Chapter 3: Staff not happening

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

"Donghae, I'm so wet!" I moaned. Ok, more like shouted. I mean, yelled. Let me tell you what actually happened when Lee Donghae tried to be a gentleman and offered me a cold beverage. He tripped and soaked me with orange juice.

“I’m so sorry!” He shouted back while tapping a towel on me, but he didn’t pay too much attention when doing it as he tapped over my chest too…you have permission now to think as erted as me then. Plus, the years of no touch from any men…they sum up, ok? And we're talking about Lee Donghae for goodness' sake.

“Yaaah. It’s okay! Stop tapping. I need to take a quick shower.” I shouted through laughter.

“Y-yeah, right. Here.” He handed me another towel and a bathrobe, not even smiling a bit. He was feeling really sorry for what he did.

“Thanks. But wait…is this your bathrobe?” I raised one of my eyebrows, showing the piece of clothing in my hand.

He chuckled awkwardly, “Yes. Is that a problem for you, my biggest fan?” Oh the teasing. Stop. No, don’t stop.

“N-not a problem. I think I’m gonna keep it, I don’t know…” I shrugged.

He laughed again. That beautiful and joyful laugh of his. “Knock yourself out. While you shower, I’m gonna go find a beanie and some clothes for you to change in them. Probably Eunhyuk’s or Ryewook’s. They have small heads and bodies.”

“Sure. Also, I need a hot tea as well.” I batted my eyelashes at him.

“I gotta keep my lovely project manager happy, don’t I?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh I see you’ve got your manhood back.” I smirked at my smart remark, referring to the spilling incident before.

“Don’t make me spill tea on you.” he pointed a finger at me.

“Touché.” I giggled and headed to the bathroom.

“I’m going to lock the door with the key so nobody steals my biggest fan.” He stated proudly.

“You’re lucky you’re so darn cute!” I went over and pinched his cheek.

He put my hand away, “I’m the only one who is allowed to do that!” he pinched my cheeks hard while smiling from ear to ear.

“Alright, alright. Now go, we’re never going to make it to the airport.”

“Okay, but maybe that’s what I want.” And that my dears, they call butterflies and rainbows and stars and unicorns…I felt all of that in my stomach. Hae just left and locked the door from outside and I was standing there, with the stupidest in-love look on my face. How could he? How? That was like…it was like I got stung by Cupid’s bow. I can’t believe he flirted with me like crazy! But a cute flirt. Time to shower, Amelia! I smacked myself to get out of the love trance and entered the shower.

Hot water was running down on me, making me want to stay in there forever. With Donghae, huh? erted me again. I was trying to enjoy the manly scented shower gel he used, but I was interrupted by an image I wanted to see so badly. Hormones...I knew my inner voice was trying to help me. I couldn't like him more than I was already liking him. Indeed, he was so much more than I imagined. He also liked me too, talking about me non-stop, meaning he was thinking about me. I had to fix the situation.

I finished the shower pretty fast, right in time with hearing the front door opening and closing. I realized the worst happening - the bathrobe was a bit...short? How come a man's bathrobe be so short? Oh wait...the room must had come with two bathrobes, one for the man and one for the woman. Did he know? I burst out laughing, getting out of the bathroom.

"Did you know this is a woman's bathrobe?" I continued laughing, trying to stretch it down.

His eyes scanned me from head to toe, stopping at the (inappropriate length) bottom where my hands were pulling. He widened his eyes and handed me the clothes really fast. "These are from Eunhyuk. I couldn't find anybody faster than this."

"That's ok. I'm going back." I went to the bathroom to wear a pair of grey jogger pants, a white t-shirt and the coziest parka. The parka was Donghae's by the smell. You are a freaking weirdo. And I'm sure I'm speaking to all readers out there, stop smelling the guy's shirts! Okay, okay!! Geez, I became mean.

Just as I was about to open the door, I heard Hae singing quietly to himself. Do you know what he was singing? Nice.and.slow. I opened the door to make him stop, but he didn't. I widened my eyes when he swayed me away, slow dancing with me, but keeping a reasonable space between us.

"Donghae, we need to go! I still have a few things to pack."

His eyes became gloomy, letting go of me completely, picking his luggage and heading to the door. I knew he was sad about it, but one of us had to put a stop to all of that. It saddened me to see him so quiet on the way.

"Hae..." his gaze reverted from the ground to straight into my eyes.

