pt. 12

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

baekhyun went to the bookstore the next day to pay for his book loan, his heart skipping a beat when he noticed kyungsoo behind the till but his back was faced to him as he sorted out the shelves behind him.

staring at kyungsoo's behind was still just as good.

he cleared his throat as he made his way over with the envelope of money, with a specific note just for kyungsoo.

the smaller turned at the sound of a stranger and baekhyun was sure he saw stars when kyungsoo's eyes immediately lit as he smiled just for him.

"hey there." the deep voice greeted him and baekhyun could've melted in the spot.

"i've got a loan to pay up." baekhyun spoke up as he placed the envelope down.

baekhyun watched kyungsoo's round eyes stare at the envelope before shaking his head and pushing it back, "just keep the book, baekhyun."

baekhyun furrowed his brows, how else was he supposed to visit kyungsoo, especially since this was his excuse to show up to the bookstore.

"no, i can't—"

"let me repay you for dinner, okay?" kyungsoo interrupted, "besides if anyone desperately wants that book then i'll know where you are." he smiled.

baekhyun let out a sigh, but reluctantly put the note in his pocket, he just wanted to spend time with kyungsoo and it seemed like he was pushing him away. baekhyun frowned at the thought, of course he wasn't. kyungsoo wouldn't do that to him.

he brought his attention to the smaller, putting on a smile but was interrupted when kyungsoo spoke up.

"hi, sweetie, are you ready to pay?" his voice because more soft spoken as he addressed it towards the small girl at the counter.

baekhyun moved out the way slightly, he didn't even notice there was another person in this store. he knew he shouldn't be this envious deep down but kyungsoo never called him 'sweetie' before.

he watched kyungsoo take the books from the small child, watching him smile softly to himself. did kyungsoo like children?

baekhyun, never liked children, he despised them, they were naive little creatures but if kyungsoo adored them he was sure to change that about himself.

he watched attentively as kyungsoo gave the small girl the correct amount of change and the book back after scanning it.

baekhyun looked at the cover it was something to do with a cat or a dog, he couldn't care, he just didn't like how kyungsoo spoke so softly to her. how she took all his attention.

as the girl turned from the counter, baekhyun outstretched his leg, acting just as surprised as kyungsoo as she tripped over, her book falling from her grasp as she met the floor.

baekhyun gasped, "are you alright?" he crouched down, as he collected her book, his eyes meeting the girl's confused ones.

he watched her cautious movements as she slowly nodded and took the book from his hands.

baekhyun just smiled, smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter