Chapter 12: With a twist (part 2)

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

     

 

Song of the chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2NibgZgR4

 

“Let’s go home and celebrate.” Donghae whispered in Amelia’s ear, caressing her leg up her thigh. He didn’t know that Amelia met Junghoon’s friend and got that proposal. “You were amazing up there.” He continued his kisses on her neck, but she wasn’t all fired up about his actions because her judgement was clouded with worry.

“Y-yeah. Let’s go home.” She smiled a bit, trying to step back and analyze the situation. Maybe she didn’t consider doing it. It was a big step for her and if you take that, you never know what would happen. It was exciting actually. Having fans all around the world, being on stage and engraving your fingerprint in the minds of many.

“You’re awfully quiet.” He put his hand on her leg, while driving. “Is there something wrong?”

She put both her hands on his, starting to play with it. “I can’t lie to you. There’s something bothering me, but it’s not your fault. It’s entirely up to me.”

“Whenever you’re ready, feel free to tell me. You know you can tell me anything, my love.”

She sighed, kissing his hand. “I know. And I want you to know that I love you no matter what.”

“I know that. Do you?” he asked, keeping his gaze on the road.

“What do you mean?” she was confused by his question.

“When somebody says something like that, one can expect something bad to happen. Maybe not bad, but something is wrong for sure.”

“Nothing’s wrong, Hae.” She reassured him.

“Yes, it is. You’re all gloomy and I sense it’s something to do with me. Tell me if I’m wrong.”

“I’m not comfortable talking about it right now, please understand this.”

“Alright.” He answered, shortly.

They went to Donghae’s apartment, as in Ami’s apartment Eunhyuk and Catherine were messing around. Speaking about them, they were hitting it off! Let me tell ya how that worked out.

 “Yah, Hyukjae!” Catherine went to him the next day, almost furious. She didn’t let it out until she found out what happened.

“Cat! I was at the bar and didn’t hear the phone. Sorry...” he put his hands on the hips.

“Sorry my ! You could have called me. Or at least message me what’s going on. Why didn’t you?”

“I was with-...” he tried to explain, but he got interrupted.

“With a chick. I know. I was there, I saw you with her and I left. I couldn’t watch you break my heart.”

“Wait...I was out with Heechul. Yes, it’s my fault I didn’t call, but I got carried away with the drinking and the football game at the TV. I’m really sorry about that.”

“So...you were with Heechul? But I don’t recall his hair to be so...” she facepalmed. “Oh my God, it really was him! He’s the only one who could wear such pink clothes! Not even a woman can do it like that.”

“So...you do like me, huh? You’re having a crush all right.” He smirked, Amelia’s words being confirmed.

“I...” she got flustered and tried to get away from the situation, but Eunhyuk took a tight grip of her hand. “Let go...”

“No. I won’t. Actually, I don’t want to let go at all. We’re going on a date.”

“No, we are not.” She still tried to get out of his grip.

“Don’t fight it. Ami was right, we care about each other and we should try being together. I’m sick of all women taking advantage of me. You seem different, Cat.”

Catherine was speechless and stopped struggling to get her hand out of the grip. She stood there, looking into his eyes.

“H-Hyukjae...” she whispered.

“Yeah, flash news. I like you too. But I’m not falling fast, be aware. Also, I will test you, but you won’t know.”

“That’s...not fair.”

He closed the gap between them, looking down at her lips, then up in her blue eyes. “Why not? You can test me too and see I’m not such a bad and irresponsible guy like you claim I am. Or at least, you think it if you don’t say it. I’m fully conscious of my behavior because it’s been my shield for so many years. I’ve been in two serious relationships, but it seemed like I was alone in the relationship and the others were only audience.”

She remained in the same position, afraid to move. What if Hyuk was moving away from her? Catherine didn’t want that, in fact, she was content with the situation. “Let’s not move too fast.” She whispered against his lips, then slowly pulling away. “I know we already got close in a way, but that shouldn’t happen in the nearest future. (that didn’t happen though lol) Let’s get to know each other. Like I already know that you don’t enjoy romantic comedies.”

“Agreed.” He concluded, like he did after the morning ‘after’. This time, he said it with confidence, trusting that his string of bad luck was finally broken.

 

Meanwhile in the girls’ apartment...

 

“Come here.” Donghae patted the place next to him in bed. Amelia climbed and snuggled beside him. He kissed her forehead, hugging her to his chest.

“Hae...” she took a deep breath. “I have to decide something important, but I need a bit of time. Could you please let me think about it and then discuss it with you?”

“At least tell me this, did any ex-boyfriend contacted you or any guy that you may like approached you?”

She chuckled a bit. “Nothing like that. I promise.”

“Good, then. I won’t say anything. But...” he shifted so that his body was on top of hers. “I just have to do this.” He started to kiss her lips, moving his hips against hers. His hands roamed from her chest to her legs. If that didn’t make her think it through right, I don’t know what. Donghae was the perfect man, but so seemed her ex’s at the beginning of her ‘serious’ relationships...

