Uno

Interim




Why am I doing this again?"

"Why am I doing this again?"

"I love my job."

" I love my job."

"I help people."

" I am a good listener."

" I excel in what I do."

"Why am I doing this?"

"I love my job."

"PUURRRRRRRR, PURRRRRRRR, PURRRRRRRR"

Channeling her inner Ryan and Sharpay vibe, Roseanne, for the nth time, tries to convince herself that her job actually satisfies her. It has been three long years with her most beloved job. 

Roseanne has been working with The Matters of the Heart Ltd., a company wherein agents are paid to listen to people's stories, complaints, violent reactions to well, the company name speaks for itself, the matters of the heart.

When Roseanne was interviewed by the owner, her first question was..

"What's your vision for this company, your purpose if I may? and if it is, in any way connected to you not mentioning your name since the start of my interview? Is this some sort of test? with all due respect Sir?"

The owner was in awe, for a brief moment, since he wasn't used to interviewees asking such an unusual set of questions. By an unusual set of questions, he meant bombarded with questions that he can't even fathom how she breathed in between the words.

"Glad you asked, Miss Park!" He answered with his eyes b with joy, with enthusiasm in his voice as he slammed his palm onto the table.

Roseanne was startled momentarily but returned a nervous and weirded out kind of chuckle. She raised her eyebrow motioning for him to carry on with his "sudden rush of energy" and answer her question.

He coughed animatedly, as if he was about to tell a story of a lifetime and he wasn't given an avenue to do so. Not until now.

"Well, for starters, interviewees would usually notice that I introduce myself although I don't tell them my name, I just go with the usual "pleasure to meet you, I am the owner of this company". I know it sounds arrogant but it serves its purpose, you know. I can see it in their eyes, their gestures, the tone of their voices. They seem to notice but they don't ask, so I let their imaginations run wild. I couldn't care less about their perception of me. I know my company is unique in its own way and not everyone will understand its purpose. Often times, my old colleagues would tell me how weird the company is and it lacks corporate identity.

This is the first time that someone was curious enough to ask about the company's purpose; without the obvious snorting and weirded out facial expressions. Someone had the guts to ask as to why I haven't mentioned my name and figured out its relevance with the company's purpose.

The company's purpose is simple, to listen to understand and not just to merely reply. Essentially, the heart has reasons of its own which reason does not know. I'd intentionally exclude my name so people would ask the reason for such, then I can tell them this narrative; just so I 'd know that the people that I'll work with believes in the company's purpose, it will guide them throughout their stay in this company"

With that, he extended his hand towards Roseanne and said " Name's Jacob by the way, Jacob Elordi, it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Roseanne Park."

Roseanne was dumbfounded.

" Did I just get hired? Girlie finally asked the right question!"

Jacob snapped his fingers to catch the girl's attention. Now that Roseanne seemed to be caught off guard by his story, he figured that it was his turn to throw out some questions of his own.

So, now that you know my name and the company's purpose, that's like a free sneak peek into my life and a clue that you may have a high chance of getting hired. Tell me something interesting about you. I was skimming through your papers and I noticed that you've been a consistent member of the glee club, Miss Musician?"

Roseanne was mentally cursing herself. She shouldn't have included that. She was in all sorts of mental anguish at the moment.

Uhm, yes. I was.  For a few years way back in college. It's something that I enjoyed for the mean time. It was nothing serious, just so I can have a club that I can join. My parents wanted me to socialize and all that. Roseanne answered tentatively.

" Do you have any particular instrument that you excel in?" Jacob asked with questioning eyes.

I sing for the most part, but I can play the piano, a little. And the guitar sometimes." Roseanne hesitantly answered.

Jacob noticed Roseanne's hesitance so he decided not push through with that topic any further.

Alright, I think that's enough for me. It was great talking to you Miss Park. My secretary will surely call you in the next few days, would that be okay?" as Jacob reached out his hand to the shaken interviewee.

" Yes, that would be lovely. Thank you for your time Mr. Elordi, it was an honor meeting you." Roseanne mindlessly shooked his hand and gave a timid smile.