Prospective

Interim

Lisa and Jacob decided to ditch their usual alcohol in the arvo for the other usual meat pie and red bull combo. Jacob was supposed to pick up Lisa at her flat but Lisa insisted to take the tram instead.

Meat pie and Red Bull please."

"Just like the old times huh?"

"Like the old times"

"God, how I missed Coles"

It took a few minutes for the both of them to be comfortable around each other. They shared shy smiles and proceeded to admire the scenery and the harmony of continual chit chat surrounding their favorite snack place.

At the back of their minds, both of them knew how long it was since the last time they saw each other and how that last conversation went. 

Yes, they were constantly checking up on each other via social media and text messages, both would share updates on their life's activities as promised. There was no doubt that the two of them were constants in each other's lives and life as it is, built a strong pillar of friendship between them.. through some rather odd situation in the past.

Or at least that's how Jacob would describe it. They were relatively young back then but Jacob felt like they were too old for their age. Old souls as one may put it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been 7 years since Jacob left Lisa.

Jacob had a dreadful life as a young lad. He was awfully quiet since he would stutter as he spoke. Jacob wasn't proud of it, some would and bully him until he can no longer tolerate it. He would spend his lunchtime at the loo, crying and drowning himself in pity. Wondering why life is torturing him in indescribable ways.

Jacob never found his voice. Jacob never appreciated words and phrases as he seemed to have the most difficult time dealing with it, hell, living with it. It was of no meaning to him. It never gave meaning to his life; as if every word he spoke was coerced out of him as he struggle to put his thoughts into words. Growing up in a family wherein everyone had something to say and if someone disagreed, it was pure chaos and mockery. Walk of shame-rather keep my mouth shut kind of-placement. Jacob's parents were in the entertainment industry but can't seem to find the time to act as real parents to him. Jacob wanted his parents to listen to him. Jacob wanted to confide in them. Jacob was begging, screaming, for his parents to notice his hardships, all in silence; because he knew once a disagreeable word came out of his mouth, he'd regret it. Every single thought process that came with it would put him in jeopardy.

Jacob fancied a life of free from despair. A life wherein he can freely discuss to his heart's content, wherein people would hear him out despite him scrambling through his words.

Those aspirations turned into human form in the likes of a certain Lisa Manoban. Everything changed when he met Lisa.

Lisa was the epitome of hope. She was a ball of sunshine. Lisa made him hear colors chiming in hues and see sounds dancing in different waves. As if he was now able to taste words and how he craved to know every single word possible to describe her and in what tone of voice would he use to sing praises to her. Lisa was every definition of salvation for Jacob.

Jacob adored Lisa. Lisa cherished Jacob. They were at the crossroads of everything between friendship and love. No one bothered to define what they have because it made perfect sense to them, even without words.

Not until his issues caught up to him and how the circumstances surrounding his family made it unbearable for him.

"Lily, I'm sorry. Both of us, we have a long journey ahead of us. You were my rock, you were my sanctuary during my darkest times and I will forever be grateful for that. I don't want to be a burden, I love you so much that I'd rather carry my burden on my own and learn to leave it all behind on my own. You don't deserve my issues Lily. You deserve a perfect version of me. You deserve that, more than anything."

With that, Jacob left for Paris to seek professional help and strived to get his life back in order. It is during those times that the Matters of the Heart was brought into life. Jacob swore that he'd never let anyone experience the struggle of unwanted silence when all you've ever wanted was a chance, an opportunity to be heard. He aspired to be a Lisa to every Jacob out there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Lily.."  Jacob cleared his throat and  finally broke the slight awkwardness building around them.

"Hmm?" Lisa hummed as she was snapped out of her trance.

I wanted to skip the small talks Lily, I mean, we converse and what not constantly, but I have these thoughts.. as if it's burning a hole in my head. Matters that we.. or at least I have yet to address. " Jacob, in all honesty, spoke.

" You're going all professional on me again Elordick.  We've discussed this over the phone haven't we? Have you forgotten my response the day you said you had to leave? Remember I told you that your happiness is my happiness. I wanted you to find happiness within you. I wanted you to get better Jake. It's all I ever wished for. "  with endearing eyes, Lisa replied.

Well I guess I just needed to hear it directly from you Lil, it has been a long time and I feel like we were in a sense, close but still with a rift in between."  Jacob answered back.

" Okay listen, I know you're still feeling a tad guilty about what happened. It was 7 years ago Jake. We were best friends, heck, we might have fallen in love somewhere along the way but did you think we were capable of handling a relationship back then? There were issues that needed to be addressed; if we pushed through, at some point, we could've ruined each other, may it be intentional or unintentional.. I wouldn't be able to live with that Jake. " Lisa sighed as she fumbled with her fingers.

" Right, of course Lily. I just felt terrible for leaving you like that, you were there for me when I needed you the most, but I wasn't there when you needed me the most." Jacob frowned at the thought of it.

Everything happens for a reason Jake. She had to leave for reasons that I didn't understand back then but now, as much as it pains me. I kind of agree, to some extent, that it was for the betterment of everyone. Lisa, almost whispering, uttered.

Sorry for bringing it up Lil. On a lighter note, I need to tell you something but promise me you won't laugh. " Jacob begged.

You know I can't promise you that Jake! Is this the reason why you invited me? Damn, I thought you genuinely missed me. I should've known.. you always have a hidden agenda behind the gestures Elordick!" Lisa screeched at him jokingly.

Oh gimme a break Lil, this is important. Of course , I missed your arrogant and despite that, you're lucky I still consider you as my best friend. " Jacob, almost rolling his eyes, mockingly answered.

"But seriously, I wanted to let you know since you were one of the main reasons behind it." Jacob continued on with a slight shift to a serious tone.

" Oh. " Lisa was momentarily taken aback by the statement .

"Well then, cut to the chase."

"Right, so uh.. I kind of, uh.. put up a company.." Jacob slightly tilting his head, lost in deep thought in finding the right words to say.

"That's good to hear Jake! So are you giving me shares of the company? Yo, Jake you didn't have to!" Lisa was almost giddy at the thought of being a stockholder and was having a blast clowning him.

"Pft, you wish Lily. All I'm saying is that you inspired me to reach out to people, you know like how she inspired you to be a life coach." Jacob cautiously answered knowing how his best friend would react to the statement.

" Mkaaay.. reaching out to people huh? Lisa deliberately ignored the latter part. "So is this some sort of a non-profit organisation? Tell me more about it."

"This idea of mine came into picture when I was in Paris. When I got better, I felt like I had a purpose in life. I was driven. I was determined to help people get back up and live their lives even after a devastating blow. I called it Matters of the Heart. It's a place wherein people can just, you know, pour their hearts out without judgment from others. A place where someone would listen and understand." Jacob pronounced with a huge grin on his face.

" Well if it isn't the noble signore Jacob Elordi!" Lisa abruptly stood up and animatedly bowed in front of him.

"But for real though Jake, I am honored to have contributed something to your company. I know it's really close to your heart and it's quite obvious from its name.." Lisa said while holding back a chuckle.

Jacob was about to fire back with a sarcastic statement of his own when Lisa interrupted him.

" WHOA. WHOA. WHOA. Hold awnnn  Mr. CEO!? Did you just say Matters of the Heart? Did I hear that right? With Ros... agents?" Lisa was almost shouting at this point, with her doe eyes wide open, waiting for Jacob's precious reply. "

Ït didn't take long for the phrase Matters of the Heart to register in Lisa's thoughts.

Well yeah?? Why do you seem so surprised and interested all of a sudden?! Jacob was in awe of Lisa's sudden change of demeanor.

"I just told you Lil, it's my company's name. Quit making fun of it now, mate. Que te pasa? What's with the gibberish Lily?! Yeah, I do have agents running the place if that's what you mean. Jacob, undeniably, was confused as .

It hit Lisa. How she, at the on set, made fun of the company but was later on, enthralled by an angelic voice coupled with feisty but still adorable banters. Lisa, once again, was caught in the act of pure admiration towards the agent. Lisa had no intention of telling Jacob how she clowned his precious company but she had all the intention and attention to get to know more about Agent Roseanne Park.

"Souh.. Jake.. quick question? Is there any chance you know a girl named Roseanne Park?" Lisa felt her cheeks burning, heart racing, at how the girl's name rolled off her tongue.

" Well yeah, she worked for the company. She's one of the best agents to be honest."  a quizzical look on Jacob's face was evident at the moment, he cannot wrap his mind around the fact that Lisa was suddenly curious about his company and the people he works with. 

Jacob noticed Lisa's flustered face upon hearing his answer. It was a mix of nervousness and happiness. Jacob knew because he rarely sees Lisa show raw and pure emotions, it was always masked with humor and sarcasm. There's something about the way Lisa talks and reacts towards..

" HOLY ! NO WAY LISA! IS SHE.. ROSEANNE..?! THE GIRL YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT EARLIER TODAY... NO WAY?! " Jacob was practically shouting at this point but still retained a smirk on his face. The call, Lisa's frustrated voice, it all made sense to him now. 

 "AND YOU ARE THE ROBOTIC VOICE CALLER?! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ILL OF MY COMPANY!?  you were one of the reasons why I put it up." Jacob was knocked for a loop, there was a sudden shift from a high pitch tone to a little pout. 

I know, I'm sorry but hear me out okay?" Lisa tried to console him through her soft voice and puppy doe eyes but Lisa can be quite the cunning woman. 

" Now, you said you wanted to be there for me when I needed you the most right? Now is the time to make it up to me my dear best friend! Please let me tag along tomorrow, let me visit your office.. and then we can call it quits." Lisa proudly remarked. 

Goddamn it. I hate it when you do that life coach thing on me Lily!" Jacob shook his head and accepted defeat. " Okay fine.. but.. it's just that.. uh.. she resigned, the day you called.. you were her last call mate." Jacob sighed. 

She what now? Ugh, I missed my chance then.. let's see, hmm.. I can turn this around. I can turn this around. Think Lisa, think. Lisa was now pacing back and forth as she tried to bring forth a solid plan to cross paths with Agent Angelic Voice once again. 

Jake! I need her number please!" Lisa blurted out with a giddy voice. 

" Whoa, whoa. Okay fine, your grace. your wish is my command." Jacob agreed as he managed to shove off Lisa's face away from him. 

Make sure your phone is fully charged." Jacob retorted back with a comical smile on his face.