"Look..." he sighed. "I didn't mean to push the situation and I let myself ride the wave. It's the first time after a few years when..." he sighed again, trying to find the right words. It was even harder in English. "...when I didn't think of love as such a painful experience. The effect you have on me...I'm sincerely sorry for everything. If you consider we shouldn't get close, then I will stop pursuing you."

I was stunned by how sensitive and mature he was. Also, his English! I sighed too, wiping a tear from the wind, but I think part of it was because of his words which touched me. "First of all, you don't have to be sorry. I feel the same way about you." his face features soothed hearing my response. "But we need to be smart about this. Ok, not smart, but cautious. There are so many staff we need to figure out."

"Like what?"

"Like...the language barrier."

"But we can both speak English and you can understand Korean as well. Maybe you want to learn more Korean, who knows?"

"That's a point...but I bet you can't find an answer about this one: I live on a different continent!"

"What if I tell you I have an answer about that too."

"What?" that struck me like a thunder. He thought about that too? Boy, he's a keeper. Shush inner voice!

He chuckled. "I trust you will be the best project manager we've ever had and SM doesn't let go easily of people like you. And me neither. I'm willing to fight for what I find...uhm...suitable for me." he kept his gaze on the road, not curious a bit about my expression.

Donghae was exceeding my expectations. And believe me, I had crazy high standards! I was speechless until we entered my hotel room. "Do you think SM will hire me for good?" I finally asked, trying to hide my underwear and PJs as fast as I could. When I was ready, I was a blushing mess and couldn't get a hold of the trembling I was experiencing. It was definitely not from the cold as the temperature in the hotel was perfect. Lee Donghae, what are you doing to my poor heart?

"If it doesn't happen, I'm pulling every string possible to get you to stay. Your heart-...It's too much for now. I stop." he laughed awkwardly. "Ready? Let me take that for you." he took my luggage as well.

"I have to admit, you already pulled all my strings." I smirked, walking in front of him using my feminine walk, even if I was in sports pants. No man didn't resist my walk. No man.

It seemed that I understood wrongly the ride to the airport. Half of Suju dropped me to the airport. You won't believe how loud they were! Oh and all the questions. I had Donghae cover my ears and keep me close to him. They were savage!

"I see Donghae already forgot about me." Eunhyuk crossed his arms, pouting. "No more DnE!" he sulked. We all laughed, the next to speak being Siwon.

"I'm curious though, are you the woman we saw at the café?"

"Yes. And I bet you heard all night about that." I giggled, looking at Hae completely in love. You heard right, the guy made me head over heels or him in only 24 hours.

"I did!! He wouldn't stop. Eventually we had to call manager hyung to let him analyze the seats before the concert started. Love at first sight, huh?" he smacked Donghae, causing him to smack all the present members in the car.

"Yaah, bite me! She likes me, not you, so you’re all jealous." he spoke in Korean and stuck his tongue out.

"Sweety? I understood that." I spoke in Korean as well, making all members watch me and Hae interacting.

He blushed, "Sorry for all this."

"You have this thing to tell me you are sorry about everything. I used to have that too, but I learnt to let it go." I smiled at him.

"I'm apologizing again and again because I don't want to bother you with anything." He smiled back. True gentlemen still exist.

 

At the airport, after the check in...

"So, we're going to see each other on Facetime." I smiled, squeezing my purse out of nervousness. But Hae was so receptive to my emotions. He took my hands in his, looking deeply into my eyes. "If you continue to look at me like that, my legs won't hold much longer."

He smiled widely at the statement. "To be honest, I want to kiss you right now. But I won't. I'll just give you a warm hug if you allow me."

"Oh, now you're asking for permission?" I asked sarcastically, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in his shoulder.

"We will see each other again in about 2-3 weeks, in the meantime, take care of yourself, ok?" he broke the hug and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"A-alright. You too, Hae." I bit my lip while we parted. He did the same (internal scream). You want to scream because he bit his lip and you find that super hot, don't you? Yup. I smiled proudly, heading to the airplane. Not because his lips touched your cheek? Anyway, are you going to wash that?

 

 

A/N: First (and only; update: there are 2 subscribers, thank you, lovies <3 ) subscriber commented this is a fluffy story. Can you believe I didn't realize how much I enjoy the fluffiness? I guess my boyfriend needs to read it so that he can fluff things up as it seems I do this to the story wishing it would happen in reality lol Hmmmm maybe it's Donghae's fault for making me expect sweetness. It's also funny because I have diabetes (type 1, not the one because I ate too much sugar) and shouldn't eat too many sweets anyway. You guys shouldn't eat more than 25 g of sugars every day, so please be careful!

P.S.: I should have become a psychologist after all.

The usual bonus: