Discourse

Interim

" That went well.. I think.." 
" I should've tried to keep the conversation going.."
"She hung up?!"
" Was that the proper choice of words though?"
" She actually hung up on me?!"

For a good thirty minutes, Lisa was pacing back and forth, in a soliloquy; trying to convince herself that her first actual conversation with the ever so charming agent, went well.

" It has been three days since I called her. I wonder what she's up to... what's happening.." 

Lisa, now lying in her bed, with a crunched up facial expression.

Throughout the so-called three day rule, Lisa was on her usual routine, work and play as she called it, but the past few days had been quite an unfamiliar territory for her.

Lisa is strategic, prudent, tactical, well-coordinated, not a fan of spontaneity, she anchored most of her life's principles on statistics, data and evidence. Pin point accuracy. It is also the reason why she excels in her field.

Until she met Roseanne Park.

In contrast, for some unknown reason, the agent seemed to be constantly on her mind, and Lisa was not amused by the fact that she was absolutely clueless as to the reason why, she had no point of comparison, everything was vague. It's as if her mind is in a jaded state in relation to decision-making all of a sudden. Lisa's interactions with Roseanne Park was every bit of ethereal spontaneity, no drafts, no plans, no reviews. All in head-spinning, heart warming, smile emitting, heart-racing spontaneity. 

why was she so intrigued by this lady, with an angelic voice, and her witty rebuttals, Lisa was back at it again, in a continuum, in the Roseanne vortex. A place wherein she had no control of, a place wherein things naturally gravitate to where Roseanne Park wants them to be or at least where Lisa has, unknowingly, allowed the little red, beating composition of muscles, situated inside her chest decide for her. 

Lisa wasn't over the fact that she might have made a bad impression onto the agent, that it might just be the guilt of being a jerk to a rather fine lady, just creeping in. At least that's what she kept telling herself. 

" God! Okay! Let's get this over with Lil.." Lisa abruptly stood up, ready to take on round two to infinity — times of figuring out what's her deal ever since she heard Roseanne Park's voice.

"It's about time we find out why we're so intrigued by her! SELF! let's enjoy our  rare spontaneity." And so the monologue continued.

" Alright, I'll call her back. Let's see where this takes me.. might have to devise a quick plan.. ugh, I shouldn't have went with Barney Stinson's three day rule! I'm watching too much How I Met Your Mother! This doesn't make sense!" Lisa was mentally cursing herself at the moment as she tries to rummage through a bunch of ridiculous ideas in her head.

" Oh! Brilliant! Oh wow, yes! Yes! Gorgeous! Okay, okay!" Lisa blurted out as if she came up with an idea of a lifetime and jumped out of her thinking chair.

Lisa animatedly stretched her arms and popped her knuckles as she dialed Roseanne's number. She was expecting yet another long series of rings before the latter picks up, but to her surprise, in a span of a few seconds, someone from the other end of the line, or was it from the afterlife since it was so heavenly, answered.

Hey, you."  The angel greeted.

H-h-hey Rosie."  Lisa stuttered. 

The robot seems to be in a low-powered state or was it the line breaking up?" I think I heard some kind of stutter."  Roseanne chuckled, maintaining her sarcastic tone. 

Sorry, the robot.. I, uh.. I'm quite nervous but yeah, it definitely had something to do with the signal, yup."  Lisa brushed off the evident tease on the agent's statement, cleared and proceeded with her so-called brilliant plan. Step 1. The Favor. 

Roseanne was taken aback by Lisa's deliberate admission. It took her a few seconds to answer back. 

"Nervous huh? That's new.. Well, why?" 

Little Miss Sarcastic is unrelenting.. Lisa thought to herself but she remained unfazed and pushed through with the plan.

" You see, I have this client, he's very serious, pure business, controlling,  super VVIP. He's an important client of mine and I just can't seem to break through his guard. I need your help."  Lisa laid out her first step.

" Hmm, well that's a first isn't it? A situation wherein things didn't go as planned for you? Anyway, first off, if he's your client then definitely, in some way, he needs your help as well, so why isn't he cooperating with you? Second, why me? in what way can I help? I'm not a life coach, I'm just a mere agent, or at least I used to be one."  Roseanne made her point. 

Well I'll be damned.. That was a good point. She sounds just like an agent, but a federal one. Lisa was in awe of how the woman can sound so sweet yet commanding at the same time but she reminded herself to focus on the task at hand. 

" No, you were the first and yes, point well taken. As I have told you, he's a really important client. A special one, indeed. That's why I asked for your help, you're in the same wavelength. I mean, I feel like he fits exactly within your expertise, Miss Park." Lisa spoke, in all honesty

" What do you mean I was the first one? Also, what were your parameters to conclude that I will be able to deal with him?  That's for me to determine, don't you think?" Roseanne was firing in all cylinders. 

"  I'm glad you agree! That's exactly my point! By all means, you are free to do so. I'll pick you up in 30, will you be kind enough to text me your address Rosie? My client and I would love to meet you and discuss further. Good talk!"  Lisa triumphantly said as she hung up.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roseanne was left dumbfounded. She was staring at the ceiling with the phone on her hand, her address left on draft in the message that she has yet to send.

She actually, technically, agreed to meet with Lisa and her so-called VVIP client.

"That was a brilliant way to ask someone out."  Roseanne mindlessly blurted out.

Did she just ask me out? Did I just thought of her asking for help is in turn asking me out?

Nah, I don't think so. She just asked for help and this is just me, being adventurous and about to meet absolute strangers. Seems pretty normal to me. Roseanne was in a mental debate with herself at the moment. 

At this point, Roseanne decided to ring Jacob, she needs answers before meeting these absolute strangers. Questions that has been bugging her thoughts ever since she spoke to Lisa and her probable connection with Jacob and their company.

" Glad you finally called." Jacob intriguingly answered. 

" Jacob, please tell me you're acquainted with Lisa. If not, you will be the first person that the authorities would contact if anything happens to me." Rosanne quickly answered. 

" Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down Roseanne. I reckoned she called you already? Hmm, that was a dumb question. It seems like it. Very well then." Jacob replied. 

Look, Lisa is a close friend of mine. I know you have tons of questions and I would love to explain everything but I'm running late for a meeting, let me schedule a meeting with you and Lisa in the next few days, okay? Good to hear you're doing great Roseanne! Get out of your comfort zone for once! Bye, talk to you soon!"  With that Jacob hung up. 

Once again, Roseanne was left with no words. In a span of few minutes, her entire week was hypothetically booked. She didn't even utter a single word of confirmation. The recent turn of events has been mind-boggling.

I guess it's time to face the music, Roseanne.

With that, she hit the send button.