Next morning, Donghae left to work, while Amelia went to her apartment. She sat in the kitchen, sipping a cup of strong coffee. She held in a hand the business card of the guy and was debating weather to call him or not. What would go bad to call and seek some information? Well, she may be easily convinced because she was already. But at what cost? Losing the love of her life over her dream from when she was little. It felt like fate brought her to Seoul to overcome her stage fright. She nodded her head and dialed after the realization.

“Hello?”

“Hello. I’m Amelia, Junghoon’s friend and SJ’s manager.”

“Oooh, yes! I remember. How are you? Have you called because you want more information about my offer?”

“I need more time. But I also need more information.”

“Here’s what we’re going to do. I’m telling you more now and I’m sending you an e-mail as well. Also, there are a few girls who accepted and are planned to become a band, with which you may resonate.”

“Wow, that’s fast.”

“Exactly. I’m expecting your answer till tomorrow afternoon.”

“S-sure. I’m going to think about it. Thank you!” she hung up, nibbling on her lip lower lip – something she did when she was nervous and didn’t know what to do. The front door was heard, her boyfriend entering the apartment with the spare key.

 “How’s my lovely lady today? Feel any better?” he hugged her tight, swaying from left to right.

“It’s time we have that conversation.”

“Oh, shoot...ok.” he sat at the table, watching as Ami was pacing around. “This is stressing you a lot, huh?”

She looked in his direction, trying hard to maintain a straight face and not start crying. It was a tensed moment for her and she was afraid of the outcome. “Y-yes...but I know how to start though.” She finally took a sit. “Last night, after I was on the stage, Junghoon came with a famous impresario, Lee Minseok.”

“I heard about him. He’s new in the business.”

“Yeah, he is. And he offered me a job. He saw me on the stage and approached me after the concert. He makes a new band formed with a few women from all around the world and travel to all big countries. The idea seems genius and...I-I’m considering it.” She had a hard time looking at Donghae, who was stunned by the sudden news.

After a few moments of silence, he murmured, “You consider it?”

“Like your father, my mother had the same dream. And it’s mine too! I want a taste of this life! I wish to be up there and fans chant for me. I wish to work day and night, even if it’s a lot, I can handle it, to become a great dancer and singer. I want to raise money for my future children and home. Donghae, you have to understand. You of all people...”

“No, I don’t understand. I thought being loved and having a family was your dream and I was willing to give you that. I can provide for both.” Donghae got up and left, being the last words he spoke to Amelia.

In a short period of time (a few minutes, to be more specific), she became a crying mess. Not even the coffee could help her defeat all the feelings she was experiencing.

“Oh no, sweetie, what happened?” Catherine, whom Ami didn’t hear coming home, came running to the apartment because of how Donghae ignored her in the lobby. “I bumped into Hae, but he didn’t even say hi. He seemed angry.”

“I told him I consider leaving...”

“Leaving where?” Cat asked, confused. And so, Amelia told her everything. She told her she wants to follow her dreams, she had to send the confirmation until the next day afternoon and she didn’t know what to do.

“I have no idea what to tell you. I’m hurt though because you don’t consider my feelings either. I moved to Korea because of you!...but you are lucky. You made me get together with Hyuk and I’m grateful for that.” Amelia looked at Cat with teary eyes. “And you are my best friend.” They hugged for a while, then plotted some scenarios to make Ami choose wisely.

Next morning, as she was Super Junior’s manager after all, the girls went to a live broadcast of ‘Super clap’. After it was finished, the company gave a free and open buffet to which our protagonists attended. Amelia took a bite of a French pastry, together with her best friend, secretly watching as Donghae didn’t look at her. Not even once.

“Cat...I don’t exist for him anymore.” She choked only by saying that.

“That’s not true. Come on...”

“I feel the need to cry...” Amelia’s face was pale, her eyes were puffy and her minimal makeup was going to be ruined for sure.

“Get to the bathroom. Now.” Cat pushed her a bit.

She took her best friend by the arm and successfully hidden her from the others. Ami started to silently cry, tears falling and falling, not even bothering to wipe them. She sat on the bathroom floor, supporting her back on the cold tiles of the walls.

“Cat, he doesn’t respond to any of my calls or messages.”

“You’ve sent many, haven’t you?”

“No! And you know what, screw rules of relationship. I hurt him. Me. The girlfriend, who managed to hurt the most important person in the whole world.”

“Hey...”

“This is not the time to be the jealous best friend. I could have moved in with him, but I didn’t because I love you too.”

Catherine sighed. “Then why are you leaving?”

Amelia was stunned. She didn’t have a clear, nor a truthful answer for that question.

“If you love us that much, why are you doing this?”

“I have to do this one in this life! I’m still young and the contract is going to be for two-three years. It’s not that long. Afterwards, I want to come back here. It’s also my mom’s dream...”

“Don’t play out that card with me. All of this means it’s yours too.” She gave Ami a hug, staying like that until she calmed her sobs. “I think you should do it.” She concluded after a few minutes of silence.

“Really?...I mean, I know I’m not convinced, but deep down I’m sure I want to do this.”

“Yes! You should do it. And you have to properly say goodbye to Donghae.”

