Smitten

Interim

Lisa is excitement formed into a human at the moment. 

Weirdly giddy. That's how she describes it. 

Lisa did not expect her plan to work out and not once did she consider that Roseanne would just simply send her, her home address. That was a long shot but Lisa was glad she took the risk. 

Now it's time for Step 2. The Client. 

Lisa is hoping and praying that her special client is in a good mood since she will be accompanied by someone special as well. 

Lisa is absolutely delighted by the thought of it. Special seemed to be a big word to her vocabulary all of a sudden. Although Lisa was in all sorts of mixed feelings at the moment, she reminded herself to not sweat the small stuff, not everything will go according to plan and since it's Roseanne Park, she have come to terms with the fact that her favorite "stats don't lie" mantra is inapplicable at this point. This was a strictly Roseanne Park zone. 

As Lisa made her way to the agent's address, she made sure to stop by a store and bought sikhye as a peace offering. No one can resist sikhye. Lisa thought to herself. 

She's ready to meet Agent Angelic Voice.

Or not.. 

Lisa was about to step out of her car. Triple checked if it's the correct address. Stared at the sikhye for god knows how long. Fighting the urge to back out and say made up excuses. She was obviously prolonging the agony. 

Lisa was very much nervous, for the life of her, in ways she will not be able to describe. It was a good kind of "nerves", she has never felt this for a long time now, she was always bursting with confidence, always on her A game. However, this time she felt as if she was about to lose her footing by just stepping out of her car and walking towards the front porch. 

By this time, she was thankful by the beautiful distraction created by the structure in front of her. It looked like an old bungalow but was obviously well-kept. A little pathway covered in luscious green landscape and some well-maintained flower pots bursting with varieties of hues and colours surrounding the front porch. 

Lisa was smiling as she held the sikhye close to her and mustered all of her might as she pushed the door bell button.

---------------------------------------------------------

Roseanne heard her door bell ring. 

"Snap. This is it." Roseanne whispered. 

Roseanne made her way to the front porch and took a few deep breaths before opening the door. 

" Hi, how are we feeling today, Rosie?"

Roseanne was greeted with ash brown hair, big doe eyes, cute button nose and an adorable grin. She can't help but to smile back and tried her absolute best not to stare for too long. She can't believe that this person right in front of her sounded so arrogant and boastful over the phone. She might be dreaming. Lisa is cute, at the very least.. What a charming woman.  Roseanne thought so as she reached her hand out for a handshake. 

" I'm great! nice of you to ask. um, how was the travel time? I hope it wasn't that far for you. " Roseanne answered enthusiastically, as she let go of Lisa's hand and used the same hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

At this point, Lisa was internally squealing. It took all of her strength to greet the exquisite lady in front of her. Strictly speaking, Lisa thought that she's prepared to meet Agent Angelic Voice. 

How can she be more dreamy than I expect her to be. Stats don't lie. I'm never wrong. 

But my oh my was she wrong, so wrong, absolutely wrong, in so many levels of wrong. 

Roseanne was beyond dreamy. She had gorgeous blonde hair, might need a quick trip to the salon, but still gorgeous. Adorable fluffy cheeks, perfect nose, to-die-for smile and the Aussie accent. Lisa is losing it, internally of course. She can't afford to gush over in front of her. 

As Roseanne reached out for a handshake, Lisa was glad that Roseanne was kind of staring at her for a few seconds, or was that her mind playing tricks on her,  nevertheless, she was able to pacify herself and shake the lady's soft hand. 

Lisa noticed a slight blush on Roseanne's cheek as she asked her as to the travel time. Lisa was convinced that her mind was definitely playing tricks on her since she saw Roseanne tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. Blush on cheeks. Body Language. Lisa, you know this. This is second nature to you. 

Lisa decided to shrug off her annoying life coach instinct and went on to answer back.

" No, it wasn't that far. Not much of a bother. Nice place you got here, looks so serene. I'd love to have a place like this someday."

" Oh, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get a better place than this."

" I don't think there's any place better than this." // "Would you like to come in?"

Lisa and Roseanne were both taken aback by their statements. 

"I, uh.. would love to ..but we're on a pretty tight schedule. On the brighter side of things, my client, for some reason that I can't seem to decode, is thrilled to meet you. I'm apologising in advance." Lisa decided to break the awkwardness. 

" Why the need to apologise? Where are we meeting him? You really seem to be at a loss with this one. Your pout gave it away."  Roseanne snickered. 

"You'll eventually know when we get there."  Lisa winked at her. 

There it is again. The blush. Lisa continued to ignore it. 

" I got you a sikhye by the way. A peace offering. I would like you to know that I still feel bad about our first conversation. I'm sorry, let me make it up to you, please?" As Lisa placed the drink on Roseanne's hand with pleading doe eyes. 

Roseanne is in complete disarray. She has constantly found herself lost in those big doe eyes in the few minutes that she spent talking to this complete stranger and she hates that she can't do anything about it. 

"Thank you, you didn't have to.. hmm, I'll think about it." Roseanne smiled shyly."Are we ready to go?"

" Yes, after you m'lady." Lisa flashed her signature grin and animatedly bowed as if to imitate a butler.

Instinctively, Lisa held out her hand to Roseanne as she went down the porch and as she was about to board their vehicle. Roseanne was shaking her head, laughing as she pointed out that there were little steps in the front porch and that she can board the vehicle on her own. 

Maybe this wasn't a bad idea after all.  Roseanne thought to herself. 

Spontaneity isn't bad after all.  Lisa thought to herself.