pt. 17

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

that night baekhyun had mustered up some excuse to justify his lashout and now all he had to do was present it with the upmost care and believability; that was one thing baekhyun was good at, making people believe him.

believable smiles, believable tears.

he never did mind it though, it got him what he wanted in life, it got him where he was now, it got him kyungsoo. and he knew he could pull it off again.

and he was certain the bouquet of vividly coloured chrysanthemums would do the trick.

he dusted his shirt in the mirror, running his fingers through his hair to adjust the one strand that was out of place. everything had to be perfect. he couldn't mess up again.

he made his way outside, down to the all familiar bookstore; it was becoming like a second home, mostly because it was so associated with kyungsoo.

his heart began to speed up as he reached the door, finally after these longing days he'd be with kyungsoo. it wouldn't be like when he saw him last night because kyungsoo would acknowledge him in return; kyungsoo would give him his attention.

those big brown eyes and plump lips, his thick brows and dark hair.

the door opened with the familiar ding of the bell indicating a new customer, the familiar smell of dusty shelves and fresh leather books.

but baekhyun froze, his face immediately forming an expression of disgust and confusion, his eyebrows furrowed and lips turned down in a frown at the bookstore employee.

most importantly, the bookstore employee that wasn't kyungsoo.

baekhyun stepped forward, his movements harsh as he reached the counter.

"who the are you?" baekhyun spat, he couldn't help it, he felt as though it was justified especially since he got his hopes up at the thought of kyungsoo.

the unfamiliar bookstore employee stood shocked for a second, his eyebrows furrowing, "maybe if you took the time to check my name tag instead of spitting at me, you'd get your answer."

baekhyun pursed his lips, he'd already made his mind up about this male, he didn't like his attitude one bit. his eyes drifted to his name tag, jongdae.

"where is kyungsoo?"

"i don't know, at his house?" jongdae's voice was uncertain as he looked the male in front of him up and down, his eyes lingering on the bouquet of flowers, "it's his day off anyways."

baekhyun didn't recall kyungsoo having a day off, "when was that a thing?"

"i don't know, since i started," jongdae sighed, "can i actually help you with something?"

"no, no," baekhyun gritted his teeth, this didn't go to plan. it was supposed to be him entering the bookstore, kyungsoo's face lighting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter