pt. 32

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pleased hums left baekhyun's lips as he opened the sturdy apartment door, the struggle with opening and closing it wasn't going to hinder his current mood.

for the first time in months he finally saw kyungsoo, and it wasn't like he just suddenly noticed him from across the street. the male spoke to him, interacted with him even sat in his car with him.

baekhyun was pretty sure this was the best day ever.

"why are you so happy?" a familiar voice scoffed.

baekhyun turned from hanging up his coat and taking off his shoes, eyeing up him roommate who was on sprawled on the couch, his brown eyes flickering back to the television.

"i got fired today."

"and that's something to be happy about?" his roommate rose a brow, baekhyun disappearing into the small kitchen and grabbing an apple, "you still need to pay your rent."

"oh, don't on my mood, minseok." baekhyun hissed as he took a bite from the fruit, munching with his mouth open deliberately to irritate the male even more.

it wasn't strange living so closely to a past obsession, especially minseok, that was only because he saw the male almost everyday. they went to the same university and did the same forensics course.

he desperately needed somewhere to stay after the whole ordeal but deep down he wanted to see if he could still feel something for someone from the past and kyungsoo was a person from past now that he was gone; that he had walked out on him.

yet no mattered how hard he tried he couldn't feel anything. minseok didn't spark anything in him, he was just someone who could help him have a roof over his head; he wasn't kyungsoo.

baekhyun was slightly alarmed and confused at the fact that kyungsoo never left his mind after he abandoned him at the apartment all those months ago. usually if an obsession called things off baekhyun wouldn't bat a single eyelash as he indulged into someone better, someone who he thought was more meaningful, more fun and entertaining.

someone like kyungsoo.

"you saw him today, didn't you?" minseok spoke up, crossing his arms over his chest as he eyed up the lingering smile on baekhyun's lips.

"mhm." baekhyun hummed as he leaned on the kitchen counter, his eyes fixated on the sitting male in the living room, "problem?"

"no," minseok's voice was high with uncertainty, "i just think it was a bad idea."

"well, i didn't go out of my way for it to happen." baekhyun hissed, "he went to the restaurant and so happened to sit at one of my tables, then as soon as he saw me he came running into my arms." he chuckled. it did go like that in baekhyun's mind, even if the running into his arms was to push him into the table behind him.

"so, it went well?" minseok rose a questioning brow.

"it was fantastic." baekhyun replied, ditching his half eaten apple on the counter top, then entered the bathroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter