pt. 28

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the two sat on the sofa, baekhyun insisting on bandaging kyungsoo's arm which the latter didn't protest to.

baekhyun made sure to bandage it ever so carefully, not wanting to hurt kyungsoo; especially after what he just pictured himself doing to him.

they didn't speak whilst baekhyun tended to kyungsoo's wounded arm. they didn't know what to say.

baekhyun didn't move away from kyungsoo's arm when he was finished, he kept his hand on the fresh bandage, gently his thumb against it.

"baekhyun." kyungsoo spoke up with a drawn out sigh.

the said male looked up, his eyes locking with kyungsoo's round ones, waiting to hear a response from his deep voice.

"if i'm going to stay here, i need you to understand where i'm coming from with all of this, you need to know that i can't suddenly change the way i'm feeling."

baekhyun took a deep breath as he looked back down, trying his best to stay civil with kyungsoo. he knew he was gullible to think things would be perfect with the male especially after everything kyungsoo learned about him. "i know." he replied.

"i need you to be honest with me, if i want to know something about you then you need to answer me truthfully," kyungsoo sighed, his eyes locked on the male across from him, "and don't be an about it, okay?"

baekhyun slowly nodded. he knew if things were going to change between them it had to be that. baekhyun knew he couldn't lie, relationships had to be built on trust. "okay."

"are you really going to stay with me?" baekhyun questioned, his eyes scanning kyungsoo's brown ones to make sure he was being genuine with his answer.

the male nodded in response and baekhyun couldn't suspect anything wrong with it, anything that could mean kyungsoo was lying to him.

"thank you."

he let a small smile rest in his lips at that. kyungsoo wasn't going to leave him, he wouldn't tell anyone. he knew he could trust him. now all he had to do was wait; wait for kyungsoo to process his feelings about all of this and baekhyun knew he could, especially if it meant kyungsoo would stay with him.

✦✦✦

baekhyun stared at the ceiling in the pitch black bedroom. these past few days had been a mess, yet baekhyun found relief in them.

he had finally told kyungsoo what he did, he finally got the weight of jongin's murder off of his chest.

kyungsoo knew what he was like; no other obsession had took the time to bother, they just walked out as soon as things seemed slightly off or alarming with baekhyun. yet kyungsoo stayed.

baekhyun rolled over on his side, a deep sigh leaving his lips as he quietly examined kyungsoo, who's eyes were fluttered closed, steady continuous breaths leaving his parted lips. baekhyun reached out, gently playing with kyungsoo's loose hair between his fingertips.

touching kyungsoo meant everything to him, it was like a warm cup of hot chocolate on a cold winters day.

it meant even more right now than it did before because kyungsoo stayed with him. he wanted to thank him, thank him more than the quiet words he uttered earlier but he never was good with those sorts of things. he had never thanked an obsession before; he never thought he would need to.

he figured that he should start on that another time, not when kyungsoo was sleeping beside him. he leaned over, leaving a gentle kiss on the sleeping male's cheek before rolling over and getting comfortable.

✦✦✦

kyungsoo's eyes opened once he heard baekhyun roll onto his side. the small act of affection making the choice he wanted to make so difficult.

he to his back with a deep sigh, his eyes trailing up at the ceiling. he didn't know what to do. he wanted to find it within him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter