Chapter 19: Surprise, baby!

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

A/N: Was this story worth your time? I’m truly curious...it would help me make the decision to maybe take some classes and I have some original (I hope original haha) ideas for a book series. I’m aware that this story is not structured good, but I wrote it when inspiration hit me, more like a sketch. And I got to exercise my English skills.

Any comment is welcomed <3 Even if it’s criticism!!! That would actually be better :D

 

It was finally all good. Amelia was back to work, her relationship was back on track and life was definitely going better. She put a hand on her stomach and caressed it, smiling. We will tell daddy these days. I only need to make it special. Maybe you have an idea. She thought, reverting her attention back on the laptop.

“Amiiiiii!” her name was heard in the whole SM building. Amelia’s band was visiting and they were excited to meet the Super Junior members.

She put down her glasses on the desk (the ones that Donghae returned after filming ‘Superclap’ MV) and got up to go hug all of them. “Girls! I missed you so much.” She grew to love them while working with them and was glad she met them. “How come you’re visiting now?”

“What, we can’t visit our leader once in a while?” Olivia asked, crossing her arms at her chest.

“Sure you can. But you didn’t tell me.” She laughed.

“We wanted it to be a surprise.” Rina adjusted her skirt, feeling uncomfortable in her clothes. ”Ayra, why are you making me wear this? I want my pants back.”

“You have to wear more girly clothes because no guy will ever look at you.” She responded, making Rina pout.

“Rina, you can wear whatever you want. Don’t take Ayra’s words like that.” Amelia smiled at her. “But still, you pull it off really nice. Your legs are gorgeous!”

“And that’s one thing I missed a lot. You never push people to be something else. And you make them feel better.” She smiled back, squishing her friend out of love and sticking her tongue out at Ayra.

“Yeah, then how come your precious Kyuhyun, who’s coming this way, is checking you out?” Ayra put her hands on her hips, then she saw almost all the band was coming from rehearsal and fixed her posture.

“My love, how are you?” Donghae came close to Amelia, kissing her lips a little longer than he should and hugged her, wearing his bright smile. He was feeling happy once again and it showed.

“I’m fine, baby. You remember my band mates – this is Ayra, Rina and Olivia.” She introduced them to everybody as they only saw each other a brief moment at the concert.

“Hello, I’m Olivia and I’m from America.” She approached every guy and shook their hands, but Siwon caught her attention. Then the woman beside him, Ariana, shot her a death glare. “Bleh, the way she looks at me. Is she for real?” Olivia thought while introducing herself to her too.

“Hello, I-I’m Rina. I’m also from America, but I grew up in Korea when I was little because of my dad.” She put bowed to all of them, putting a strand of her long hair beside her ear and joining her hands together shyly.

“Hello, I’m Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you.” Kyu extended his hand and Rina took it. She received a small squeeze from him and a grin. She melted right in the spot, not being able to even mumble a nice to meet you back to him.

“And I’m Ayra from Malaysia. How are you all?” she waved her hand and locked eyes with Leeteuk. There was something about him that attracted her. By the way, remember when he was set up with a woman by Catherine? Yup, that didn’t work out. Teukie, Ayra is available tho.

“Will we see you at the event?” Leeteuk asked her, having this awkward, flirty look on his handsome face.

 “Yes, we will all be there.” She beamed at him, her eyes forming a small moon.

“What event?” Amelia asked while closing the laptop lid.

Everyone looked at each other, not knowing what to say. “Ryeowook’s discharge from army. It’s in one week.” Kyuhyun saved everybody.

“Yeah! You’re right, Kyu.” Eunhyuk punched his arm playfully.

“Poor guy, I’ve made his schedule until the end of the year already. He’ll be very busy.” Amelia felt sorry for him. “Anyway, let’s go get some food.” The boys went crazy at the sound of it because they were hungry and exhausted.

“I’m so hungry, babe.” Ariana clung to Siwon’s arms and used a fake voice to lure him.

“I’m so hungry, babe.” Olivia imitated her voice high-pitched, but low enough so that she didn’t hear, only making Amelia laugh out loud.

“Ami, you have to come with me.” Donghae stopped her from going with everybody else. “We will eat in a different place.”

“Huh? Why?” she watched confused as he got out a Ralph Lauren bag and took her hand.

“I managed to book the perfect table at the new restaurant downtown, which is kind of expensive, but as you can see, I’m treating my woman tonight.” He pecked her cheek, leading the confused Amelia to the car.

“Ok…still, what’s the occasion?”

“You’ll see.” He smirked, pulling the car out of the parking lot and waving to the guys. They were acting a little suspicious, but she shrugged it off because she was also tired and didn’t want to stress out too much. She was pregnant after all.

At her and Catherine’s apartment, they unpacked what Hae brought and started to get ready.

“Donghae…this dress is gorgeous!” Ami was amazed by the satin red dress. She loved the color because it was the classiest one and it looked so good at a date in an expensive restaurant. “But wasn’t it a bit too expensive?” she asked, worried.

“Don’t think about anything tonight. I took care of everything.” He said and put a white shirt on and arranged the deep blue jacket.

“This dress is everything! I’m in love with it, sweety!” she exclaimed, while checking herself out in the mirror. Donghae came behind her, kissing her neck and inhaling her scent.

“You are everything, Amelia. You make me happy and I hope we can build a beautiful family together in the future.” He kept his hands on her hips and put his forehead against hers.

“I would go to the moon and back with you. I guess this is my way of making it up to you…I love you, Lee Donghae!” she almost told him about their baby, but Donghae’s phone alarm went off and it indicated that they had 5 minutes more until they had to leave to the restaurant.

“I love you too, Amelia!” he pecked her forehead. “Now let’s hurry because we have to be there earlier. It’s more crowded than you think.”

“Sure. I’ll be ready in a bit.” She put her black heels on and sprayed more of perfume. She took a deep breath, embracing the fact that she had to tell him that night.

The restaurant wasn’t too far, but it was a 20 minutes ride. The whole ride, Donghae kept his hand on her thigh as much as he could. He would glance at her from time to time, smiling from ear to ear, he would sing along with the songs on the radio and he kept on tapping the wheel with his hand.

“Hae? Are you alright?” Amelia find it odd and couldn’t keep ignoring the behavior.

“I am just…happy.” He shot her a reassuring smile and parked the car. “We’re here.” He announced, jogging out of the car to go open the door for his lady.

The restaurant had the most refined theme: nature. It had all sorts of flowers on the walls, which smelled wonderful, the tablecloths were simple colors due to the multitude of flowers and the place was crowded already, but the tables were not close, so you couldn’t get the feeling that you can’t breathe. Donghae made the best choice of table, the view from the window being the whole city. Clock was showing 6 PM and the sun was setting down soon.

“What do you think?” Hae put a hand on her lower back, leading her to their table.

“Wow…it’s the most beautiful restaurant I’ve ever seen! I’m afraid to look in the menu.” She chuckled.

“It’s alright, don’t worry. I checked everything online.” He smiled comforting.

“Good evening, my name is Jiho and I’ll be your waiter for the night. Did you have time to look over the menu?” the cute waiter smiled at the couple, making Ami blush a bit. He was cute, alright? But not as cute as her date ;)

“Yes, Ami, do you mind if I pick something for both of us?” Hae watched her over the menu.

 “It’s alright I guess.” She shrugged. “Please note I’m super hungry though.” As soon as she said that, her stomach grumbled so loud both men could hear. The waiter tried to muffle his laugh.

“Alright, so I want the special number 2 and a champagne with strawberries.”

“No champagne!” Amelia realized that it had alcohol in it as soon as she heard the word.

“What? Why?” Donghae frowned.

“I…I’m going to explain a bit later. Please, no alcohol for me.” Her cheeks turned a bright red and she clenched the menu a bit harder.

“We have champagne for kids with no alcohol. Should I bring that? It tastes almost the same, but sweeter.”

“Yes, please do that, Jiho.” Hae gave the menu to him and nodded his head to the waiter, like making a sign.

“So, are you okay?” He reached out to grab her hand in his. She reached too and supported her head with the other hand.

“I am. Would you mind if I tell you a bit later? It’s good news, but I want to save it for last.” She squeezed his hand. She didn’t even comprehend the fact that he was buying champagne. You know, celebratory drink. They were about to celebrate something.

“It’s alright, sweet cheeks. We eat and then we can talk about anything you wish.” His eyes fixated on hers, with the loveliest look he could give. They were again in that relationship phase when they couldn’t be separated for a long time and were over the moon.

“Here is your food.” The waiter placed the food on the table. It was more American style, not Korean. They had soup with flower pasta in it, steak with a heart on it with roasted potatoes and dessert was served later. “If you need anything else, you can press this button under the table.”

“Thank you, Jiho!” Donghae spoke, sending him off. He was a respectful waiter and did his job impeccable, but he made Ami blush and Hae tried not to be bothered about it because it was a special night.

They started talking some gossips, about work and about the fact that Hyuk and Cat’s wedding was approaching. “I’m so happy for them! I have to plan her bridal shower too and I can’t get a hold of some friends for the date I set.” She pouted.

“You’ll find them eventually…speaking of…” when he said that, he pressed the button under the table 3 times and Jason Derulo’s ‘Marry me’ song started to play in the background, but Ami didn’t realize as she didn’t even know the song. He embraced her hand in both his. “I wish for us to get over those 2-3 years of constantly missing each other and to continue to be as unbreakable and in love as we are now and as we wore at the beginning. Even if it all started in your country, I hope we can keep up in Korea just as good. I’m sorry for being a jerk and not fighting for you.”

“Me too, Hae.” She kept her eyes on him, while he got up and out a small box, and let down on one knee. Amelia put a hand over , not believing what was happening and started to tear up, together with him.

“As every couple, he had our ups and downs, our good and bad, but you never ever left my mind, nor my heart. You are the love of my life and I want to spend every second of it  with you. Will you do me the honor to be your man forever? Amelia, will you marry me?”

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” she shouted, Donghae slipping the ring on her finger. They both got up and hugged tightly, “I love you so so much!!!” she cried, making him shed tears too.

Blue <3 (this is the engagement ring, duhh...making me want to get engaged so badly hahaha shh don't tell my boyfriend tho)

“Me too, baby!” they kissed and the waiter came with kids champagne and a cake reading ‘Congratulations’.

 “You caught me off guard.” She chuckled awkwardly and took a deep breath to calm herself. “I told you earlier I have to tell you something and this couldn’t be a better time to say it.”

Donghae was eager to know because what can be more important than their engagement? Even if his heart was trying to escape its cage in anticipation, he held off. Amelia started to chuckle at his cuteness and then regained herself.

“Your wish, our wish to have a family, may be fulfilled sooner.” She took a small breath before she continued. “Donghae, I’m pregnant.”

He took a second to filter the words and Ami couldn’t wait to see his reaction. “Baby, we’re going to have a child and without a doubt you are the father. I wasn’t with anybody while I was gone. And S-Siwon and I didn’t…you know…nothing happened.”

“I’m going to be a father AND I’m marrying the love of my life, who is the mother too?” he got up again and gave her a bear hug. She received it happily, kissing him over and over again.

“Time for dessert? Pleaaase~” she pouted. “I’ve been waiting for it the whole night.”

“Sure, love, have as much as you want.” He was smiling from ear to ear and couldn’t even take a bite. He let Amelia have the whole cake. It was small, but so good and soft. Like a chocolate mousse. Mmmm…

 

Bonus (my babyyyy <3): he is so loved by his fans aww Have you noticed that? I mean, look at that face!