Cinco

Interim

Uncharacteristically, Lisa found herself at a loss for words. Driven into the abyss of the memories that she had managed to keep from re-emerging for the longest time. The ragged walls that she painstakingly built; the walls that was supposed to perpetually keep her safe was at the verge of crumbling down. A mere agent with an angelic voice and a simple question was the proximate cause.

My love, I'm sorry. I am sincerely sorry. I should've known better. What we had was every definition of perfect but I wasn't happy. This is quite a predicament for us my dear, but still, I want you to remember that happiness never coexists with perfection because happiness is relative. It may be wrong in the eyes of another but it can be the greatest thing that has ever happened, for you. I want you to remember that even if you choose to forget every single thing about me; but not this one, not this one.

Lily, I'm sorry. Both of us, we have a long journey ahead of us. You were my rock, you were my sanctuary during my darkest times and I will forever be grateful for that. I don't want to be a burden, I love you so much that I'd rather carry my burden on my own and learn to leave it all behind on my own. You don't deserve my issues Lily. You deserve a perfect version of me. You deserve that, more than anything.

"He-ll-oh Row-bot? Are. You. Still. There. We don't. Sell. Motor. Oils. Here. Ya need a refill mate?Roseanne annoyingly mimicked the robot voice changer.

Lisa was snapped back into reality by the same voice which drowned her a few moments ago, but this time the aussie accent became her air bubble.

"Oh! Don't celebrate yet. I have tons of  those lines up my sleeve. To answer your question. I was thrilled that day! I couldn't be any happier! I became a certified life coach. I help people using real life experience coupled with statistics. I don't pretend to be knowledgeable with something that I'm not entirely familiar with.Lisa, with all her remaining might, "returned the favour."

Roseanne, for the first time, was in deep thought, should she play along with this arrogant life coach caller and risk losing her cool or should she just say the usual formalities and let this one slip by, it's her last call anyways.

Roseanne glanced over Jacob who looked absolutely entertained by the ongoing exchange.

She went for the first option.

"Now, now what do we have here?A certified life coach! Oh! What honour! What have I done in this life to be graced by one's presence? Please indulge me, what brings your certified brilliance in this meager place?" Roseanne spit sarcasm like fire and it was aimed at Lisa's papier-mâché ego.

Unknowingly, Lisa furrowed her eyebrows upon hearing the statement and felt the burning sarcasm that came along with it. Agent Angelic Voice got challenge as her middle name. The imaginary scorecard was shining somewhere in her cloud of thought. Game on.

"Do me a favor and clean your ears m'lady, for I am about to spare my righteousness to all of you in that walkie talkie place you call office. Your Highness came to rescue you from your demise and awaken your senses! I shall prevent thy from spreading the blasphemy you call rational pieces of advice." Lisa from the House of Smug Tone replied.

Roseanne huffed as she rolled her eyes. She felt the repercussions of choosing the first option blow up on her face. The life coach with a robot voice is annoying the life out of her yet, she was amazed by how persistent, the person on the other end of the line, was. Both of them knew that the self proclaimed Highness fell off her high horse a while ago. Roseanne was determined to hit that weak spot again.

Your Grace ——"

Roseanne was cut off by the sound of a dropped call.

Jacob was flushed red as he tried to keep his laughter in —

It seems to me that Podrick forgot to bring the Highness' phone charger, Oh what misfortune!"Jacob mustered a sarcastic statement of his own.

Roseanne almost fell off her chair laughing, nodding while holding her stomach. She can feel her cheeks burn.

Alas, Agent Angelic Voice's last call was a successful one. It was hard fought but she won, by default? Or perhaps due to technical knockout? The inside jokes kept on coming as Roseanne waved goodbye to Jacob and her colleagues.

The most compassionate and brilliant agent of the Matters of the Heart Ltd., was able to defend her title and walk out gracefully with her title belt.

However..

Roseanne found herself lingering over the caller's demeanor when she mentioned the phrase "we value our callers, we care for them"  She kept on wondering about the thought process behind that cryptic line. It sounded like it was buried deep down and when it was excavated, it's weight and the sound that it made; echoed through her entire being and it refused to leave. The caller's silence afterwards was deafening but somehow it made her go after the inexistent sound waves it created in her thoughts.

Agent Angelic Voice is in a curiosity trance; her tripping over a rock was a clear evidence, as if her mission pager rang and it brought her back into reality.

" Life Coach sounded like a real smarty pants. I wonder if she'll call back, will she? Will she accept defeat and give up the Iron Throne? I doubt it. While shaking her head, Roseanne, mindlessly, took out her phone and googled " certified life coaches 2019"