Chapter 8: Last day of work and parteeeeyyy

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

“I’m so proud of you.” Donghae hugged Amelia, who was a crying mess. She was so happy Catherine was coming with her, she couldn’t contain her feelings. Your best friend being your actual and future co-worker, I’d be happy too if that were to happen!

“Thank you, baby. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for your praising and help.” They kissed, you know, like real couples do. Because they managed to get over the first stone in their way of happiness. They couldn’t care less what people around them thought and embraced the fact that they are officially together.

He broke the kiss, smiling. “I guess I can call you more than my fan now, can’t I?”

She chuckled. “Oh you gave me a scare back then when we first met. You asked me if I was yours. I chocked hard on that juice, mister.” She pointed a finger at him.

He took it and kissed it. “I’m sorry. I was taken aback by your beauty.”

“You’re too good at this game.” She grinned, taking his hand and going to where everybody was. “Guys, we take off now. It’s pretty late and I’m so tired. Tomorrow we also have the departure party.”

“Oh yeah, that party.” Catherine rolled her eyes. “Is it necessary?”

“Yes, it is. Our co-workers love us and they want to say goodbye properly.”

“Especially miss Thompson. How I’ll miss her.” She said sarcastically. At the sound of the girls’ boss, Donghae squeezed Amelia’s hand.

“What is it? Are you okay?” Ami whispered to him, who was having an anxious look.

“Nothing.” He faked a smile and kissed the back of her hand, reassuring her that he was doing fine. But that was a lie obviously. Miss T. was evil in disguise. She may be looking simply fake, but she’s more than that. She’s a b-...I’m gonna go grab a glass of water, if you all can excuse me.

“Alrighty then, let’s go hit the sack. Good night, everyone!” Ami waved at everybody.

“Good night, miss SJ manager and Donghae’s future wife.” Catherine yelled, making everyone look in the couple’s direction.

“What are you thinking?” Amelia put a hand over her friend’s mouth, but it was too late. Everyone started to laugh and Donghae turned fifty shades of red. Our Amelia was both red and laughing like crazy. “Thanks for ruining my night and embarrasing me. Best friend!”

They both went to the hotel room, Donghae being the one who drove the car. “Finally, you let me drive. I’m the man after all.”

“So, what, does that mean I have to cook all the time?” she raised a brow at him.

He chuckled, putting a hand on her tight. That particular action became his favorite. “No, you have to cook because I at it. I can only make ramen noodles and omelettes.”

“Well, you at everything then because I can make both so good you your fingers.”

“So you’re telling me you cook, dance, sing, drive and compose stuff better than me? What am I left with?”

“Hmmm...you are the best at courting me.” She winked.

“Don’t take it too seriously, but I’m not sure I want to take that as my talent.”

“Well, I would take it if I were you. Nobody managed to make my heart race like this.”

There was a red light, meaning that Donghae could look at Amelia. He wasn’t sure what to do, having the stupidest, most cutest smile-smirk ever. “Is that so?” he spoke softly, leaning in and watching how her lips part just a bit, almost like she wanted to say something, but nothing came out.

“Yeah.” She breathed out, feeling like her air was inhaled by someone else. Until their lips crashed and a few senconds in, they heard a loud horn form behind. The light turned green.

“I’m taking it then.” He smirked boastfully. After a few minutes, they were back at the hotel and in the room.

“So, party tomorrow, huh?” he took off his t-shirt. Stooooop. Is he mr. Muscle? If yes, he can clean my floors alright.

“Y-yeah. Can’t believe we’re leaving the company after two years. It’s not much, but it’s honest work.” She laughed, making a refference to the meme (google it up if you don’t know it, it’s funny).

“That’s something. Do you know what you’re going to wear?”

“I didn’t think about that. I’ll go with jeans and a blouse maybe.”

“Color of the blouse?”

She thought for a second, giggling when she realized. “Are you trying to match with me?”

“Maybe?” he showed her a charming smile. “You don’t want me to match with you?”

“Of course I want that, don’t be silly. Actually, you should show me what you brought here and I’ll tell you what’s a good match for what I have.”

“Perfect.”

 

Next day...

Amelia got up early, having some errands to run that day. She kissed the sleeping man on the lips, with whom she shared the bed for a few nights already, and left. She wrote a note for him: I had to get up early to run errands. Call me when you wake up.

P.S.: I bought a croissant for you to eat as breakfast. -your biggest fan <3

P.P.S: If I don’t respond to the call, we will see each other at the party.

And that’s what happened. They all went to the party, but Amelia got there a bit later due to issues with the bank. Also, her father wasn’t helping her case as he wasn’t sure about her future and wanted her to stay. She took extra time to explain to him why leaving for Korea was so important to her, but no results.

“Good, you’re here!” Catherine grabbed her by the arm and put her in front of the small bar. “I suppose you already saw.” She said, handing her a glass of vodka cranberry, Amelia’s favorite.

"See what?" She chocked down a few sips.

"Stop playing dumb with me, I know you are dying on the inside."

"No, seriously, what?" She kept on sipping on that delicious vodka.

Catherine literally took her face and made her look on the small dance floor that was formed. Ami rolled her eyes, saying "Yeah, yeah. I saw as soon as I entered the room..."

"And aren't you bothered?"

She shrugged, stuffing with tortillas. "Not really. I know she is a clingy ."

"Yes, but men are men and she is...well...not hot, but her body looks great."

She looked again. Catherine was right, but she trusted Donghae. "That ." Her jaw was hanging as soon as she saw her actions. Miss T. took his hands and put them on her hips, starting to grind on him.

"Told ya. He doesn't even pull back. He should have walked away from the beginning."

"Can I blame the guy, though? I've been pushing him away since we met." She felt my eyes becoming a bit teary, but hold it back as much as she could. Amelia was getting so mad...

"That is not your fault! You don't know what's going to happen. It's something you have to do so that your heart doesn't end up broken again. Plus, he seemed like he understood. Though, I can see the from an airplane."

"Stop...just stop." She put the glass down, pinching the space from between her eyes in order to stop the tears. She didn't want to become a mess at the party.

"I know what it has to be done. You have to make him jealous."

"Come on, that's not the answer. It's pathetic."

"Yes, but it's not as pathetic as sitting there on the dance floor, with your banana like a stone and not dance with your freaking girlfriend. That's the definition of pathetic." Catherine explained, trying not to speak too loud. Good thing the music was quite loud.

"You're right! What am I thinking? I have to do this if I want to get his attention."

"There you go! We're on the same page now. I know who is the right person to help you because he keeps looking at you." she made her eyebrows lift as if it was somebody special.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Are you sure he doesn't look at you? You look fantastic in your dress. I'm wearing these old jeans of mine." she pinched a small part of the jeans.

"You idiot, the jeans are so tight, your sticks out deliciously. And I'm sure he is looking at you because I left awhile ago and he kept his eyes here."

"Who is it?" she reverted all her attention on Catherine and her glass of pure happiness. She needed the alcohol to get her frustrations out of her system.

"Speaking of the devil. He's coming here. No other than the most handsome man voted a few years in a row."

"What?" She asked, confused.

A manly voice was heard in Amelia’s left ear, making her turn abruptly. "Hey, Amelia. Are you alright?"

"Oh, hey, Siwon. Y-yeah, I'm all good." She faked a smile. She was sure it looked fake because she is not good at lying. She was played before like that, it wasn't the first time.

"Just checking on ya. I saw you being upset and thought I should come and ask you."

"It's nothing. Really." he smiled back at her, but in a charming way. Or was it the vodka speaking? "I love this song!!" She shouted.

"Wanna dance?" he offered his hand. She smiled, genuinely this time, and took it.

It wasn't that slow of a song, but that was certainly the way to dance it: her arms around his neck, his on her lower back, but they still kept the distance. He came closer to her ear again. "He is not a jerk, I don't know what's happening."

She peaked at them, seeing how her head was on his chest. Oh how she wished she was there. Why? Just...why? She sighed loud enough for Siwon could hear. "I...I don't know either. He didn't even speak with me tonight, he kept on dancing with that-...woman."

"I know I'm religious, but you can swear in front of me." he chuckled, making her chuckle along.

"Yeah, I wanted to say . Because I know her and she really is like that...And I don't want to lower myself to that level."

He looked her in the eyes (with his gorgeous eyes), making her stomach cry for help. The vodka had a weird effect on Amelia. Maybe because she usually doesn't drink. "I respect that. I mean, I respect you. There are a few woman these days who are behaving like you."

"T-thanks..." she sighed again.

"But, you know what, it's not fair for you. I don't know what's happening, but he deserves to be jealous." Siwon brought me closer to him, slowly. "I can help if you allow me."

"Do you really think this is going to help?"

"No, this might." he kissed her cheek and tickled the other side of my ribs, making her laugh hard.

"I didn't know Choi Siwon was this good at playing foxy games." she continued to giggle.

"Maybe I'm way better than I thought. He is already peaking at us and departed from her. But don't look."

"No way! Oh it feels so good...wait, I have another idea." she smirked, leaning in for a kiss on his cheek. She giggled again and took his hand, dragging him outside.

"And the student became the teacher. Nice job." they high-fived as soon as they exit the room.

"You should shave that, my lips hurt a bit." she carresed his beard.

"You should have kissed my cheek less hard, miss vodka."

"That's true. Sorry." they both laughed. "Thank you for helping me."

"No problem. I won't let you alone this evening, you will end up crying."

"Are you a psychologist or something?"

"I wish. But I'm too handsome for that." he gave her a cheeky smile.

"And too cocky." she chuckled.        

 

On the dance floor...

 

Heechul tapped Donghae's shoulder. "Dude, she left with Siwon for real. It's too much already." 

"This means it's just you and me. Good for her." miss T smirked, putting her hands on his chest, getting dangerously closed to Hae.

 

Meanwhile between Cathrine and Eunhyuk...

 

“Are Donghae and Amelia alright? Why isn't Donghae telling me what's going on?” Eunhyuk approached Catherine, who was tipsy at that moment, trying to get some answers about his best friend. She stumbled while trying to get another glass of vodka, going straight into Hyuk’s arms. “Easy there.” He snickered, pulling her up.

“Lookz, you have to getz me a cab.” She mumbled. “I’m druuuunk. And I want to have fuuuun.”

“You want a cab to go home?” he asked.

“Didn’t chu hear me? I want to have fuuun. Drink with me.” She gave him a small glass to fill it with vodka, but trust me, that was the hardest thing to do when you are woozy.

"I'll get you a cab, but I'm taking you home." he put away the glass and helped her get to the exit, but taking care that she took her purse and phone.

"Ok, ok..." she mumbled, dissapointed.

In the cab, obviously Catherine couldn't even stand properly in her seat, meaning that our Hyukjae had to support her. She put her head on his chest, while having him wrap an arm around her to keep her as safe as she could be. She drove off to sleep, making him smile from ear to ear. He actually enjoyed having a relationship, but he got tired of being played by women and he became a player himself. Alright, not a player, but someone emotionless and cold towards relationships. And he wasn't going around and having one-night stands, but he was frustrated sometimes and had to get it out somehow - via making erted jokes or just joking around.

"Pssst...Catherine...wake up." he slightly pushed her, receiving a 'five more minutes, mom' reply. He chuckled, making her wake up lightly. 

"Hmmpf, you smell so good. Holy ..." she lifted her head, her face being close to Eunhyuk's face. "H-how much have I zlept?...slept."

"A good..." he looked at his watch. "...15 minutes." 

"Oh...thank you for bringing me home." she looked sleepy outside the window.

"We are not at your house. We're at the hotel I'm staying in. You were stuttering too much and I couldn't catch what you were saying. It's hard with all the English too..." he paid the driver and got out of the car quickly in order to open the door for the lady in distress.

"Zo, we're not home." she clinged to his arm, a bit too hard tho, but Hyuk could support her body weight. It's not news that he works out and looks amazing.

"No, I'm going to take care of you. Such young and beautiful lady like you shouldn't drink that much."

"I'm not a drunkard. Oh, oops, you made me beautiful." she giggled. "If you tell me stuff like that, I might tell you stuff about me."

"As a matter of fact, I'd like to know more about you." he opened the door with the keys with a swift move. He didn't drink at all. Actually, he hoped he would get to know Catherine more. I know, he was kind of a douche at first when walked in the building, but something made him revert all his attention to Amelia's best friend. She was indeed beautiful - she had long hair, naturally wavy, almost as tall as Hyuk

"Eunhyuk-ah! I want coffee. I need it...I shouldn't be as tipsy." she the TV, staying on the edge of the bed.

"I'm going downstairs to get us some coffee then. Make yourself comfortable...and I'm locking the door. Just to keep you safe, I promise."

"It'z fine. Don't worry, I wish I would get abducted by somebody like you." she giggled, watching the TV like she said nothing weird at all.

"You shouldn't worry about that anyway." he laughed at her silliness. "It's not going to take more than five minutes."

She only nodded at him. He went down to get two coffees, strong. He also needed them as the time frame in European countries were making him tired and sleepy all the time. She's so cute. Eunhyuk, please retain yourself. Of course I am. It's just...is it possible I like her and want to date her?...We'll see.

He returned to the room, on the second floor to be more specific. Opening the door, he found Catherine watching a romantic comedy on the tv, laughing like crazy. 

"Come here, this guy, Adam Sandler, is my favorite comedy actor and this movie is cracking me up. Have you seen it?"

He watched a bit and gave Catherine her coffee. "I didn't watch it. I don't usually watch romantic comedies. I mean, let's face it, those are for women."

"You're right. But you must have had girlfriend who made you watch movies like this."

He didn't expect such response from her and chocked a bit on the coffee as it was a bit too hot too. "I didn't live with my ex's. And we couldn't really go out in the open at movies."

"Oh...that's....sad? But at the same time, you didn't miss on anything. Trust me."

"Yeah...I see you feel better." he laughed, eating a peanut. He was so considerate he also took a few bags of stuff to eat <3

She chuckled awkwardly. "It seems like the dizziness is gone and I feel better indeed." she took a few peanuts herself.

"Can I call you Cat? I find it cool and easier to pronunce."

"You can call me however you wish. I'm just kidding when I call you Eunhyuk-ah, by the way." 

"I know. Don't worry. You can call me Hyuk as it's easier and comes from my real name, Hyukjae."

"Hyukjae, huh? I like it better." they both locked glances, but let me tell you, they are different from Donghae and Amelia. Catherine is more straightforward and Eunhyuk is much fierce. And I shouldn't continue narrating as our (second, sorry) favorite couple escalated quickly. They ripped each other's clothes after that simple glance. I guess the tension was too much for them. 

The next morning, the couple woke up in each other's arms. Yes, like in movies, they woke up at the same time. Catherine detached immediately from him, looking down to see she was wearing a t-shirt and . She threw a worried glance at Eunhyuk.

"I...we...do you remember last night...?" he stuttered, scared of what she would think, say, do.

"Yes, yes. I remember everything. The glance, the t-tension...your killer moves." she breathed out. Wow, she had a hangover with sweating and a bit of a headache. She caught her head in her hands. "This was all just a big mistake. Let's forget it and never speak about it again. Especially with Amelia and Donghae."

"Agreed." Eunhyuk barely said that word because inside, he didn't think it was a mistake. He was completely sober and enjoyed the night, finally feeling like he found something good...a treasure.

 

A/N: Soooo...Eunhyuk and Catherine, huh? I'm having a plan for those two and it's indeed different from my favorites haha Working on the next chapter already, having half of it already ;) 

Bonus: