearing up. "D-Donghae..."

He was in the same stage like her. "I....this is ridiculous! Here's what happened-..." he got interrupted by an annoying voice.

"Donghae baby, you're here. Hope it's not too late. I brought my phone too, in case, you know." she smirked, evilish.

"I don't swear, but you should off. Send whatever and call whoever you want, I don't care. As long as Amelia is by my side, you can all go to hell."

Amelia remained silent because she was confused and shocked by Donghae.

"I'm pressing the button."

"Press it." he crossed his arms.

She pressed a button, Siwon's phone buzzing in his pocket.

"Oops, is that the wrong number? Too bad. Maybe I have someone I can call." Siwon said, searching somebody's number on his phone. It seemed like she was double played by Donghae and Siwon. Amelia too. It seemed like it was all just a genius plan to catch a swindler.

"Give me that!" she rushed to get to the phone, but got tripped over by Amelia's foot.

"Have this, you , cuz I've had enough of your puerile games!" Ami crossed her arms too.

"You'll see." she threatened, showing them her fist and threatening to leave.

"Yes, manager, I'd like to report a fraud...Yes, all proof is on the tapes and my phone....Yup, we can meet tomorrow. Thank you. Have a good evening!" Siwon closed the phone, looking amused at the crying cheat.

"You will hear from me." she left after listening to what Siwon said.

"I want to hear your leaving, you quack." Ami looked furious.

"You heard her, leave already!" Donghae pointed at the exit.

She turned her face, making a 'hmpf' sound.

"I'm going back to the party, be careful you guys!" Siwon hugged both of them.

"Thank you." both Donghae and Amelia said at the same time.

"You're welcome. Love you both." he said, while leaving us alone in the backyard.

"So..." Amelia got a bit closer to him.

"So, here's what happened." he got closer as well. "She kept blackmailing me since I asked to shoot ‘Superclap’ here. She said that she took pictures of us and would post them online so that she can distroy my career and your life. Unless I became her b-boyfriend." He shivered at the thought. “I don’t like her. Not even a bit. She’s an idiot if she thought she could break us up. Amelia, I’m falling in love with you and...” he smiled. “I love you.”

Amelia not only reacts well, but she was getting teary by the time, putting her hands on her face. "I’m falling in love with you too...oh my God..." she went over and hugged him tight. “I love you too, Hae.”

"Please don't cry, at this point, you should have known my feelings for you. So why the tears?" They parted a bit just enough to look in the eyes. He wiped the tears from her soft face, kissing them away in the process.

"It's just, I thought I lost you tonight. I saw you dancing with another woman and it broke my heart...then I had you back! And we told each other how we feel and all is just a bit overwhelming." She tried to stop the sobs. “And eveything is good again and I couldn’t be happier now.”

"You're right, it's a bit too much, probably with the moving to Seoul as well. And I realize it’s way too soon, but I was afraid I would have lost you too." He caught her in a tight hug, carresing her silky, long hair. He simply loved the way it felt when he touched it or when he would grab her tiny waist and he would feel the hair slightly grazing on his arm, a bit ticklish too.

They stayed like that for a few more songs before feeling terribly tired. The next day he was supposed to fly to Seoul and sleep more on the plane. But it's not as comfortable as a bed. A bed shared with the woman he loved...

 

Nexy day...

“Why do you have to leave so soon?” Amelia pouted, making Donghae melt for her cuteness.

“We’re going to see each other soon. Plus, I didn’t forget how to Facetime.” He took his luggage and headed to the reception to give the keys of the room.

“I know...but last night was so perfect. I wanted a bonus of that.” She continued to pout, watching how Hae put his stuff in the trunk of the van the Suju boys were riding to the airport. He got close to her. His hands flew to her face, taking it, tilting it and leaning in for a long kiss.

“Do you think I don’t want that? Oh how I wish you could come with us too and not alone on Monday. But I will wait for you at the airport.”

“That’s wrong.” She looked even sadder. “You can’t because of the fans.” She sighed, taking his hands off her face and putting them against her chest. “But you wait for me in my new apartment. Mine and Catherine’s.”

“I know, baby. I will. Good luck packing.”

“Yaaa, Donghae-ah! It’s not like you’re not seeing each other again. Get in already.” Heechul yelled, obviously loosing patience (as usually).

“Yaaa, Kim Heechul. At least he is seeing somebody!” she kissed Donghae again, whispering, “Go, go. Love you.” But before he could answer back...

“I’m not coming to your wedding if you behave like this, lady!”

“Good, one drunkie I don’t have to worry about!” Before Heechul got to yell again, probably even say curses towards Ami, Donghae closed the door of the van and they took off to the airport.

Amelia’s phone buzzed in her pocket. The display showed a message from her favorite person in the world – Donghae <3

Message: Love you too. Couldn’t say it with all the yelling. I’m calling you when I get home. My love <3

Ami hugged the phone. Was it possible she missed him already? Pfffsh, love is a crazy thing, huh? You don’t say...

Her phone buzzed again, this time it was Catherine. She answered, “What do you want?”

“Hey, that’s not how you talk with your future flatmate! I called you because...well...I actually need you. Do you think we can meet at a cafe?”

“Sure...” she closed the call, heading to the nearest cafe. It was almost evening time, people were going home from work, but not Amelia. She was currently packing to go to Seoul to start a new life. Wow....a new life? It sounds so big. Yup, it does. But she doesn’t have to worry, Donghae is by her side, Super Junior members and her best friend. And Catherine’s dog because she wants to take little Archie with her, 3 months old Alaskan Klee Kai. The cutest.

She made her thoughts go away, seeing Cat in a corner of the cafe. She approached her, but she didn’t seem to notice. She looked up from her mug, not even smiling at Amelia.

“Hey...are you okay?” she asked, worried about her.

“Y-yeah...I’m fine.” Catherine sighed deeply, blowing a bit of her breath towards Amelia.

“Is that Irish coffee you’re drinking?”

“Yes, why?”

Amelia took the cup, but Catherine tried to stop her. “What do you think you are doing?” she asked  and took a sip. “This is more whiskey than coffee. Something’s going on.”

“I just wanted to celebrate our success, but not in a bar because I know you don’t like it...plus, you have a boyfriend now, I’m sure he wouldn’t like the thought of you in a bar with only me.”

“Cat, come on! You can’t hide anything from me. We’ve known each other for two years already and we became best friends the very first day we met. Do you remember how we ate together?”

“How can I forget?” she smiled bitterly. “I don’t even know how to tell you...”

“However is fine. Are you having second thoughts about the moving?”

“No! Not at all. I’m super excited about that. I finally get the change I wanted in my life.”

“Then what?” Ami crossed her arms at her chest.

Catherine sighed again before saying anything. “I did something stupid last night.”

“Oh shoot. What did you do? I thoguht I left you okay when I went home.”

“Well...I got tipsy and Eunhyuk had to help me go home.”

“I don’t see something wrong in that.”

“He didn’t get me home. I fell asleep on him in the car and he didn’t catch the address I was telling him. He got me to his hotel room.”

“He what?” Amelia’s mouth was hanging because of the shock. “You mean to tell me that he took advantage of you?”

She waved her hands instantly. “No, he didn’t. He was actually really sweet and thoughtful. I was the one who...kind of...took advantage of the fact that I was tipsy.”

“No.” another shocked face from Ami.

“I snapped. He’s not how I imagined at all. He’s so so much better...please understand me. You are the only one I can talk to about it.”

“Of course.” She sighed. “Just tell me something. Do you regret it or do you want to go further?”

“Honestly? I didn’t even have time to think about that. The only thing that confuses me is that he accepted to do it, but at what costs? Isn’t he afraid I would be hurt and take action on me?”

“I believe he is a good guy. I sensed it when I interracted with him. What you need to be worried about right now is that you may be more than crushing on him, but falling for him.”

“Me?” she tutted. “No way. I’m not feeling anything for him. I assure you that it’s only physical attraction.”

After debating weather Catherine felt anything for Eunhyuk, Amelia got home at around 8 pm. She felt really tired, so she decided to just stay in her room and read something. She heard a knock on her room door, followed by her dad opening the door.

“Hey, dad. What’s up?” she put the book down.

“I just...” he put himself on the corner of the bed. “It’s hard for me to picture a house without you again.”

She shot him a reassuring smile. “It happened once and this time is for real. I’m so happy, dad. I’ve got Donghae by my side, I have a really great job now.”

“How come you didn’t introduce me to this Donghae guy? I only know that he is Korean.”

“Don’t go overprotective with me. I’m 29 years old for God’s sake. He is 33, he is sweet and kind and so considerate of my feelings. I’ve never met someone like him before. I didn’t even know he even existed.”

“Then why was he still single? Are you sure you’re not leaving because of him? It’s clear he’s got in your head.”

