pt. 7

Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the bookstore wasn't open for 3 days but now it was finally open, baekhyun would've been over the moon, if there was still the lingering thought of kim jongin.

he just always had to find a way to make it all about himself, didn't he?

but there wasn't any topic about him, nothing about a strange disappearance, introducing the idea that kyungsoo must've been the quiet type, not wanting drama and baekhyun couldn't agree more.

and besides, jongin was a grown man who was capable on his own, baekhyun had learnt through studies that people didn't really get involved unless it was a helpless child.

jongin wasn't a helpless child.

but he wouldn't let this thoughts bring him down, nothing could stop him from finally getting started with kyungsoo. with the beginning of unravelling a completely new stranger.

how exciting.

he always loved a fresh start, a clean slate after an obsession.

he wanted to know everything about kyungsoo, more than what jongin mentioned. he wanted to know tiny small details up to the large parts. there was lots of things to know about one specific person. baekhyun wanted to know it all.

he made his way down from his apartment, the route was so simple, so prefect. it was as if it was meant to be.

he made his way inside the store, the ring of the bell above the door indicating his presence. he didn't need to pay for his book loan for a couple more days but maybe buying a book would set some sort of trust.

baekhyun's eyes flickered up to the bookstore employee's who acknowledged his presence with a small smile but it wasn't a real one. it wasn't the ones he saw when he was here the first.

the male's round eyes twinkled with something.

sadness.

baekhyun gave a small smile in return as he began to examine the shelves of books. he was correct, kyungsoo was dealing with his current breakup. he knew it would be confusing for him, jongin just up and leaving but baekhyun knew he'd be there. slip into a hard time that kyungsoo wouldn't even question it.

he grabbed a book from the shelf and another one, not even taking a second glance at what they were even about. he made his way to the counter.

"hi again."

baekhyun fought back the squeal, kyungsoo remembered him.

"hi," baekhyun smiled, his fingers still rested on the hard cover of the books below him, "just these please."

kyungsoo nodded and scanned the books, "fan of harry potter?" he asked.

baekhyun didn't even notice that was the book he picked up, "yeah, i'm a big fan."

kyungsoo lips curled but it still wasn't that same smile baekhyun wanted to see again, the same smile that left baekhyun wanting more.

"busy day?" baekhyun questioned.

"no, not really."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter