Prima Facie

Interim

AN: Sorry I haven't updated in a long while, I wanted to enjoy my rare occurrence of a thing called vacation. :)) I hope all of you are having a wonderful holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you, thank you for staying and reading despite the sloooooooooow updates. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to send me a message or leave a comment. I greatly appreciate all of you! ~ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quite a long drive from the agent's home to their destination but Lisa and Roseanne did not seem to notice. They have been talking for a while now, topics ranging from food to more food and everything in between. Lisa was very much amused by the fact that Roseanne was quite chatty, she reckoned it would be somewhat awkward between the two of them since they have just spoken via phone, and man, was it not the most appealing conversation that Lisa was expecting to have with someone of Roseanne's caliber.  Lisa was glad to have marginally redeemed herself at this point. She had no plans of stopping. Failure isn't an option. 

" Hey, what made you decide to buy me a sikhye for a, as you call it, a peace offering?" Roseanne asked while looking out the car window. 

" To be honest, I just felt like it would be the appropriate thing to give? Instead of asking you out for coffee, which would be highly unlikely for you to agree, I decided to go for the simple drink, kinda shows genuine sincerity you know?"  Lisa paused for a bit, grinning. 

"Don't you like it? We can drop by a store and we can get you another drink or whatever it is that you want." Lisa continued with a shy smile. 

" No, no it's okay. I absolutely love this drink. Thank you, I appreciate the effort.. mkay, yeah I think I would've totally slammed the door on your face if you asked me out for coffee."  Roseanne returned the grin.

" Well, you totally slammed me with that beautiful smile of yours. I almost melted away when you stared at me for a few. Madamme, I was done for!" Lisa comically clutched her chest and playfully closed her eyes for a bit.

" Focus on the road or pullover. Your choice Casanova." Roseanne answered in a monotonous tone. 

She wanted to laugh but was swept over the fact that Lisa noticed that she, indeed, stared at her. For a brief moment, Roseanne wanted the earth to swallow her entire being. 

" Awwhh ~ sorry Rosie! See, you're leaving me with no choice here, I'm trying my absolute best to focus on driving but it's extremely difficult with you beside me. I want to give my full attention, I like talking to you, discussing you know. Hearing your thoughts on things. If we pullover, it wouldn't leave me with much of a choice as well, I'd try not to get so lost in our conversation, I'd probably forget that we have to meet a client of mine . So what's it gonna be Rosie?" Lisa mouthed the last words with a sly smile. 

" I'll drive, smarty pants or just drop me off. It isn't that complicated, you see?" Roseanne emphasized, with her arms crossed. 

" Mm-hm, fair enough." Lisa chuckled. 

She decided to drop the flirty remarks, for now.

It was dead silent for a while, all they can hear was the roar of the car speeding through the empty road and the soft jazz music from the radio. A gentle breeze kissed their cheeks, it made both of them smile for a bit.  There was an overcast in the skies, it made Lisa frown for a bit, wondering if the weather would not cooperate with her and ruin her quasi-dubious plan. Roseanne noticed Lisa's pout and her quick space out moment.

" What's with the pout Lily?" Roseanne asked with curious eyes. 

" We're here!" Lisa raised her voice, flashed a smile, mindlessly dodging the question.

Lisa helped Roseanne remove her seat belt and stormed out of the vehicle afterwards to be able to open the door for her. 

" Well, you don't have to do that."  Roseanne, almost whispering, as she looked down for a bit, and stepped out.

" Sorry, what was that?" Lisa asked as she reached and held Roseanne's hand while she alight the vehicle. 

" Oh my! Look at all the kids Lisa! Does your client own this day care center?" Roseanne enthusiastically made her way towards the center, eyes on the toddlers running around with their toys in hand. 

" Well, you'll know eventually Rosie." Lisa smiled as she followed the charming lady moving towards the flock.

Lisa was stopped in her tracks when a certain fellow was walking towards her. 

A bright pink object on his hand. Playful sneer on his face. Walking arrogantly. Chest heaving up and down. Raising his hands as if he was about to strangle her as he approached. 

Lisa felt weak in the knees. Cold sweat in her forehead. She felt like fainting but his voice brought her back to reality.

" Well hewwo Lily Wanobwan." The young boy with puffy red cheeks, big doe eyes, button nose and a pixie haircut snuggled her, he was b with excitement.

" H-h-hey Louis! Oh, it so good to see you!" Lisa hugged him back with shaky hands. 

" Uh, Louis.. I'd like you to meet my friend.. Rosie. Wendy told me you were excited to see her? What's with the enthusiasm champ?" Lisa asked as she carried Louis. 

" Oof, you're getting heavy Louieeeee. Have you been eating well and not running around coloring walls?" Lisa gently raised him up and down playfully. 

" Ummm.." Louis trailed off, he was on the brink of tears all of a sudden. He dropped his big pink crayon.

" No, no, no. Oh no Louieee ~ that's not what I meant buddy. Look here, I brought you a new coloring book! Look, look buddy! Now where's your crayons hmm.." Lisa tried to console him but to no avail, she was about to fail her client once more. Step 2 was a big let down. This is deja vu.. Lisa thought to herself. 

" I wonder who owns this big pink crayon.. oh this would be lovely to use in that new coloring book, i love pink! This should be fun!" Roseanne spoke and went behind Lisa as Louis was about to cry. She waved the crayon and the book in front of Louis and flashed a smile. 

" Can i come with you? I like coloring.." Louis wiped his eyes and immediately grinned as he tried to reach Roseanne with his short plump arms. 

" Oh thank God!" Lisa exclaimed as she gently transferred Louis into Rosie's arms. "Right, buddy. This is my friend Rosie. Rosie this is Louieee." Lisa looking into Rosie's eyes as their faces were in close proximity.

" Hi sweetie! How about we find a table inside and let's start coloring this awesome book shall we?" Roseanne slightly pecked Louis' cheeks and quickly waved goodbye to Lisa, obviously grateful she didn't have to see how Lisa would react to her being a blushing mess. 

" Hookay, see you guys.. later.. right? I'll see you guys later right?" Lisa slightly shouted while waving her hands as Rosie and Louis disappeared from her sight. That was close.. Lisa thought to herself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Looks like Step 2 is working perfectly Lil!" Wendy lightly bumped Lisa's shoulders.

" Oh hey Wannie! God! That was so close! He almost cried again. Glad Rosie was here, oh i'm so smart! This was a well executed plan!" Lisa exclaimed as she clapped her hands. 

" Well, I don't know about that Lil!" Wendy animatedly shrugged her shoulders, taunting Lisa. "Kidding aside, he's making progress Lisa. I think he's into music. I noticed that in one of our music classes recently, too bad we're undermanned these days." Wendy explained. 

" How frequent are we holding the music classes? Initially, it's weekly right?" Lisa asked. 

" As I've said we're undermanned Lil, it's twice a month nowadays." Wendy answered. 

" Right, we need to improve on that. Let me find a way to sort that out Wannie mkay?" Lisa reassured.

" I'll help you out Lily, you've done so much for this center. You're going above and beyond for these kids, especially for Louis." Wendy remarked.

" Anything for the kids, Wannie. Let me just swing by the loo and get myself cleaned. It has been a long day." Lisa sighed as she patted Wendy's shoulder.

" Sure thing Champ. I'll look after your wife and child in the mean time." Wendy smirked as Lisa passed by her.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy walked passed by the rooms as a routine check after classes.

As she reached the end of the hall, she heard a faint sound of music and intervals of chimes and hum. Wendy followed it up until she reached one of their music rooms. 

Wendy peeked through the window and saw a blonde woman playing the piano, humming soft tunes as Louis was swaying along with her. 

That must be Rosie, she's quite the charmer.  Wendy thought to herself.

"Isn't she lovely?" Lisa whispered. 

"Jesus! Fudge! Lisa! Why were you creeping up on me like that!" Both of them were startled as the door swung open due to their sudden movements. 

The music was brought to a halt as Louis quickly snuggled to Rosie upon seeing Lisa and Wendy stumble towards the music room. 

" Oh hey guys. Sorry for the ruckus! Hehe!" Lisa spluttered. 

" Hi, crashing the party aren't we? I'm Lisa's friend, Wendy! You must be Rosie! Pleasure to meet you!" Wendy stood up and cleared as she greeted Rosie.

" Hello, Wendy! Nice to meet you." Roseanne smiled as she reached Wendy's hand for a handshake.

" I'm glad to see you and Louis getting along. Louie can be quite the client."  Wendy stated. 

" Client? Is he.. Oh! I see. Well he's quite reserved but still such an adorable boy!" Roseanne cooed. 

" That he is! Anyway, Lisa usually have a difficult time working with him. The life coach thing isn't working its magic on Louis. Lisa loves all of the kids here, especially Louis. We're glad she saved this daycare center a few years back. Such an angel." Wendy praised. 

" Saved?" Roseanne wondered. 

" Ah, well. The land was about to be foreclosed, the old owners were struggling financially. Lisa along with a few of our friends managed to work things out and here we are." Wendy explained.

" I see, now I understand why Lisa was so concerned about this client of hers. It turns out to be a special man in her life." Roseanne claimed. 

" Thank you for dropping by Rosie, I bet Louis would love to spend more time with you soon. Sorry to cut the concert short but we still need to send the kids home and fix stuff around, you know, the usual." Wendy clarified. 

" Oh, I should be the one apologising, Louis and I didn't notice the time. It's really heartwarming to have spent the day with Louis, such a lovely lad." Roseanne gushed. 

As Lisa finally found a way for Louis to harness his coloring skills some more. Wendy interrupted their progress and gestured all of them to leave the room and for the kids to finish the remaining activities for the day. 

Lisa and Roseanne bid farewell to Wendy and Louis. Both of them promised to go back and spend more time with their  precious client. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive back to Roseanne's place was full of heartfelt laughter and genuine smiles. Lisa's plan worked in ways she did not expect. 

Both of them alight the vehicle with blushing cheeks.

" Today was wonderful, thank you for letting me introduce you to a dear client of mine. He absolutely adores you.. Thanks again Rosie.." Lisa mumbled. 

" No, thank you.. for introducing me to Louis and introducing me to another side of you.. I had so much fun today.."  Roseanne breathed as she quickly kissed Lisa's cheek. 

"Now off you go, i know you have tons of work to do, your phone is ringing non stop, don't think I didn't notice. You left your phone near my seat. It kept vibrating." Roseanne continued while putting a finger on Lisa's lips to prevent her from responding. 

Before Lisa can even think of a response, Roseanne stormed out of the vehicle and was already in her front porch in no time. She was waving her hands, saying goodbye and kept mouthing the words, "go" and "thank you."

Lisa was left with no choice but to smile back, the biggest smile that she can muster and wave goodbye to the alluring woman that she spent her day with. 

As the car's engine roared back to life and the car speed away, so did Lisa's heart, in high amounts of bliss, back into a delightful state making its way to a certain blonde woman with a distinct aussie accent.