Disclosure

Interim

Hey Rosie, I know it's late and you don't need to respond.

 

I just want you to know that I'm willing to listen to whatever music you wish to create.

 

See you soon? :)

 

Good night and sleep well! ;)

 

After numerous twisting and turning, Lisa finally had the courage to send her text message. For someone who always knew what to say, it took forever for Lisa to think of 'some appropriate words for goodnight.'

 

 

"Riiiiiight, time to hit the sack champ. Let things run its course. Let things run its course." Lisa hummed as she awaits for sleep to lure her in. 

 

Few pep talks here and there, the life coach was fast asleep, dreaming of adorable cats and fluffy cheeks. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAH! RISE AND SHINE LILY! GET YOUR STINKIN' DOWN HERE!!" Jacob was screaming his heart out, intentionally dropping the newly cleaned pots and utensils causing a ruckus in Lisa's kitchen.

 

Jacob was early.  Real early. Too early and too loud for Lisa. 

 

"UGH, JESUS! What does he want?! Jacob Elordi.. YOU ARE SO DEAD!!" Lisa fixes her hair and drags herself out of bed, much to her annoyance, whispering death threats to her best friend downstairs. 

 

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH YOU JAKE?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? LOOK! IT'S STILL DARK OUTSIDE!" Lisa shouted, stomping her way towards the staircase.

 

"WHY ARE YOU SO LOU ---" Lisa was cut off by the smell of food, making her stomach grumble. 

 

"Mmmm.. is that...bacon and pancakes?" The grumpiness in her voice is slowly dissipating with every step she takes.

 

"Uh-huh.." Jacob smirked and nodded his head, luring the grumpy lady towards the food on the table.

 

Lisa continued to walk down the stairs, now with more enthusiasm, rubbing and squinting her eyes as she try to make out of the breakfast platter on her table.

 

"Mm-hm! Come closer, yup! just a little more.. a few more steps, right down here champ.." Jacob found himself mustering some random hand gestures. 

 

''DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME? IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?..

 

...CHOCOLATE MILK??????!!!!"

 

Wide-eyed and almost as if bouncing, Lisa ran down upon seeing a pitcher of her favorite drink. 

 

"'Oh god help me.." Jacob shook his head and chuckled at the sight.

 

"Why don't you sit your over here and see for yourself?" Lisa gladly grabbed a chair and helped herself while Jacob mumbled incoherent phrases as he picked up the pots and utensils on the kitchen floor.

 

  -- and you are welcome my dear best friend -- who doesn't even visit me nor cook me breakfast whenever she's free?!" Jacob blurted out with his eyebrows raised, slightly nudging Lisa as she devoured her breakfast. 

 

''Well thank you best friend who I've just seen yesterday and who should know that I am never free?" Lisa freestyled and chugged down a glass of water before continuing to speak

 

"So to what do I owe the pleasure Mr. Elordi? What brings your majestic whiny to a lowly life coach's humble abode this fine morning?" 

 

'' I was just running errands, checking my schedule this and that, and I noticed that I overlooked a certain.. meeting, which included you of course. So, I figured I should drop by and be the bearer of good news, my friend!'' Jacob spoke proudly. 

 

''Aaaand what is that certain good news Jake? This better be worth all the noise that you made this morning!'' Lisa answered back, rolling her eyes and arms crossed. 

 

'' Here I thought I am the only one with a majestic whiny !"

 

''Jake, it doesn't suit you, please continue or else your majestic whiny name privilege will be revoked!"

 

'' Fine, fine! So, I remember Roseanne calling me a few weeks back..'' Jacob paused and decided to see how Lisa would react.

 

Lisa was obviously all ears, an obvious hint of pink on her cheeks, forehead slightly creased, probably wondering why on earth Jacob ever got so lucky,  Roseanne called him. Jacob knows this, Lisa is an expert on observing people. But Jacob, being friends with Lisa for a long time now, Life Coach Lisa ain't got nothing on me. 

 

''Yeah? What about Rosie?'' Lisa's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. 

 

'' I think I told her we'd meet some other time?'' 

 

"You asked her out?!'' Lisa shrieked. 

 

'' Easy tiger! Let me finish! Yes, I told her we'd meet some other time, the three of us, and that I was running late for a meeting, I had to improvise and of course, I put in a good word for you. She had a hunch that we knew each other, that's the reason why she called. You should be thanking me, now you have a reason to see her again!'' Jacob raised his hand signaling for a high five. 

 

''Hmm, that's interesting. But hey, whatever happened to your ''let things run its course'' spiel? I remember you being so adamant about it."

 

"News flash Lily, it has been renamed to JAKE.''  Jacob raised his hand for a high five again. This time much higher. 

 

Lisa tried to answer but no words came out of , her face just made a quizzical look with her eyes rapidly blinking, trying to make sense of what Jake said. 

 

''Oh come on Lily, I've always seen you as an intellectual, don't ruin it for me.''

 

''Jake, I swear. I don't get it. Is there supposed to be a punchline or something?”

 

''You're no fun Lily, I meant you should see it now as ''let things be ran by Jake.'' Jacob clarified, dropped his hand, slightly disappointed. 

 

''OH. That was actually smart Jake, who knew you had it in you?" Lisa chuckled and stuck her tongue out. 

 

'' Pft, jerk! Don't get me wrong, 'let things run its course' still stands. It's just that I made an exception for you my dear slow poke friend.'” Jacob ‘fought’ back. 

 

'' Who? Me? Take that back! I'm not a slow poke! I'm just making sure that I get things right! Jake, take that back!'' Lisa was jumping, clinging to his arms, trying to reach Jake's hair and let her knuckles do the revenge for her

 

''Stop! I can't! Lily! I'm calling her right now!  Lily! Goddammit, it's ringing!! It's frickin' ringing, stop!! Jacob tries to yank his hair away from Lisa as he dials Roseanne's number, praying to the gods that Lisa calms down as soon as she answers.

 

Alright, I take it back! You're not a slow po... 

 

By the gods, his prayer was answered. 

 

...Hey Roseanne! oh yeah, yes. I'm fine. Shouting? No, no one is shouting. It's all good in here. 

 

...How are you holding up? Yes, yes. I'm sure, I'm okay. 

 

...Remember the last time you called and I said that the three of us would catch up? Well, I don't have much to do back at the office, so I figured I'd made good on that promise. 

 

...Does dinner sound okay? Yeah? Great! Lisa will pick you up, I just have to make reservations! 

 

...Yeah don't worry, it's totally cool with Lisa! Right, bye see ya! 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

''Okay, slow poke, we are going for a hat trick! Dress to impress Lily! I know I don't have to tell you but the look on your face right now says otherwise."  Jacob was amused at how the panic slowly crept up on Lisa’s face.

 

''What? What do you mean? I'm just still sleepy! Don't you have things to do? Off you go now. I still have to get ready for work! Thanks for the breakfast Jake, move along now!'' Lisa tries to evade more of Jacob’s teasing as she pushed him towards the door. 

 

''Oh please, it's Sunday Lily! You don't have a client scheduled for today, call me when you're done overthinking slow poke!"Jacob grabbed his car keys and made his way to the front door, humming and annoying the hell out of Lisa.

 

"By the way, your door was unlocked again, you've never outgrown this habit of yours Lily. Be careful next time okay?'' He added, an obvious hint of worry in his voice.

 

'' Oh, uh.. Sorry Jake, yeah. I'll make sure it's locked. I got it. Don't worry." Lisa awkwardly smacked his arm as she tried to avoid his worry-filled gaze.

 

Jacob noticed the sudden anxiousness in Lisa's voice but decided not to dwell on it for now, that's for another time, he made a mental note.