“Oh my God...I don’t like the sound of that. Only by thinking about it I start to shiver and I want to cry again.”

“No, no! You have to talk to him! You must go to his place. Come on.” She got up, helping her friend up.

“You are the best, Cat.” Ami smiled, looking into the mirror to make herself look presentable again.

When they went out, everyone was gone, except for Leeteuk, who was still eating.

“Are you alone in here?” Amelia asked, taking a bite herself.

“Yeah. Everyone went home because they are all tired and have the rest of the day off. But you knew that.” He smiled. “There is something I’d like to know...what is going on with you?”

She sighed, taking a sit by his side. “I’m planning to follow a dream of mine – to become a singer myself.”

“I asked because Donghae wasn’t able to explain what is going on. He was too bumped last night and went straight to bed.”

“I can imagine...if I do this, I will no longer be your manager and I will leave the country for about three years.”

“That’s a lot...but it’s your dream.” He smiled and seemed like he remembered something.

“I know, right? I’ve been dreaming about this all my life and I can finally do it and do it good.”

“You remind me of young Super Junior, when we debuted and were so proud and felt so accomplished. Even if it hurts us to let you go, you have to do it. I’m sure Donghae would understand...in a way.”

“I’m on my way to his place. I’m so afraid of his reaction...any advice?”

“Well, just be honest with him and he should be alright. We will help him anyway.”

“It sounds both good and bad...”

“Will you keep contact with us?” he got up, finishing his meal.

“Yes! We have Instagram, FaceTime, Twitter and so on. I also have to keep in touch with Jonghoon. He said he will replace me and he’s so happy to do it. He missed you a lot.”

“I’m glad! Then it’s settled. You’ll become a star. And Super Junior will support you.”

She went over and hugged him tightly. “Thank you so much, Teukie! You always know what to say.”

“And I’m still old and single. But that’s life, huh?”

“Oh, stop it! I’ll tell you something. When I came to your concert, I heard lots of women talking about you. You are popular and I’m sure you can let yourself fall for somebody. Maybe you’re too picky.”

“Y-yeah...maybe.” it was obvious that he was in a grey zone and felt lonely.

“Let’s make you feel better while this girl over here goes and talks to her current boyfriend.” Catherine took Leeteuk by the arm and led him outside. “We’re going to a bar and I promise I can find you a nice girl around there.”

Amelia smiled, nodding her head in disapproval. Cat always knew how to pick both men and women. She remembered when she made her go like that and tried to find a guy for her. They ended up tipsy in one of their apartments, laughing like crazy and having a good time on their own. No guy in sight tho.

When she arrived at Hae’s place, she knocked three times on the door, hoping to bring good luck. He opened slowly, putting his hands at his chest. “Yeah?”

“I-I came to talk.”

“I don’t think there something else to be spoke. Here.” He handed her a bag with some of the stuff she left at his place. She took it with trembling hands, holding back her tears. “Please, at least give me a chance to speak. You deserve it...”

He sighed, letting her enter the apartment. She put the bag aside, watching as he stood in the same place and tapped his foot on the ground. She started to talk slowly, afraid she might worsen the situation. “I need to tell you this because I’m going to be out of the scenery for about two-three years.” She took a deep breath before continuing. “I will accept their offer today and I will no longer stay in Korea. Actually, this will still be my home on paper, but I won’t physically be here.” He didn’t say a thing. Donghae just stood there, looking at her. “All of this is my mom’s dream and it’s mine since I was a little girl. It’s not fair to be mad at me for a dream which for you is already fulfilled.” She bit her lower lip.

“I’m not mad at this. I’m not mad because you’re leaving.” He simply said.

“Then...what?”

“I’m your boyfriend and I was planning big steps for us. I want a family with you and I want to love you for the rest of my life. You are like a marvel to me. I’ve never met a woman like you before, so kind-hearted, attentive, respectful of my decisions.” They both started to cry, wiping their noses from time to time while talking.

“I need you to respect my decision as well. Besides, I will be gone the amount of time you would have be gone to army if we were together before that. I wouldn’t say anything about that.”

“Exactly. I’m not commenting on your decision. I’m bumped out because we have to break up. Long distance relationship never work properly, even if it’s us we are talking about...Also, I’m so mad at the fact that I couldn’t make you so happy you wouldn’t want to leave. That’s why I got up and left when you first told me. In addition, I was so confused at first...”

“Donghae, I have to do this. It’s not forever, I’ll be back...I want my mother’s dream to live within me.”

“I understand that.” He got a little closer and took her hand, kissing the back of it. “I’m sure you will be popular and you will have lots of fans. You are a smart and strong woman, who can take care of herself. You don’t need me to do that.”

“Don’t say that...” she put her forehead on his, tears streaming down their faces.

“I can’t promise I can wait for you. I don’t know where Super Junior and my fame will be in a few years and I truly want a family. This is my dream.”

She moved away from the spot, sobbing. “I see...then, g-good luck in your l-life.” She started to hick-up and couldn’t take it any longer.

“You too, Amelia.” He closed the door.

 

A/N: What did just happen? :O 

Bonus: damn, that lip bite