pt. 38

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kyungsoo’s eyes widened at the text message on his phone, “oh my god.” he mumbled.

he quickly made his way up the stairs to his bedroom, flinging the door opening. a deep sigh soon left his lips at the sight of the male who hadn’t moved from this morning. 

“baekhyun!” kyungsoo called out, his phone still tight in his grasp. he rolled his eyes as baekhyun merely groaned in response, not waking up like he’d hoped he would.

he let out a huff as he made his way over, hitting his shoulder and shoving him, the male groaning in response. kyungsoo eventually managed to get a groggy response from him, “what?”

“i’ve literally shouted on you for this long all you say is what?” kyungsoo let out a deep sigh as he plonked himself down on his bed just beside where baekhyun was laying. 

“what is it?” baekhyun questioned again, his voice thick with sleep. it didn’t help when kyungsoo shoved his phone screen in his face. he squinted his eyes at the blaring light, trying his best to focus on what kyungsoo was showing him. 

he managed to make out what was on the screen. he took the device from kyungsoo, surprised the male let him take it from him. it was a couple text messages, baekhyun eventually figuring out who it was from the contact name, ‘irene’. 

his eyes slowly fell on the last text message from her, it was an address. and baekhyun knew fine well what this meant now.

he couldn’t understand why his heart slowly sunk at that. 

this is what he wanted, right?

he looked up from the phone, eventually handing it back to the male beside him, his eyes focused on the ceiling as he began to process everything. 

this could be it. he felt as thought he’d gotten lucky last time that his mother was no longer there but now they knew where she was now. 

he had no idea how he was going to handle this, he could barely cope with any little mention or reminder from his childhood. how was he supposed to handle meeting his mother after all these years?

he knew his father wouldn’t be there, and he was still only processing the news about what had happened to him. it made sense, it was like a puzzle piece had clicked together. his father was dead and he was still letting it sink in. it was almost as if he was mourning, he didn’t know why, when he hadn’t seen the man in years. it just made him feel more alone than before. 

“so, we’ll go tomorrow?” kyungsoo spoke up from the silence from baekhyun, a little alarmed that he hadn’t uttered a single word, he was just staring at the ceiling. 

kyungsoo couldn’t stop the small frown from forming on his face. the sight of baekhyun right now pitied him, he’d noticed a shift in him, ever since the topic of family had been brought up and until now. the male was too distant and quiet now, especially after visiting the apartment complex a couple days ago. 

“we don’t have to go.” kyungsoo eventually spoke up again. 

baekhyun let out a deep sigh, bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter