Interim

Interim

Hello. 

 

Interim was supposed to be a sad story, the title speaks for itself. I was an emotional wreck back then and thought of writing as an outlet. But as I was writing it, I just couldn't imagine writing Chaelisa in that perspective so I did my best to sort of revamp the story. Chaelisa would always be the fluffiest ship in my eyes. 

 

I have always believed that great stories come from an eager mind and a passionate heart. As time goes by, I was able to move forward with the things that I was dealing with but I lost the "passion" to continue on with this story. My chapters feels like rushed and it felt like there's no flow in it, my updates were in absurd occurrence like once every two months or even more. For that, I sincerely apologise. I should've known better. 

 

To be honest, I don't have to heart to continue writing and giving you guys a half hearted story I treasure each and everyone of you and I firmly believe that you deserve the best chapters and a great story. I sincerely apologise to everyone.. 

 

I know this isn't much but I would like to share the prose that I wrote which inspired the whole concept of Interim. I know it wouldn't make up for the incompetency that I showed and I will understand if most of you will be disappointed, Again, I sincerely apologise. 

 

I hope each one of you are finding ways to cope up with the pandemic and all the sad events happening in the world ~ Hang in there! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Interim 

 

Side by side we walk the path to an unknown part of town

 

We shared glances, glimpses that turn into stares, smirks, smiles that turn into laughter. For a moment, it felt like I knew you, as if our hearts beat as one, as if our breaths and sighs were part of a single rhythm. 

 

I adored watching you talk about the things that you love, things that make your eyes glow as if the sun doesn't exist, things that make you cry yourself to sleep, your worries and your fears, as if darkness comes every night and you admit that you succumb to it. 

 

I listened intently,  as if your stories are the only way out of this manic world, as if every detail about you would disappear as how the wind kisses the sand, I made a blueprint of you in my mind, only to find out that you were the puzzle. 

 

No, you weren't meant to be solved, that was my mistake. Your pieces were rearranged for a purpose and I shouldn't have touched it. I shouldn't have dared to get close knowing that you were part of a grandiose art piece and was meant to be appreciated from afar. 

 

Just how the moth flew way too much close to the lamp, I burned my wings and crashed to the ground. It shattered something inside of me that I have yet to discover as I look at the remnants of my journey. But I will walk away with a smile on my face, knowing that I will never deal with the excruciating feeling of regret, that I was able to fly close to you, to feel your warmth and how it felt like it was all that I ever yearned for. 

 

I woke up to the scorching heat of the sun or was it the memories of you burning a hole in my head. I start to walk along the path that we used to take, where our fingers would brush each others but would never intertwine, where our voices would create little echoes but would never linger. We were parallel yet we were interim.