Before Amelia could fire back, a woman’s voice was heard from the door. “Rob (from Robert) baby, are you coming to bed?”

“In a minute, hun’.” He shouted back. “You know how to wait for me.”

Ami rolled her eyes and exit the room. “I’m not having this conversation with you and by now, I thought you would be down to earth, but you are worse.”

“Wait.” He caught up on her. “I have a question. Do you still dream of becoming a singer, like your mother?”

At the hearing of the question, she looked at him with teary eyes, obviously hurt. “You have NO right to ask me that. And don’t even speak about her again when you have company.”

To explain better, Amelia’s mother died when Ami was 18 years old. She had a car accident. I know, lame, but it’s a common and dangerous way with those cars and drivers on drugs. The guy was still in prison, but that didn’t make the Dobra’s feel any better. Amelia’s last name is Dobra, yes.

The next day nothing important happened, so nothing to narrate about. The next one was the penultimate day of our girls in their country. They didn’t even pack everything, but it was alright, they still had time. Amelia was listening to music with her headphones on and packing away. She danced to the songs, she sang quietly and tried not to let her father’s words get to her. She went outside to take some clothes off the dryer, when she saw a handsome man staying at the entrance of her courtyard. She went to see who it was as he was fidgetting to find the bell.

She opened the gate, making a weird noise, surprised. “Donghae?”

“One and only.” He smiled, engulfing her in a tight hug. “Did you miss me?”

“Are you seriously asking that? How are you here? I was wondering if you’re ok because you never called, nor messaged me.” They didn’t part at all, their faces being a few inches away.

“I was on the plaaaane. The boys got tired of me talking on and on about you and they sent me back.” He laughed awkwardly.

“No way. You lost 24 hours on the plane, babe. And you’re going to lose another 12 back with me. Why did you do it?”

“They paid for my ticket and couldn’t say no. Plus, I was so bored without you. Missing you every minute...”

She smacked his chest. “Don’t do that again. You are super tired and as soon as I am there, the next day you have a broadcast.”

“Ok, ok, don’t punch me again...I know you’re going to take care of me these days.” He smirked, getting his bag and going inside. Amelia only laughed at the statement. “Wow, your house is so nicely decorated.”

“Thanks. My mom decorated it. She loved doing it...” Ami couldn’t help, but to get a bit teary at the thought of her. It seemed like she missed her more and more everyday.

“Really? Can’t wait to meet her. Is she home?” Hae said excitedly.

“She died 11 years ago, Hae...”

He stopped abruptly on their way to get inside. “I’m so sorry...you probably know about my dad already.”

“Yeah, I do...” she exhaled a bit louder. “But the important thing is that she’s here.” She said while pointing to her heart. “Nobody’s taking her away from me ever.”

He hugged her again, feeling sorry. “I know, Ami. They are with us forever, don’t worry. God took them up there to take better care of us. This is what I’m always thinking.”

“You’re right-....” Amelia got interrupted by her dad getting out of the house, laughing with the lady he was the other night.

“You’re so funny, Rob! And so y, mrrrr...” she purred at him, stopping in the spot when she noticed Donghae. “Who’s this delicious young piece?”

“Amelia, is this Donghae? I thought he was in Korea?” he said, changing in English. He signaled the ‘lady’ to go wait for him in the cab.

“Yes. He surprised me with his visit.”

“Nice to meet you, sir.” Donghae extended his hand to him, receiving a tight grip from Amelia’s dad.

“Nice to meet you too, young man. Hope you’re taking good care of my daughter.”

“I assure you, sir, she is in good hands.”

He simply puffed at what Hae said. “I’m going out tonight and probably be home tomorrow morning. Don’t wait up.”

“Like always...”

After her dad left, Donghae made a surprised face, widening his eyes. “He is...something.”

“He wasn’t like that when mom was alive. He was such a good-hearted man, always taking care of his family. I’m letting him be like this because I’m so tired of trying. He’s always going out and never has serious relationship. A nice woman is going out with him, not the one he left with, by the way, another one. She is really sweet and kind, but he keeps screwing things up. I’m simply accepting the fact that he griefs over mom and it became a routine.”

“I see...we never got the chance to talk about our pasts, did we?”

She smiled when he kissed the back of her hand and intertwined their fingers. “We’ve got plenty of time now.” Donghae’s stomach started to growl and she giggled at the action. “I’ll cook something quick for us.”

“Finally! Besides being hungry, I want to taste your food.” He smiled from ear to ear.

“What about pasta?” she asked, looking in the fridge and in the kitchen cabinets.

“Yes. It sounds perfect.”

They had a really good time cooking together. They shed some tears during the onion cutting spree, but they managed. We are talking two onions, how bad can it be? They cut some bacon and grated cheese. They kissed. Donghae cut his finger in the grater. Amelia got her tongue burnt because he fed her almost cooked pasta. She also put a candle on the table to make it more romantic, then two glasses and a bottle of wine. Red wine. Sweet. It got to them a bit.

“I have an idea. It’s wonderful outside, seeing how the spring is here already.” Donghae said after taking a sip of the delicious wine.

“What about we do that tomorrow? I have a greater idea.” She smirked, knowing exactly where to go. She took another bottle of wine and he took the glasses, following closely. They went upstairs, in the attic.

“This place is so neat and lovely.” He was like a kid, looking around and touching stuff.

“Yeah, this is my safe place. I decorated it myself and dad is never going up here. He just doesn’t care about it.”

“Do you mind if I take a few pictures? I find it amazing.” He took out his phone, pointing it directly at Amelia. She went behind him, blushing.

“Take pictures of the place, not me. I’m super shy.” She was still behind him.

He smiled at her, saying, “I won’t take pictured of you if you don’t want that. But...at least a selfie with me? I want to change the backgroung of my phone...and laptop...and ipad...”

Amelia thought for a second. “Fine. A few photos and you have to mail them to me.”

“I’m not that selfish, you know...” he nudged her, earning the beautiful laugh he wanted to hear so badly.

She had two big windows in the roof and the bed was placed right under them, giving the beneficiary the most beautiful scenery of the sky. It didn’t matter if it was day or night, the window captured the true beauty of nature. Amelia and Donghae put themselves on the bed, on their backs, side by side, only their heads were touching. Ami’s perfume was sweet and a bit too strong, which made him a bit dizzy. Or was it the wine?

"It's all happening so fast." Amelia became aware of the fact that the next day she would start a new life, that she dreamed of since she was in highschool..

"I know what will make you feel better about that." Hae glanced slightly at her, whose eyes became a bit watery.

"I'm listening."

"Let's talk about ourselves more now. I would love to hear all about you."

“As a matter of fact, I have a few subjects in my mind.” She put her whole body on one side and supported her head on both arms, Donghae mirroring her moves. “I want to hear more about what you love.”

“That’s easy. You.” He smiled sheepishly.

“Don’t do that, I might get up and leave.” She chuckled.

“I didn’t know you were so shy. Normally, I’m the one who does that.”

She shurgged. “Depending on my mood, I can be either shy or straightforward. I like you too much to let my timidity ruin it.”

“I love photography, of course. I love nature, vintage stuff, animals. I’m more of a dog person.”

“Oh no...I’m more of a cat person.”

“That’s fine. I actually love all animals equally. I like cats too.”

“I’m kidding. I love animals too. Actually, I’m giving away money to shelters in my city and help whenever it’s needed.”

“Can you be more perfect?”

She bit her lower lip. “Lee Donghae...” she leaned in, giving him a short kiss, then burrying her face in her hands.

“I can’t even with you. You are the sweetest.” He took one of her hands and put it on his chest. “Moving on...I have something in my mind too.”

“Name it.”

“Weird habits.”

“Ohohoho I have some for ya.” He listened intently. “I have something called misophonia. Well, not literally, but when somebody chews loudly beside me, I go nuts.” She laughed. “It’s not a habit, but still counts. Also, I usually make all things organized. I’m a planner and like to know things before they happen. That’s why love is making me nervous...it’s something I can’t control.”

“It’s understandable. But...I’ll make sure you feel free from any harm. That’s my promise.” He propped his body on one arm, putting the other on her hip, slightly closing the gap between them. He enclosed a kiss with deep meaning, slow, tender. Amelia didn’t move too much, she simply put one of her hand on his nape, caressing the spot. His hand subconsciously want lower and lower on her body, down to her thigh. She didn’t break the kiss, but they both shifted a bit so that their bodies were fully in concord. It was a tensed moment, but the managed to break away, breathing heavily.

After a few moments of silence, he said, smiling, “I hate to eat alone. That’s a habit for me. And I’m clumsy, so don’t let anything like your phone in my hands.” He chuckled, proud that he got  to get over the tensionate moment.

They continued to talk all night, sharing that bottle of wine. They were not the type of persons to drink, but it fit the scenery too good. They both were more at easy with each other, getting closer and closer.

 

Bonus: