Chapter 1: A story should have a beginning...

When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY0Y8MWFmbY – wtf duuude (my first reaction to the video)

A/N: I forgot about that performance and it was a true inspiration for this fanfic. I don't know how long it's going to be the story (it will not exceed 10 chapters). I'm still writing it, but I passed the first half...I think so...that's not a good thing to tell your future readers. Enjoy anyways!

Oh btw, when you see italic writing (this one), it means that it's the character’s thoughts.

Note 2: I said it won’t exceed 10 chapters, I was so wrong!

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Super Junior was having a concert in the neighborhood country. I quickly closed the Facebook post and googled a website to procure my ticket. Wow, I said to myself while adjusting the laptop glasses on my nose, like it was supposed to make me see better. You know, those glasses which have yellow lenses and no diopters because my eyesight is good and I only use them for protection. There’s only two VIP tickets left, gotta move faster. I clicked it, typed my personal info and I was so happy to see that the bank account was easily recognized and everything went smoothly. Even if the website didn’t have any fireworks, I was seeing them as there were 0 tickets left when I re-checked after the lucky purchase.

Wait, am I really going to see SJ like a VIP? I sighed, putting my hands on the back of my head, a smile plastered on my face. And I’m going to take photos with them, talk to them and see them in their glorious concert. If my heart doesn’t stop then, I don’t know when it will. Not literally…I should stop using metaphors like that. I creep myself out…Ok, I’m a weirdo. Shaking my head and opening my eyes, I continued with the plane ticket and the hotel room. I swear I could hear my savings account cry. But it was for the greatest cause! First time at a Super Junior Super Show.

On the way to the concert…

If that was what being high on ecstasy felt like, then I was super high. My head felt light and boy, I thought I was having issues with directions, but then, I lost even the rate of breathing. With every minute closer to the hotel check-in, I felt my heart wanting to leave the chest cavity and bounce on the fluffy clouds. Good thing cabs are easy to find and the driver was really kind to let me just look out the window, not bothering me with any of his thoughts or stories. I told you that my bank account was sobbing, well, I managed to get a room right in the hotel next to the place where the concert was being held. That was for sure one of a kind experience and I would remember it for the rest of my life. My gut feeling was giving me signals that something great was going to happen and I was sure because I trusted my instincts.

It was two in the afternoon when I did the check-in process, going straight to the room to take a shower and change into the concert outfit I prepared. I think I reevaluated my whole autumn wardrobe and I spent some more money on other clothes that were ‘cuter’ and ‘more attractive’ than what I already had. I was wrong, of course, but that explained a bit how it’s like to be a woman. I was in my late 20s, no boyfriend at that time (that would explain some of the weirdness and loneliness, but I went through a bad breakup a couple of years back) and with no hope whatsoever that I could find the right guy still being in my 20s.

I snap out of my thoughts as the smell of coffee hit my nostrils, together with the smell of autumn, it was simply wonderful. That was my first stop when I went out of the hotel. I couldn’t just watch TV in such a beautiful country, which was also covered with all kinds of leaves. Even if I felt a bit sick at my stomach, not sure if from the plane or the excitement, coffee was always making me feel better. There were tons of ELFs there, all speaking different languages, but I only concentrated my hearing on the English conversations. Even though it wasn’t too respectful of me, I couldn’t help myself as I eavesdropped on two girls. They were looking young, early 20s maybe? Their convo was all about how ‘hot’ and ‘steamy’ Leeteuk’s abs were. Come on, how about his leader skills? His charisma and style? Tsk. I shook my head at the childish remarks, but after all, I would be like that too if I had an ELF with me to share the experience with. Unfortunately, SJ wasn’t as popular in my country.

Taking the last sip of the most delicious coffee, I wanted to get up to leave, but SuJu started playing in the background, making everybody go wild. I decided to embrace the full experience and I also got a croissant and sat back down to enjoy the atmosphere. I couldn’t help but wonder, what if really one of them or even all of them were to make an entrance in the coffee shop. As if somebody heard my thoughts, two handsome men entered, all the girls gathering around them.

It can’t be. Come on…The words faded away in an echo in the back of my mind, my body being glued to the chair. It was really the most attractive man in the world (for me), Lee Donghae. And he was accompanied by no other than Choi Siwon. Other bias list wrecker. But the image in front of me was both hilarious and sad. They looked like they couldn’t breathe being surrounded by so many girls. Poor guys. I’ll just pass them to the exit. I can’t stay here like this. With that in mind, I put my cozy coat on and wrapped the waist purse in her place. Looking up to go, I saw a pair of chocolate brown eyes fixated on me. It was truly him. I looked behind me because I didn’t trust my eyes at that moment. Nobody. Is he really looking at me? Nah. I headed to the front door. Out of the tail of my eye I saw him watching me. I’m must be delusional.

I was outside, but I still couldn’t breathe properly. It was like his glances devoured every inch of air that reached my nostrils. What was I supposed to do at the concert, standing there so close to them and then even meeting backstage? The answer was as simplest as it could be. Relax. Breathe. Good thing I learnt breathing technics in yoga class.

I searched Google maps and saw a small park five minutes away from the hotel. Yes, that was exactly what I needed. Usually I listen to music while on the street (it’s not safe, but I’m the kind of person who is always aware of what’s going on around me, unagi for Friends fans out there), but not this time. I took in every activity the locals were having, like watering their flowers from the window, taking their dogs out for a walk, shopping or just stroll.

I looked at the clock to see I had one hour till the concert. So, I decided to spend 30-40 minutes in the park. I spotted a bench not too in the sight. Looking around, I was lost in all kinds of thoughts. Ahem, fantasies. Shut up crazy inner me. You are so eager to meet him for real. You have all these emotions because you know you get to see him backstage. I told you to shut up…Pssst. He also looked at ya.

Concert time…

I was expecting to be all SJ related stuff, but it was a normal concert setting. Everything was organized and it was so easy to find your seat, the bathroom and even the merchandise store. I got from the store the cutest light stick with ‘Fishy~’ written on it. I thought I had to at least get a light stick because I wasn’t dressed in blue or any fan-related pieces of clothing. A simple blouse, black jeans and boots.

“In 10 minutes, the concert will start. Please find your way to your seats.” A feminine voice was heard in the speaker in the whole building. I bought a bottle of water and headed to the front row. Then I realized it was too good to be true. Of course it’s good. You bought the nearest seat to the stage, you idiot. My inner me was working against myself and I didn’t know why. Why was I denying my actions?

The minutes flew by fast, the lights went out and a video started to play on the big screen in front me. I was shaking from excitement. I wasn’t like other fans to concentrate on taking photos or video every move of the guys. I just wanted to feel everything and remember it as much as I could. Plus, when ‘Superman’ started playing loud, the men appearing one by one and it was marvelous. I could watch such great performances every freaking day.

The time for solos was starting. Every member got a lucky fan on the stage, according to their choice of song. The last one to go was Donghae. My heart was beating so fast again as I knew I had a chance, but they all picked girls not from the front row. It was actually making sense in a way because the others weren’t so fortunate to see them as VIPs. Before his song started to play, I spotted him standing and watching from where he had to come on the stage. He was waving at everybody, smiling like a happy kid, but he seemed to be examining the rows. Is he choosing who to pick up on stage?

‘Nice and slow’ by Usher could be heard in the loud speakers, together with Donghae’s angelic voice. He took off his coat, leaving him in his plain white shirt and black pants. Truly classic. My mouth felt dry and I had goosebumps on all body parts. I reached for the water bottle, but I couldn’t concentrate as the girls sitting on my sides went nuts. I reverted my gaze up only to find a manly hand wanting to reach mine. He put away the water bottle, taking my hand to help me up the stage.

He laughed while singing seeing my confused expression, giving me a glass a water. I took a sip and I felt like it got stuck in my throat. I’m on the stage. I didn’t know what to do….At least smile!! You are known for your heartbreaker smile. That’s when my lips mouthed a ‘thank you’ and the corners went up in the killer, flirty beam. I thought I got a bit of the situations in my hands, but I was so wrong. He took the glass and splashed it all over his chest, earning shouts from all the fans there.

I gulped, my naughty eyes staring at the wet muscled chest. My mind flashed the time he danced on the same song at a Super Junior M concert in Hong Kong a long time ago. The video was killing me just by watching it on a screen, but being on stage, receiving a treatment which started to feel like a torture, was something else. His soft hand took mine again in his. It’s so warm. My God, and his eyes. Even if the speakers were loud, I could only hear him singing in front of me, using all those romantic and seductive words.

He placed me down on the small couch, following his dance routine, which consisted in different moves than the ones from the concert in Hong Kong, but still as exciting. He touched my cheek, my hair, even took me by my waist and started to slow dance with me. I was in Heaven. I shivered in his arms, because of excitement of course, but he might have felt it because his grip tightened on me. Maybe because he was freaking wet and passed me the wetness…

Good thing the song lasted a couple of minutes as it was too much for me. He thanked everyone and put his coat around the still shivering me. I looked at him with a confused face, wanting to go back to my seat, but he got closer to my ear and said, “Come with me in the backstage.” I nodded, letting him lead the way. It was actually easy because his arm was around me in an almost tight grip.

“I’m sorry!” he bowed to me, “I didn’t think about the fact that I would hug you and make you wet. You’re still shivering!”

“It’s alright, don’t worry about it! Your coat is keeping me warm. Thank you.” Why did my voice crack like that? I cleared my throat.

“The concert is almost over, that’s why I took you backstage already. You were in the VIP section anyway.” He opened a door with ‘Makeup’ written on it. All the guys were there.

“H-hello!” I waved and smiled.

“Hi!! Nice to meet you!” Leeteuk came to shook my hand.

“Hyung, please take care of her. She is VIP, so she was coming here anyway. Oh and noona, please give her new clothes.” Donghae asked of his manager and probably the staff. I understood some of his Korean as I took classes in college. He tapped my shoulder to get my attention as I was talking with everybody there (they were around me like puppies wanting attention…), “We have to get on the stage for a few more minutes to end the show. I asked noona here and hyung to take care of you while we are gone, okay?”

“I’m all good. I’ll wait for you!” I watched his eyes again. It was a warmth in them that I couldn’t quit put my finger on. It felt so familiar.

“Don’t run anywhere! I’ll find you~” he sang to me and laughed.

“I won’t. Now go, don’t let the ELFs wait.” And so they all ran towards the exit and up the stage to end the concert.

“Sorry, I don’t speak English well. Here.” The girl from the staff showed me a whole wardrobe of feminine blouses. I took a red tight blouse that went perfectly with my black jeans and brown boots. I waited about ten minutes before I heard them again, all energetic. They took a few more girls who bought VIP tickets and they were doing fanservice for them. Donghae came straight to me and took my hand again in his. What’s up with that? Touching barriers are overrated for him, huh?

“You’re mine, aren’t you?”

I chocked on my own saliva, What’s up with him?, and whispered after recovering a bit a “What?”

“I mean, you are my fan, right? ELFish.” He said with the cutest Engrish ever.

“Oh. You mean if you are my bias?” I didn’t even realize we went to a bigger room with food and music, but not too loud. It was actually their rehearsal room (please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M146nXXTYg ). “Neorago, nan neoppunirago~” I sang to him, earning the most charming smirk. When I took a more attentive glimpse at his features, his expression showed how tired he was: puffy eyes, pale face and the way he was moving, it was a bit in slow motion.

“So, where are you from?” he poured some juice in two cups and handed me one, all his attention being on me. I also saw how he was naturally analyzing me. What, now you think he likes you? It’s all just a coincidence. I was having an internal conflict, but on the outside I was looking calm.

“I’m from *random European country*.” As soon as he heard the name, he yelled at everybody to pay attention to him.

“Manager-nim, she is from *European country*!” they all shouted as if they won a prize. I understood what Donghae told his manager in Korean as it was a simple sentence too.

“The reason why the boys are so hyped up is because we were planning to come to that European country and we didn’t know who to contact in regards of that.” He spoke English so fluently I remained with my mouth hanged open. Well, mostly because of the fact that I realized I could have paid so much less and wait a bit more for them to come to my country instead of flying in a different country. “And maybe you can help us set things there.”

“Oh wow…that would be awesome!” I giggled, seeing how Donghae tried to contain himself. He was trying so hard, but when Eunhyuk hugged him brotherly, he erupted.

“You will be paid by SM and you are going to have a contract. We can discuss next morning if possible.”

“Yes, that’s alright. I’m leaving tomorrow in the evening anyway.”

“Perfect! Then, it’s settled.” He shook my hand in an official manner. All of a sudden, everybody was hugging us. We spent a nice evening together, me bonding with everybody, dancing and chatting as much as the language barrier allowed us. It was easier when I could say stuff in Korean and them in English. They were indeed the nicest people. That night I had time to calm my nerves and try to be more professional as I was going to be project manager for a Super Show!

 

A/N: There you go! First chappie :D Bonus time: